Robertobagg10collection Thread 'NEW UPDATE' CUSTOM CHROMED IRON MAN SS COMIQUETTE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'NEW UPDATE' CUSTOM G1 TRANSFORMERS 'ROLLER' WIP P

Thanks Sean, appreciate that buddy :hi5: Yea, the sleeve was something I'd been thinking about for a while and wanted something more colourful as my other full sleeve is based on the George Clooney 'From Dusk Till Dawn' tribal tattoo ;) Would you ever consider getting inked mate? If so, what would you really like to get done and why? :)

Two sleeves! Hell yeah, thats a lot of ink. :clap Idk, that is a good question. If I ever did, it would be my last name or Okinawan last name. Something that I wouldn't have to worry about changing. I'm pale as hell so I guess the contrast would be epic :lol

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'NEW UPDATE' CUSTOM G1 TRANSFORMERS 'ROLLER' WIP P

Post some pics of your sleeve, ive both sleeves and 'socks' lol.

Two sleeves! Hell yeah, thats a lot of ink. :clap Idk, that is a good question. If I ever did, it would be my last name or Okinawan last name. Something that I wouldn't have to worry about changing. I'm pale as hell so I guess the contrast would be epic :lol

You could say getting inked is just as addictive as collecting statues :lol :lol the first time I got a tattoo was soon after I came out of a 12 year relationship with my childhood sweetheart back in 2007 :( I decided to cheer myself up by getting a small tattoo and then ended up coming back with a George Clooney 'From Dusk Till Dawn' full sleeve :slap then I met my wonderful wife in 2008 and after she gave birth to my two beautiful kids Mia and Rocco i got all their names inked aswell :lol then as you know in 2013 I started my Marvel sleeve :) so I pretty much love going under the needle so to speak ;) whatever next??

Your surname is a cool idea...I guess most people's reasonings for getting tattoos would be having their favourite sporting teams emblem inked, a pet, favourite character from a movie or cartoon or maybe a loved one from the past? The whole Tattoo scene has certainly become a thing of normality these days as opposed to back in the day :)

Post some pics of your sleeve, ive both sleeves and 'socks' lol.

:lol I'll show you mine if you show me yours buddy :exactly: WOW, I'd love to see your tats...is it Marvel aswell? And are you addicted? :lol:lol

Ive been heavily tattoed for 20 years, old school skinhead/scooterboy in my youth.
Mine consist of Frazetta images, lambrettas, football club etc etc nothing compared to todays tattoos. Im thinking of a back piece as thats free (had laser removal on it 16 odd years ago) Was going to go with a Giger piece but it hurts like hell on the lower back and sides.

The roller looks good Robert, really nice piece to go with it.

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'COMING SOON' WHEN ANDY MET STAN 'THE MAN' LEE

Ive been heavily tattoed for 20 years, old school skinhead/scooterboy in my youth.
Mine consist of Frazetta images, lambrettas, football club etc etc nothing compared to todays tattoos. Im thinking of a back piece as thats free (had laser removal on it 16 odd years ago) Was going to go with a Giger piece but it hurts like hell on the lower back and sides.

That's awesome :hi5: yea, can definately agree in regards to certain areas of the body hurting more than others when getting inked, notably around the boney parts such as the elbow or the inside of your pec and armpit area...OUCH! :gah: :lol already thinking about what to get next? :horror

The roller looks good Robert, really nice piece to go with it.

Thanks so much for the kind words my friend...glad you like it :)

Love your Roller, Andy!

And congrats on meeting The Man! I envy you -- I always miss out on him each time I visit a show!

Thanks so much for kind comments Michael :hi5: yea, meeting Stan was such a fantastic experience for me. I heard about his last visit to Europe pretty much late on and so tickets to meet him were pretty scarce :( so I had a stroke of luck when I found myself last in the queue to meet him and to get him to sign my Marvel sleeve tattoo :)

Wow! Awesome statue and the roller too? That's insanely awesome! I don't think any company will ever make a prime g1 with the roller as well. Keep us posted on more pics my friend. G1 TF is our generations goodness!

Hey CBG, thanks buddy :duff there are a few companies that have made G1 statues/busts/figures such as Hard Hero and the Takara Masterpieces...they are cool but these huge custom ones just take it to a whole new level imo...personally, I'd like to see Prime1 tackle such a project :exactly: after the success of their movie Megatron aswell as their upcoming Prime, Starscream and Bumblebee...their eye to detail would be just what the G1 audience are craving :horror

e3ety7ym.jpg

Hey Andy, that Hulk looks da bomb man! What scale is this?

As promised, here are some early WIP pics for my G1 Optimus Prime Roller which I'm having made to display alongside my custom half scale Optimus Prime statue. As you all know, I'm a massive 80's cartoon fan and Transformers was one of those cartoons that meant so much to me growing up as a kid.

So who or what is Roller? Any ideas CBG? :lol Well, although not the most popular of characters from the Transformers cartoon. He was basically a small car shaped device that Prime used to slip in behind enemy lines and having Roller present somewhere was as good as Prime being there himself so he was a pretty important...so a bit like what Laserbeak or Ravage was to Soundwave in that respect :) Roller did serve a purpose in some of the episodes and I felt that it would look great having him along side Prime on the base ;)

Here are some art concepts to what Roller looked although some of you old collectors like me will remember him better from coming out of Optimus Primes trailer as part of Hasbro's Toy Transformers collection

9a2etura.jpg

9edehyve.jpg

8evu4u5e.jpg

So here are the WIP pics which look really cool! The sculpting of Roller has been done by the same guys who built the Optimus Prime statue, Infinity Creative Design and in my opinion have really nailed the design of Roller :) It will also feature rotating wheels aswell as 6 LED's in the front panel! So just to keep you up to date, I have the Roller inhand but am getting it colour-coded so that he matches up with the blue that was used for my Optimus Prime repaint, that way it'll match up perfectly!

y8yjuma3.jpg

As soon as I have him complete i'll be taking some pics with him alongside Prime on the base ;) Thanks for looking guys :wave

So this pic shows the a Roller taking shape in the initial design stages
te8e2e8e.jpg

And then SHAZAM!!! I present to you Roller!!
symamymu.jpg

asy3utas.jpg

upa7a8yj.jpg

ubuta2yp.jpg

syzupusu.jpg

P.S. My custom Megatron statue restoration is almost complete :pray: haven't had much time to repaint over the paint chips that had occurred throughout transit but there are just a few more tiny details that I want to add before I can take some pics for you guys but he looks awesome so far!

My next update to come though will hopefully be my Punisher PF by Sideshow Collectibles - I don't usually order locally but on this occasion I wasn't too bothered about the Exclusive so thought I'd save a few pennies...im not the biggest fan of ordering locally as its probably been about 4 months since Sideshow had officially released the statue so its been a long time coming - not to mention that I've had Spazzy's custom hands/weapons with me for the best part of a month so it will be great to finally pose them on the actual statue :yess:

Even more importantly, i'll be updating my thread with something extra special! Never mind when Harry met Sally! This time it'll be when Stan Lee met Andy :yess::yess: :lol yep, I met the great man himself last weekend and it was a fantastic experience! he was at the London Film and Comic Con and was making his final guest appearance in Europe so it was an opportunity I couldn't miss out on. Ironically, I didn't get a statue or base signed, instead I wanted him to comment on my Marvel full sleeve tattoo and of course to certify his approval by signing it, which he gratefully did :rock So stay tuned :wave

Don't know too much abt roller but I can certainly appreciate the effort gone in to making it look like the cartoon version, it looks out of this world! You simply have something for everything in your collection and it's why I love to come back and see what delights you have for us next :hi5:

By the way, can wait to hear abt your meet up with Stan Lee Andy, I'm so jealous right now :(

RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'COMING SOON' WHEN ANDY MET STAN 'THE MAN' LEE

I have the same problem. Andy why are you doing this to us lol

:lol :lol great post Nabil :hi5: thanks brother!

Hey Andy, that Hulk looks da bomb man! What scale is this?

Thanks for the comments my friend :) the Hulk statue is 1/6 scale and will be arriving tomorrow :yess: I can't wait...it's part of a 4 piece diorama set which is based on the movie The Avengers and the infamous battle scene of New York. The other sets include Iron Man, Captain America and Thor. Here are some pics for you :)

uqybasa8.jpg

6enytupe.jpg

du9edete.jpg

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'COMING SOON' WHEN ANDY MET STAN 'THE MAN' LEE

Wow...., the hulk look awesome. Can't wait to add these to my collection.

Say hello to Stan for me :duff

:lol too late Samuel :( I already met him last Saturday...maybe next time :yess:

I need to see these tatties, bro.

:lol :lol you did mean tatties and not titties right man? :dunno ;)

Ah, I see now...Thor is about to bash Cap on the head!

How do you like the Punisher PF, my friend?

:lol well the good thing about this Dio set Kris is that you can move pieces around to suit your personal preference so for example by looking at those reference pics of the whole diorama in my above post, you could have Thor next to Cap as if he's about to hammer that Chitauri down once Cap has given him a taste of his shield? or alternatively, you can place Thor around the other side next to Iron Man so that again, he's ready to hammer another Chitauri just after he's taken a dose of one of Iron Man palm repulsors in the chest :rock :rock looking forward to receiving Hulk today so i'll get some snap shots up for you guys once I get it opened :hi5:

As for Punisher, well finally he's arriving tomorrow!!!! :yess: :yess: ALLELUJAH!!!! :lol After about 5 months since Sideshow released it, my local retailer has finally received stock and will ship today for delivery tomorrow :thud: I've never known it taking this long when ordering locally but I hate the wait and wish I'd have ordered from Sideshow now...only reason I didn't was because I actually wasn't too keen on him due to the lack of the weapon choice given by Sideshow and the knife Exclusive was a bit lame to be honest. However, once the inhand pics came in and more importantly, after I heard that Spazzy was going to be working his magic with some extra weapons, I decided to cave in and order :) I cant wait to get those alternate weapons posed on the statue :rock I've literally be staring at the Spazzy custom hands for over a month now with no statue to attach them to :gah: :lol

Wow...., the hulk look awesome. Can't wait to add these to my collection.

Thanks so much Tam :hi5: are you getting these too brother? Hulk will be arriving today so let me know if there are certain pics you require me to take my friend ;)

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'COMING SOON' IRON STUDIOS AVENGERS HULK 1/6 DIORA

Whoa. Roller ftw! What a cool idea Andy. Looks pretty bad ass. Anxious to see the dio by IS. They seem to have really picked up the quality since their orig I'M huh? That's refreshing. Could be yet another great company to buy statues from

You could say getting inked is just as addictive as collecting statues :lol :lol the first time I got a tattoo was soon after I came out of a 12 year relationship with my childhood sweetheart back in 2007 :( I decided to cheer myself up by getting a small tattoo and then ended up coming back with a George Clooney 'From Dusk Till Dawn' full sleeve :slap then I met my wonderful wife in 2008 and after she gave birth to my two beautiful kids Mia and Rocco i got all their names inked aswell :lol then as you know in 2013 I started my Marvel sleeve :) so I pretty much love going under the needle so to speak ;) whatever next??

Your surname is a cool idea...I guess most people's reasonings for getting tattoos would be having their favourite sporting teams emblem inked, a pet, favourite character from a movie or cartoon or maybe a loved one from the past? The whole Tattoo scene has certainly become a thing of normality these days as opposed to back in the day :)

Awesome man, that story had a good ending. :clap I can imagine how addictive tats are, get one and your already thinking of your next. Or a sleeve in your case :lol See, you getting ink of your family's names is what I would consider a great idea/reason. I can definitely see a good tattoo artist getting a ton of word of mouth.

You're right, it seems getting tatted up is pretty common nowadays. Not only are people getting them more, but are more open to them. Even in the workplace, sleeves can easily be covered up. Face tats, not so much :rotfl

Whoa. Roller ftw! What a cool idea Andy. Looks pretty bad ass. Anxious to see the dio by IS. They seem to have really picked up the quality since their orig I'M huh? That's refreshing. Could be yet another great company to buy statues from

Thanks so much James :hi5: should have some new pics of Roller very soon buddy (had him sent off to get colour coded to match my Optimus Prime) :)

Yea, was supposed to get the IS Hulk today but got screwed over by the courier company who had promised to deliver today...turns out they got the days wrong and so it will be arriving tomorrow now along with my Punisher PF :yess: As for IS, I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised by these dio pieces. Their other release which was the 1/4 Iron Man MK42 was totally flawed in terms of the colours so fingers crossed it turns out better :)

Awesome man, that story had a good ending. :clap I can imagine how addictive tats are, get one and your already thinking of your next. Or a sleeve in your case :lol See, you getting ink of your family's names is what I would consider a great idea/reason. I can definitely see a good tattoo artist getting a ton of word of mouth.

You're right, it seems getting tatted up is pretty common nowadays. Not only are people getting them more, but are more open to them. Even in the workplace, sleeves can easily be covered up. Face tats, not so much :rotfl

Thanks Sean :hi5: yea, face tats are a definate no-no :horror :lol :lol

Back