Robertobagg10collection Thread 'NEW UPDATE' CUSTOM CHROMED IRON MAN SS COMIQUETTE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'NEW UPDATE' IRON STUDIOS AVENGERS HULK 1/6 DI...

Congrats Andy
Could you get both Hulks next to each other to compare size. Maquette vs 1/6.

Thanks marc :hi5: Unfortunately my Hulk Maquette is packed away with my MKII Lifesize bust displayed on it and that's including a 10 ton glass display case aswell :lol no way i'll be able to get Hulk out just for the sake of a picture ;) :lol best I could do was this pic but it by no means shows the scale comparison :( anyway, they are both awesome so you have to get them both! :yess: :lol

4y9umyha.jpg

Congrats buddy. Simply beautiful. Can you send me a pm on where I can get more info on this.

Hey Nabil, thanks buddy. yep, i'll sort you out the details in a sec bro. PM coming your way :hi5:

Man, I'm just in awe! That is such a beautiful piece! You're very lucky individual and you'll just be getting luckier when the rest of them arrive. Congrats, man!

Thanks so much Nanuke, glad you like him :duff Is there any chance of you owning any of these cool diorama pieces? Are collectibles easy to purchase from South Africa? :dunno

Ok I've now read the review which to be fair is very good. Great pics and great statue really glad it turned out well looks like they are on there way to recovering from the mk42 fiasco :)

Thanks Ant :hi5: yea, really good to see Iron Studios improve on some of their earlier flaws :)

Damn! That's nice.

Congrats Andy!

Thanks Tam...hope you can sort yours out soon bro :hi5:

Last edited:
Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'NEW UPDATE' IRON STUDIOS AVENGERS HULK 1/6 DIORAM

Looking great my fren. Looking forward to more of your new stuff.

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'NEW UPDATE' IRON STUDIOS AVENGERS HULK 1/6 DIORAM

Congrats for the hulk my friend Andy!

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'NEW UPDATE' IRON STUDIOS AVENGERS HULK 1/6 DI...

Thanks marc :hi5: Unfortunately my Hulk Maquette is packed away with my MKII Lifesize bust displayed on it and that's including a 10 ton glass display case aswell :lol no way i'll be able to get Hulk out just for the sake of a picture ;) :lol best I could do was this pic but it by no means shows the scale comparison :( anyway, they are both awesome so you have to get them both! :yess: :lol

4y9umyha.jpg

Hey Nabil, thanks buddy. yep, i'll sort you out the details in a sec bro. PM coming your way :hi5:

Thanks so much Nanuke, glad you like him :duff Is there any chance of you owning any of these cool diorama pieces? Are collectibles easy to purchase from South Africa? :

They're starting to come in a little more lately, but getting stuff that was released more than a year ago is almost impossible. Not much of a trade going on for second hand pieces and the shipping from outside of the country is crippling. Suppose that restriction just fuels the passion.:) where would one order that diorama from, anyway?

That Hulk is awesome, I can't believe the detail in the sculpt especially around the torn pants.

And the paint job is outstanding.

Thanks so much Dave :hi5: Yea, the attention to detail on this piece, despite being only 1/6 scale, is pretty cool!

Beautiful Andy. The hulk looks so awesome. :)

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Thanks Oscar :duff

Very cooool.
I have the VI , and ordered the others!!
Love 1/4 scale iron man stuff
Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Yea, all those maquettes line up next to each other will be totally rocking :rock especially those who already have the original Iron Man MKVI and War Machine maquettes :exactly:

cracking dio andy.agree about the top lip/lack of teeth look though, needed teeth for that snarling ''hulk smash'' look.but great piece.

Yea, thanks Chris :) its a shame about that lip issue...but trust me, once its infront of you, you don't really notice it...a silly flaw nonetheless :(

What a great review brother. Congrats!

Thank you Ricardo for making this purchase possible my friend :1-1:

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'NEW UPDATE' IRON STUDIOS AVENGERS HULK 1/6 DI...

They're starting to come in a little more lately, but getting stuff that was released more than a year ago is almost impossible. Not much of a trade going on for second hand pieces and the shipping from outside of the country is crippling. Suppose that restriction just fuels the passion.:) where would one order that diorama from, anyway?

Yea, that's a shame :( I've been collecting now for just over 2 years and I've only recently caught up with buying all the old school pieces that i missed out on all those years ago....so its something that you really have to be patient with. The shipping restrictions in your country also doesn't help the situation :(

As for the Iron Studios Diorama, this is a company in Brazil and so for me living in the UK, is also difficult to find these statues. However, our very own fellow freak RicardoFeitoza has kindly allocated a certain amount of each of these dio sets for us to purchase. If you would like to contact him you can search his name in my friends list and send him a PM :) i believe there are still spaces for the Iron Man and Captain America, Hulk however, im not too sure my friend :dunno

Much appreciated. Just got off the phone with a friend in the US. Gonna try and work something out. Fortunately, most of the new sideshow stuff I can get for a decent price, I suppose the challenge is to find the older pieces. But that is the fun and a big part of the appreciation of collecting. My wife is going to Brazil in September, I should send her with an extra suit case. :) I'm gonna look into it though, so thanks for the heads up. If I don't get any, at least I can always pop in to your thread.

Much appreciated. Just got off the phone with a friend in the US. Gonna try and work something out. Fortunately, most of the new sideshow stuff I can get for a decent price, I suppose the challenge is to find the older pieces. But that is the fun and a big part of the appreciation of collecting. My wife is going to Brazil in September, I should send her with an extra suit case. :) I'm gonna look into it though, so thanks for the heads up. If I don't get any, at least I can always pop in to your thread.

That's great news bro :hi5: well if you need any help then just let me know :1-1: Always good to help a fellow collector achieve their targets...there's lots of good help in this forum full stop :)

Hulk smash! Will you be collecting the whole avengers diorama ?

Hey Ben :wave Yea, getting the whole set buddy and I can't wait :yess: next up is the MKVII Iron Man :panic:

Looks excellent dude. I did think about jumping on this aswell but to much stuff coming lol.

this will look insane complete.

Congrats buddy

Thanks Matt...yea you should've got this one man...its so much better inhand and like you said, once the rest of the sets arrive it will make for one kick-ass diorama :rock

Bravo!!! Looks like Iron Studios did not dissapoint. What a sweet dio Andy. Looking great buddy!!! Are you going for all the pieces to the dio? Looking foward to seeing Thor. He seemed to be my favorite of the group. Congrats buddy

Hey James thanks for the kind words bro :hi5: Yea, getting the whole set with Iron Man scheduled for release next :) We should be getting some official pics of the completed Thor next week from Iron Studios so that'll be exciting :panic:

Hulk looks cool, my friend. Looking forward to the full dio.

Thanks Kris :)

Awesome hulk dio bud. Thanks for the update that thing is crazy cool.

Hey Luciano, great to hear from you buddy :wave thanks for stopping by :)

That's great news bro :hi5: well if you need any help then just let me know :1-1: Always good to help a fellow collector achieve their targets...there's lots of good help in this forum full stop :)

Thank you, brother.

Looks great Andy, I like how they piece individual pieces together to form a dio. Congrats on getting one without any breakage. :hi5: I like how you are critical of your statues, helps other collectors to know what is great and what they should look at prior to pulling the trigger if they were on the fence. The veins came out well and the details looks superb. :clap

Looks great Andy, I like how they piece individual pieces together to form a dio. Congrats on getting one without any breakage. :hi5: I like how you are critical of your statues, helps other collectors to know what is great and what they should look at prior to pulling the trigger if they were on the fence. The veins came out well and the details looks superb. :clap

Thanks for the great comments Sean :hi5: yea, I try to say it how it is...I know that it's very rare to find a perfect statue so best to point out the areas in which it could be I proved to make it perfect :)

Thank you, brother.

No worries my friend :duff

Looks amazing Andy congrats!

Thanks Steve :)

Congrats on the Avengers/Hulk diorama piece Andy! It looks really well done. Personally, I am not a fan of dios too much and where this is 1/6 scale, it wouldn't fit in with my collection of 1/4 scale PFs. Are you going to get the other pieces too? You are a statue buying machine. :lol Congrats! :clap

Congrats on the Avengers/Hulk diorama piece Andy! It looks really well done. Personally, I am not a fan of dios too much and where this is 1/6 scale, it wouldn't fit in with my collection of 1/4 scale PFs. Are you going to get the other pieces too? You are a statue buying machine. :lol Congrats! :clap

Hey Mike, great to hear from you buddy :) thanks for the kind words my friend...yea, was also a little hesitant at first due to the small scale but I just couldn't pass up on an epic dioramic scene from one of my favourite marvel movies :rock so yea, I'll be getting the other 3 sets in this dio which will see Iron Man shipping next :)

Nothing beats the feeling of getting a new statue and yesterday I was lucky enough to receive both the 1/6 Avengers Hulk Diorama by Iron Studios and the Punisher Premium Format by Sideshow Collectibles. Infact, I've yet to open the Punisher box as I was totally engrossed on what turned out to be an incredible Hulk statue (no pun intended) :lol by Iron Studios. So, as most of you are aware, this Hulk Dio piece belongs to a larger diorama which will include other characters from the Avengers movie (Iron Man, Captain America and Thor) to recreate that infamous end of movie battle scene in New York against Loki and his army of Chitauris. The Hulk is the first of the set to be released by Iron Studios and here are my thoughts on the piece :)

Okay, well first thing is first, the box is massive! It really surprised me as when I returned from work last night, I had these two boxes staring at me and as you do, I tried to work out which was which so Hulk being 1/6 scale I assumed it was the larger of the two boxes..WRONG!!! For those who own the Batman PF will know how big that shipper is, well this 1/6 Hulk box is slightly smaller than that! :horror and the Punisher PF is tiny in comparison! :lol but I don't mind as it takes less space in my world of shipping cartons hahahahaha!!

So after removing Hulk from the box I was pleasantly relieved to see no breakages, notably at the leg joint as we've seen already in a few YouTube videos. I removed the base first, the dead chitauri comes permenantly attached to the base and the second chitauri obviously attaches to Hulk's left hand. The base has been painted brilliantly! Details in the terrain, parts of broken rubble, indentations/cracks in the rocks and the sewer lid all looked fantastic and so I started to feel more confident in regards to how Hulk would look. There was also a small bag inside the packaging which included the two small arrows. These fit snugly on the dead chitauri on the base to show that he's taken a few hits from Hawkeye who is probably lurking in one of the building rooftops (unfortunately not included in this Dio set) :(

Now to the man himself...Hulk :rock Now i've got the Sideshow Hulk Maquette in my collection so I know how big he is but to see him in 1/6 scale, I must admit, I wasn't at all disappointed with the size. He is still HUGE!!! So did Iron Studios finally nail the paint apps after their disastrous Iron Man MK42 attempt? The answer is simply...YES! :yess: Now this is my opinion guys so don't all jump on top of me but...I'd say the paint apps on this Hulk are slightly better than the Sideshow Maquette :chase what I like about this paint app is that it includes a lot of weathering, notably the chest area, which was lacking on the 1/4 maquette. This gives it a realistic look to the character that shows he's been in a battle and not just got his hands and feet dirty :lol the part where I was like WOW! :thud: was when I looked at the details of the veins! Holy Cow! It is phenemonal! Intricate details such as the veins are a good indication that a lot of time went in to this piece unlike their MK42 attempt which was let down terribly by sloppy paints :(

e5e4uqun.jpg

haza6uvu.jpg

a2e9y8y5.jpg

saqa9ura.jpg

The pose is truly Hulk! The pose is truly Avengers Hulk! Yep, for me, the pose totally makes this piece work...with one chitauri squashed into the tarmac of the base and another securely locked into Hulks tight fisted grip and about to be smashed, you can totally understand what this diorama relates to and for that reason alone makes this a must have for any Hulk or Avengers fan for their collection :rock

yqe5a3u9.jpg

zy8u2upe.jpg

ba6emune.jpg

He fits perfectly onto the base by the use of a peg in his right leg...once that slots in he's good to go. His left hand also has a peg attached to it and this is where the second chitauri is fitted to recreate the look of Hulk ready to launch it into the tarmac infront of him :) Again, another feature which I was so happy to see, being a massive mixed media fan, was the inclusion of the exact grey pants Hulk wore in the movie :rock what a great touch by Iron Studios as once again, it gives the character a sense of realism - which is what attracted me to mixed media statues in the first place.

enyzu3yt.jpg

gyderaqe.jpg

Of course, its easy to say amazing things about a new collectible as your somewhat caught in the moment of excitement...you've got a new piece, everything looks great and nothing is damaged, etc...BUT...very rarely does a piece come away with being 100% perfect :( yes, some of you have already picked up on it from the earlier inhand pics and that is Hulk's likeness. Now whilst I will agree that the likeness is not as good as the Hulk Maquette (Eric, don't shoot me buddy!) :lol the likeness isn't totally off. I'd say that looking at this statue from face on is probably its weakest point as a statue, however, I have no intention of displaying this guy from face on and his likeness from various other angles look pretty much spot on in my opinion. With that said, I'm, still a little miffed as to why Iron Studios chose to over sculpt Hulk's top lip as this takes away part of the fierceness of his expression if you ask me. The pertruding top lip totally covers over what would be his top teeth and thus creating the 'Hulk without his false teeth in' look :lol :lol his lips do have that glossy look that we saw on the Sideshow maquette which again is a nice touch of realism and you can see the bottom teeth too, but nowehere as good as the maquette version. So this would be my only grip with the statue, again this is a small issue for me as i'll be displaying mine from side on and regardless of the pics, you really need to see this badboy inhand to get that sense of detail, size and presence that this piece has.

7ynaty4a.jpg

a8ytyqur.jpg

e9eqamub.jpg

So there you go guys, to some it up, Iron Studios have redeemed my faith in them as an up and coming company in our world of collectibles...yes, there's still room for improvement but my decision to allow them another chance to prove themselves to me rather than passing on this Avengers Diorama seems to have paid off :yess: Next piece of the diorama and arguably the toughest to get right in terms of paint apps is....Iron Man MKVII :rock :rock :pray:

Next up will be an update on the Punisher Premium Format including Spazzy's custom hands/weapons :) thanks for looking :wave

Great update Andy! That hulk looks truly awesome and the detail like you said really adds to the realism. These great updates keep on coming :clap :clap

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'COMING SOON' PUNISHER PF WITH SPAZZY CUSTOM WEAPO

Great very great my friend Andy ;)

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'COMING SOON' PUNISHER PF WITH SPAZZY CUSTOM WEAPO

Wow! That thing looks huge! Love the 2 guys hulk is smashing up. So cool seeing the pose. Excellent job as always my friend. I see some megaton pics. Hehe..

Thanks CBG :hi5: have to say that I was really taken aback by the size despite it being 1/6 scale...

And yes, should have some pics of my Megatron coming very soon my friend :rock

That Hulk looks better than I expected. Now to see if Iron Man and Caps turn out as well.

Thanks my friend :) yep, looking forward to the rest of the sets :yess:

Wow, looks sweet dude!

How big is this it's tough to judge scale. Paint seems ok on Hulk, the cracks on the base seem kinda rushed. Looks cool though, I totally forgot about this piece. Where can you order?

Sweet addition to your impressive collection, can never have to much Hulk ;)

Chris

Hey Chris, thanks buddy :hi5: this is 1/6 scale and here's a quick scale comparison pic for you :)

de9ubesu.jpg

I enjoyed your review and a lot of pics.

Hulk and base is nice looking.
It might be surely more wonderful when it was 1/4 size.
But it will be to become the great force when all dioramas gathered.

Thank you :lol

Thanks so much George :duff glad you liked my review as I know your looking forward to your piece soon :hi5:

Hell Yes! I'm loving that Hulk!! :rock :rock

:lol :lol glad you like it Jay :hi5: thanks buddy :)

Back