medicom rah ESB boba fett MODS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2mgvyiu.jpg

Repainted his visor silver, going to re-paint it, wasn't happy with it detail-wise. But Im VERY happy with the shape, think it's dead-on ESB fett. Made the same mistake sideshow made tho and made him too green. :lol

My girlfriend pointed it out. Damn colorblindness will always hold me back. Oh well, I'm happy enough with him. If only because I can't really see the difference anyway. :lol

Last edited:
Just recently saw this thread. For those who modified the Medicom Boba Fett, what is the best replacement body? I always see HT Slim body mentioned on this thread. But which one?

I'm probably one of the few people than disagree on the body...get a new Medi body. They don't break like the old ones. I think the posture is better AND doesn't look slightly too large (like the HT Slim). Depends what you're going for.

I'm probably one of the few people than disagree on the body...get a new Medi body. They don't break like the old ones. I think the posture is better AND doesn't look slightly too large (like the HT Slim). Depends what you're going for.

I'm aiming for the height. So will try the HT TTM 22.

I'm aiming for the height. So will try the HT TTM 22.
That's the thing. IMO, if you make the figure taller, you throw off the proportions of most of the armor. I makes the Helmet look smaller. This doesn't bother some people and if you like the pics of others that have done this, then it won't bother you either.

That's the thing. IMO, if you make the figure taller, you throw off the proportions of most of the armor. I makes the Helmet look smaller. This doesn't bother some people and if you like the pics of others that have done this, then it won't bother you either.

That's a good and valid opinion. It took me a while, but I guessed I just stick with the body and continue my plan on weathering the figure.
WP_20140405_001_zps35f5b91b.jpg

Jeremy Bulloch is 5'10". Boba Fett should be a bit shorter looking.

5'10" is equal to 296mm at 1/6 scale...

WP_20140406_001_zpse4e8091d.jpg

Only a kit bashed or should I say figure bashed Boba Fett is the only way to get a "perfect" figure.
This might be an interesting project for me and my first for figures if I pursue this.

Kamandi, that's a bad *** looking Fett. Nice work.

Ok off to eBay....

So I just got a medi esb Fett yesterday for a really cheap price, intended from the start for him to be a bit of a project. Already got a Jedi fett and prefer it over the sideshow, but knew I'd have a lot of work ahead to get the ESB up to a level I'd be happy with.
So, 1st step, strip him down, reposition jet pack and do a body swap. Unfortunately my 1st body didn't fit, underestimated just how skinny the shoulers were on the suit, so ordered a medi naked2 narrow shoulder, but in the meantime have put him on a very skinny body I had laying around. Already looking better height wise.
Trying a few different helmets, the medi, tomy and marmit. For me the marmit takes it.
So next, dye the jumpsuit, reposition the shoulder armor and do some repaints while waiting for the new body...
5y5e4e5a.jpg

7usesase.jpg

qavenunu.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I'd be very conservative with the blue dyeing of his Jumpsuit. IMO I don't think it's necessary and believe that it was the lighting and filters on film that contribute to the blue...kind of like the whole Han's Hoth Jacket thing.
I agree that the Marmit is the best bucket for this Mod. If you use the Medi Rangefinder and even go as for as customizing the Tomy earpiece to fit, It looks even better.
a.jpg
A_Feb_2014_4.jpg
A_Feb_2014.jpg

thanks for the tips man, your's looks fantastic, it was actually seeing yours that inspired me to to have a go myself!
I've got my own Fett suit and i'm going to try and get the color of the jumpsuit as close as i can to it, its definitely more blue, but not bright, so yeah, i think i'm going to have to be really carefull with that dye...
I'm now after a set of the sideshow hands and neck seal, really not impressed with the lack of articulation in the Medi hands.

I'd be very conservative with the blue dyeing of his Jumpsuit. IMO I don't think it's necessary and believe that it was the lighting and filters on film that contribute to the blue...kind of like the whole Han's Hoth Jacket thing.
I agree that the Marmit is the best bucket for this Mod. If you use the Medi Rangefinder and even go as for as customizing the Tomy earpiece to fit, It looks even better.

McHaleyArt. Is this using the stock Medicom body? What other modification you did?

I haven't heard from anybody else about Medicom's Naked 2 body. So gonna give it a shot first. Hobby Link Japan is selling this for US$30 only compared to eBay's twice the price. So I hope this will work.

Back