Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1zmi6o9.jpg

Immense! Best I've seen it look.

I love this shot. The EMP gun was a pretty cool gadget, too bad it had such a brief on-screen existence and he only used it when he was with the Bat-Pod....

...which got me thinking a crazy (or not so crazy) thought:

The 1/6 scale Bat-Pod is about 2 feet long and almost 6 inches tall. Based on this, a 1/4 scale Bat-Pod would be about 3 feet long and almost 9 inches tall. Yep, STILL smaller than the 1/6 1989 Batmobile...in other words, totally doable. :yess:

C'mon Hot Toys. :wink1:

I love this shot. The EMP gun was a pretty cool gadget, too bad it had such a brief on-screen existence and he only used it when he was with the Bat-Pod....

...which got me thinking a crazy (or not so crazy) thought:

The 1/6 scale Bat-Pod is about 2 feet long and almost 6 inches tall. Based on this, a 1/4 scale Bat-Pod would be about 3 feet long and almost 9 inches tall. Yep, STILL smaller than the 1/6 1989 Batmobile...in other words, totally doable. :yess:

C'mon Hot Toys. :wink1:

Yep, I thought about that too and I would love to own a 1/4 Batpod, especially if it would cost us $450, max.

Hi everyone, newbie here looking for some input. :) For a long time I have been intriqued in getting a Hot Toys Batman, and now I have finally decided to "bite the bullet". But could you guys help me a little and answer a few questions as I know nothing of this hobby in advance.
First of all, are all of the Hot Toys -figures "limited editions"? As in do they only make a certain number of figures, or do they keep making them but just in batches?
I am having a hard time in finding places that have these in stock inside the EU. (literally none have, exluding ebay and amazon which mostly seem to sell imported figures from japan/china, which would also lead to paying import taxes etc).
Next one is that I am rather torn between DX02 and the 1/4th Batman. This would be my first figure so I am rather tempted to get the 1/4th Batman as most seem to think of it as "the best one" and I really like the looks/accessories etc. But a bit of me is just thinking about the future if I really get into it and want to expand my collection with other figures as well (which seem to mostly be 1/6). :)
The upcoming armory would be great as well but for my first figure I don't want to wait for that long, so I really want to find one now. Damn, if only they weren't so hard to come buy and I could just order one without a hassle. :|

Anyhow thanks for the info on advance, and I also appreciate if you can point me to the right direction where I can acquire one of these (preferably within the EU as I live in Finland). :)

Hi everyone, newbie here looking for some input. :) For a long time I have been intriqued in getting a Hot Toys Batman, and now I have finally decided to "bite the bullet". But could you guys help me a little and answer a few questions as I know nothing of this hobby in advance.
First of all, are all of the Hot Toys -figures "limited editions"? As in do they only make a certain number of figures, or do they keep making them but just in batches?
I am having a hard time in finding places that have these in stock inside the EU. (literally none have, exluding ebay and amazon which mostly seem to sell imported figures from japan/china, which would also lead to paying import taxes etc).
Next one is that I am rather torn between DX02 and the 1/4th Batman. This would be my first figure so I am rather tempted to get the 1/4th Batman as most seem to think of it as "the best one" and I really like the looks/accessories etc. But a bit of me is just thinking about the future if I really get into it and want to expand my collection with other figures as well (which seem to mostly be 1/6). :)
The upcoming armory would be great as well but for my first figure I don't want to wait for that long, so I really want to find one now. Damn, if only they weren't so hard to come buy and I could just order one without a hassle. :|

Anyhow thanks for the info on advance, and I also appreciate if you can point me to the right direction where I can acquire one of these (preferably within the EU as I live in Finland). :)

Welcome to the forum-
All HTs are "limited" They don't release the exact numbers for some reason, but they almost never remake the same figure(they did with the Tumbler). They can also release a "new" version, which may be the same character just slightly different and/or upgraded(such as the Joker 2.0 or some of the new Predator 2.0s)

Finding this guy in stock is going to be a hunt, he is sold out pretty much everywhere here in the US, but secondary prices are still low right now if you can find him, but don't expect them to stay there If HTs gets into 1/4 more.

I would say go for the 1/4, and if you want to get into 1/6 later on so be it, he won't drop in value and by the time the armory set comes out you can decide better. Having him in hand for a while will help you decide. Good luck with the hunt!

I wouldn't get the DX02 - it's not accurate and the rubber bodies splits apart over time. You want the DX12 instead.

DX12 and the QS01 are essentially the exact same figure just different in terms of size.

When the armoury comes out, I think most people are planning on upgrading their DX12 mouths / cowls.

In my opinion, if you're looking for a 1/6 scale, you're better off waiting for the armory version. You've already gone this long without a TDK/R figure, what's another few more months? If you just can't wait and want a dx02, you're gonna end up paying out the @$$ for a figure that's pretty much obsolete due to the release of the dx12. And once again, due to the upcoming release of the armory version, dx12 will be rendered obsolete as well. And that's because of the updated mouth plates. Yeah you'll be missing some of the accessories like the backpack from dx02 and the emp gun from TDKR, but in terms of just the figure itself, the armory version is the way to go.

HOWEVER, if you intend to get just one figure to represent batman and have no plans to expand your 1/6 scale collection, then the QS version is definitely the way to go. The size and detail is museum display worthy. I just love it.

So in the end, it's all up to you and what you value. If you want to have a small collection of sixth scale figures, get the armory version and get the missing accessories from eBay. If you want to have just one item to represent TDK, QS.

Thank you everyone for the input. I actually meant the dx12 (not the dx02) from the 1/6 lineup, my bad. Upcoming armory-version seems to be pretty much the same as the dx12 version? From which store do you usually preorder Hot Toys in the UK/Europe?

Anyhow, yes I am leaning very heavily atm for this 1/4 version. Might have to order it through ebay/amazon -import sellers then, which still seem to have a few figures left. Price is rather hefty from those but hopefully they sell the real deal so I don't end up with an expensive brick. :) (just need to do to the homework and pick a seller with a good reputation if I end up going that road).

Timcent on ebay is your man. He marks it as low value to avoid custom duty and often arrives within 5 days. That's how long mine took to the UK.

Why choose when you can just buy all of them? That's what I did. It's the responsible thing to do cuz c'mon and face it, it's probably what will end up happening anyways :).

Just to throw this out there, these doll stands are all the rage in the NECA 89 Batman thread.

https://www.collectingwarehouse.com/Product-Home-Page/Doll-Stands-by-Kaiser/Kaiser-Doll-Stand-3075

I had ordered one for my 89 Neca Batman but wanted to test to see if I could use it for the HT 1/4 Batman and sure enough it does. All you need to do is take the HT 1/4 crotch grabber piece and put it in the Kaiser doll stand. Fits snug and is hardly noticeable. I hated the standard display stand so this works perfectly for me.

I was able to do something to make the stand of the QS001 work without having to bend the knees/legs risking the rubber plating of the suit overtime. I placed the figure's left foot on the broken beam that goes unattached with the stand, then placed its right foot on top of the rocks sculpted on the stand. Figure's situated evenly on it at a neutral leg stance.

My legs are straight too, I just put his right foot to the very right of the base, the foot overhangs the front but it's sturdy. This is without using the crotch grabber though

I was able to do something to make the stand of the QS001 work without having to bend the knees/legs risking the rubber plating of the suit overtime. I placed the figure's left foot on the broken beam that goes unattached with the stand, then placed its right foot on top of the rocks sculpted on the stand. Figure's situated evenly on it at a neutral leg stance.

Interesting, I'll have to try that.

Cool. Do you have pics?

Back