Robertobagg10collection Thread 'NEW UPDATE' CUSTOM CHROMED IRON MAN SS COMIQUETTE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'NEW UPDATE' SSC IRON MAN MKVII LIFESIZE BUST PG 6

Sorry to hear that man after such a long wait, nothing worse than expectations being let down

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'NEW UPDATE' SSC IRON MAN MKVII LIFESIZE BUST PG 6

did i see an incredibly cool g1 megatron statue back there?...oh surely not, you wouldn't have the room after optimus...damn nice indeed!

Hey Roberto !

Amazing Mark VII bust you have here, except for the flaws. I agree with all the comments above. :(

But I know what you could do ! Send it to me and keep the new one Sideshow will send to you ! :p

Anyway you did an excellent job on the Arc reactor, it give me some ideas for my Kotobukiya Fine art crappy ones.

Good luck for the next one. :)

Wow great statue! He looks awesome! But for that kind of money I would not keep it. Get a replacement or a refund. Then buy a new one. Just too many flaws on it.

Great bust andy,don´t worry too much about the flaws,you are an artist

I can not believe the two different shades of red...really sideshow?

It's incredible isn't it Chris :( how after nearly 2 and a half years that they can get something so wrong :dunno

Fantastic looking IM MKVII Bust Andy!!! :clap

I am really digging all the mods you made and I'm not even a big IM fan. :lol

Very impressive piece.

Hey Mikey, thanks so much for the kind words my friend :) shame on you for not being an Iron Man fan! :lecture :lol ;)

Big congrats my friend Andy ;)

Thanks Adam :clap

Hmmmm SS can't seem to mass produce IM collectibles...shocking really. Its a shame as overall that should have been a grail bust..congrats anyway Andy

Very true Daryl :exactly: it's still a great bust but if really could've been so much better :(

RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'NEW UPDATE' SSC IRON MAN MKVII LIFESIZE BUST ...

Nice job on the arc mod but im sorry i wouldnt accept that bust. Keeping it sends a message to sideshow that thgiy crap qc is acceptable. If a recaster can supply it with better paint its time to hang their head in shame.

I hear you buddy :exactly: and I made that point over on the Marvel section last week. There's no way in hell that I'd just accept the bust in this condition. First thing I did was to notify Sideshow of the problem and in all fairness, they have decided to issue me with a full replacement which is a fair resolve to the situation considering the length of time that I have had to wait for this bust to arrive...its one more chance for them to get it right with this bust or i'll be calling it day and getting a full refund :)

Nice job on the custom reactor Andy, definitely helps the overall look of the piece. :hi5:

Gasdoc is right though, SS hasn't produced a single QC-free IM product in half a decade.

:goodpost: very true Eric and a very sad fact for all us Iron Man fans :( but still we live in hope :pray: thanks for the kind words brother :hi5:

Awesome work on the arc reactor mod. The bust itself looks beautiful but the two shades are definitely obvious. Similarly I'm not a fan of the base. Too rusty looking for my liking. So what will you do with this once they send a replacement? Destroy it? Or send it back?

Hey Nabil, thanks my friend :duff Yea, I forgot to mention my thoughts on the actual base. I wish they could have just copied the same finish as per all the other IM busts released in the line so far :dunno like you said, it is far too rustic for me also. As for the original bust I have with me, I would imagine that it is the usual Sideshow protocol of asking me to take a hammer to it and destroy it!!! :rock would be cool if I did a video of it using my lifesize Mjolnir!!! :lol :lol :rock2

Damn man wish you didn't have to MOD it but at least you made it pretty awesome. Just picked up the MKVI LSF Bust (first IM anything) and I'm excited but now I'm sorta wary. Hope your replacement is perfect bro. Those guys should give you a frequent buyer card lol

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

:lol great post Caesar :clap Congrats on the MKVI LSB bro :rock despite the Arc Reactor flaw (which can be an easy fix) its a great looking bust :exactly:

tugavahu.jpg

P.S. Just got your Facebook PM bro sorry for the delay in replying but its been manic this weekend :thud:

Really nice my friend!! Really nice!! :rock

Helluva review, Andy. Sideshow should be absolutely embarrassed that a product like this is delivered to their customers. They say a picture is worth a thousand words and looking at your pictures perfectly illustrates the quality of Sideshow's Iron Man products these days.

I hope your Mark VII LSF turns out a lot better than the bust.

Thanks for the kind words buddy :hi5: and a great post! :goodpost:

Great write-up, Andy! Cool and simple fix for the arc reactor, too!

Thanks Kris :) appreciate the feedback as ever my friend :)

Sorry to hear on getting a bad one, can't believe how SS messed up on the two tones of red :slap Hopefully your replacement is golden. Great arc reactor mod as it looks night and day.

Thanks Sean :) Should hear something from Sideshow tomorrow in regards to time of despatch of the new replacement and what I'm to do with my original one :) hope its Hammer-Time! :rock

This is very bad qc. Hope SS do something bout ot.

Thanks Yoga :)

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'NEW UPDATE' SSC IRON MAN MKVII LIFESIZE BUST ...

:lol great post Caesar :clap Congrats on the MKVI LSB bro :rock despite the Arc Reactor flaw (which can be an easy fix) its a great looking bust :exactly:

tugavahu.jpg

P.S. Just got your Facebook PM bro sorry for the delay in replying but its been manic this weekend :thud:

No worries man it wasn't urgent :) thanks for getting back. So there are problems with the arc reactor on the MKVI LSB i just picked up too? Jeez

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'NEW UPDATE' SSC IRON MAN MKVII LIFESIZE BUST ...

No worries man it wasn't urgent :) thanks for getting back. So there are problems with the arc reactor on the MKVI LSB i just picked up too? Jeez

Hey bro, I'm afraid so :( let me tell you all about it :lol

In all fairness there's not too much to worry about cos the silly flaw of Sideshow glueing the Arc Reactor upside down can be fixed quite easily...here's a snippet taken from my review of this bust on how to fix it :)

So at long last I got round to tackling the Arc Reactor issue on my Iron Man MKVI Legendary Scale Bust which Sideshow had totally bodged up by placing the Arc Reactor the wrong way round :slap that's right, all 3000 of these busts suffered the same fate and almost all those who had PO'd this bust or already received it had either cancelled or returned their ones back for a full refund, which is totally understandable. As an Iron Man fan, I just couldn't do it...I guess I'd been waiting for so long to receive this piece and so wanted to at least have a go at fixing the darn thing! Well, I did it! :yess: So guys, I present to you the Sideshow Iron Man MKVI Legendary Scale Bust with the Arc Reactor the right way round :lol :lol

a9u3usa8.jpg

yteqyves.jpg

seve9amy.jpg

pusubu8a.jpg

So basically bro, to remove the Arc Reactor, all you have to do is firmly - but carefully, twist at the Arc and it should literally pop off in your hands however, the time it usually takes is determined by how much glue the factories in China have used :) For example, I have two of these busts and both took different times to how quick I was able to remove the Arc Reactors so just stick with it and you'll be fine. Alternatively, you may choose to just leave the Arc as it is cos the chest plate is removable so you can just leave it on if it bothers you too much :)

The paint apps are pretty good although the battle damage is a little excessive in certain areas but I wasn't too bothered by mine...with that said, I liked the pose and overall look of the bust so much that I wanted to have two and repaint the other in a clean version just so that I can have the best of both worlds :)

y7u7y9ed.jpg

Here's the cleaner repaint :)

eqase8ep.jpg

gyhymube.jpg

vebareqe.jpg

Hope that helps bro so let me know how you get on :hi5:

Hey bro, I'm afraid so :( let me tell you all about it :lol

In all fairness there's not too much to worry about cos the silly flaw of Sideshow glueing the Arc Reactor upside down can be fixed quite easily...here's a snippet taken from my review of this bust on how to fix it :)

So at long last I got round to tackling the Arc Reactor issue on my Iron Man MKVI Legendary Scale Bust which Sideshow had totally bodged up by placing the Arc Reactor the wrong way round :slap that's right, all 3000 of these busts suffered the same fate and almost all those who had PO'd this bust or already received it had either cancelled or returned their ones back for a full refund, which is totally understandable. As an Iron Man fan, I just couldn't do it...I guess I'd been waiting for so long to receive this piece and so wanted to at least have a go at fixing the darn thing! Well, I did it! :yess: So guys, I present to you the Sideshow Iron Man MKVI Legendary Scale Bust with the Arc Reactor the right way round :lol :lol

a9u3usa8.jpg

yteqyves.jpg

seve9amy.jpg

pusubu8a.jpg

So basically bro, to remove the Arc Reactor, all you have to do is firmly - but carefully, twist at the Arc and it should literally pop off in your hands however, the time it usually takes is determined by how much glue the factories in China have used :) For example, I have two of these busts and both took different times to how quick I was able to remove the Arc Reactors so just stick with it and you'll be fine. Alternatively, you may choose to just leave the Arc as it is cos the chest plate is removable so you can just leave it on if it bothers you too much :)

The paint apps are pretty good although the battle damage is a little excessive in certain areas but I wasn't too bothered by mine...with that said, I liked the pose and overall look of the bust so much that I wanted to have two and repaint the other in a clean version just so that I can have the best of both worlds :)

y7u7y9ed.jpg

Here's the cleaner repaint :)

eqase8ep.jpg

gyhymube.jpg

vebareqe.jpg

Hope that helps bro so let me know how you get on :hi5:
Dude thank you. That looks boss and the fix seems easy as hell

Dude thank you. That looks boss and the fix seems easy as hell

No worries bro :hi5: and thanks for your kind words :) give us a shout if you need anymore help :1-1:

Defo

Thanks Sean :) Should hear something from Sideshow tomorrow in regards to time of despatch of the new replacement and what I'm to do with my original one :) hope its Hammer-Time! :rock

Haha, if it is Hammer-Time! I wanna see pics :hi5:

Haha, if it is Hammer-Time! I wanna see pics :hi5:

:lol :lol Hey Sean, did you see (Atheris) Chris' youtube video on facebook yesterday showing him smashing his Apocalypse PF head on with his car! :rock :lol Now that's one way of doing it! ;)

Defo

:hi5:

Really nice my friend!! Really nice!! :rock

Thanks so much Serg :) appreciate the great feedback my friend :hi5:

Can't believe it came with all those issues and after a long delay too. Hopefully the replacement is a good one :)
Great job on the arc mod :clap

I sure hope so Jay :pray: its a one chance only policy with this one...anymore screw ups and i'll get my money back and call it day :( should find out later today when the replacement will ship :) thanks for the great comments buddy :clap

Wow... He's freaking amazing. I love what you did with the arc reactor. I can't wait to get mine.
Congrats Andy!

Thanks so much Tam, appreciate that bro :) Any ideas when yours is arriving? :dunno I think yours will arrive fine so don't let the QC issues on mine worry you too much. Its actually a nice-ish bust once you take away all the faults with it. However, as per my review a few pages back...I still think its inferior to the MKIII and War Machine Busts :(

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'COMING SOON' NEW EBAY PURCHASE / ARGUABLY PF OF 2

Great job my friend Andy ;)

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'COMING SOON' NEW EBAY PURCHASE / ARGUABLY PF OF 2

Wow. Talk about making lemonade out of lemons. Very impressive Andy. What a debacle your dealing with. Glad to hear your getting a full replacement. Seems like SS is having issues on alot of their marvel line including busts now too. Hope you get a flawless replacement buddy. I know how badly you want this IM in your collection

Great job my friend Andy ;)

Thanks Adam :hi5: appreciate it buddy :)

Wow. Talk about making lemonade out of lemons. Very impressive Andy. What a debacle your dealing with. Glad to hear your getting a full replacement. Seems like SS is having issues on alot of their marvel line including busts now too. Hope you get a flawless replacement buddy. I know how badly you want this IM in your collection

Hey James, great to hear from you buddy :) yes, it's a crazy time with Sideshow and Iron Man Collectibles :exactly: seems as though there's always something going wrong with something :( but, in fairness, they have offered me a new replacement bust which will get sent out in the next few days...they'll also inspect it personally too who will save a lot of time as I'd hate for the same thing to happen again :slap it's one more chance for this bust otherwise I'll call it a day and get a full refund. Shame as like you mentioned, I'd really like to add it to the collection alongside my other IM life-size busts :)

Thanks again for your kind words my friend :) always a pleasure to hear from you bro :duff

Terrible to hear about the bust. Hopefully the replacement is how it should be. I can't wait to see the 1:2 Hall of Armor--that's going to be a fantastic display!

Thanks buddy :) Yea, Sideshow have made it clear that they'll inspect my replacement before dispatching it later this week so I'm sure it'll be fine :) as for the hall of armour display...boy I can't wait! My LSF actually ships tomorrow :yess:

Sorry to hear that man after such a long wait, nothing worse than expectations being let down

I know Frank :( but hopefully they'll be some good news on the horizon :)

What's this ebay PF coming soon?

Marvel or DC?

Back