Robertobagg10collection Thread 'NEW UPDATE' CUSTOM CHROMED IRON MAN SS COMIQUETTE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'NEW UPDATE' CUSTOM G1 TRANSFORMERS 'ROLLER' WIP P

As for IS, I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised by these dio pieces. Their other release which was the 1/4 Iron Man MK42 was totally flawed in terms of the colours so fingers crossed it turns out better :)
Damn I hope you the best my friend! It looks like an awesome piece, a SUPERB service from our friend Ricardo... now let's all pray it arrives to you safely!!!

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'NEW UPDATE' CUSTOM G1 TRANSFORMERS 'ROLLER' WIP P

Damn I hope you the best my friend! It looks like an awesome piece, a SUPERB service from our friend Ricardo... now let's all pray it arrives to you safely!!!

Me too Marc...was supposed to get Hulk yesterday but due to a screw up from the courier company, they got the days wrong so now I'll be getting Hulk today instead along with my Punisher PF :yess: I hope... :pray:

RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'COMING SOON' IRON STUDIOS AVENGERS HULK 1/6 D...

That Avengers dio is brilliant!!!

Thanks Fergie :) yea, its pretty awesome and looks even better in colour :love now just waiting for the Hulk to be delivered...:impatient:

7uvuzaqy.jpg

nygahy2a.jpg

2y4y5era.jpg

agugy8uq.jpg

Last edited:
Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'COMING SOON' IRON STUDIOS AVENGERS HULK 1/6 D...

cant wait to see ur megatron dude. I wasn't a big fan of weathered look infinity had on it, initial pics of the project looked better imo. I'm glad ur happy with it, my only fault was the head sculpt in my opinion, a little bit off g1. especially after how good they did opt. my opt is coming next month, cant wait!!! :)

I was hoping the headsculpt would be more like this figure.

megs2.jpg

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'COMING SOON' IRON STUDIOS AVENGERS HULK 1/6 DIORA

This Iron Studios diorama's gonna be legen... wait for it... dary ! Totaly AWESOME !

If I become rich until these beauties comes out they'll be mine too !

Can't wait for more pics from you Roberto.

Many congrats. :)

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'COMING SOON' IRON STUDIOS AVENGERS HULK 1/6 DIORA

Wow! Are those from Iron Studios too? What size/scale is that? Man, I gotta get me one of those!

Wow! Are those from Iron Studios too? What size/scale is that? Man, I gotta get me one of those!

These are the Sideshow 1/4 Maquettes my friend. You have from left to right...

Left - MKVI Exclusive from Iron Man 2 (been out for a very long time)

Middle - MKXLII from Iron Man 3 (on pre order now)

Right - Iron Patriot from Iron Man 3 (on pre order now)

The MK42 is a nice looking piece...alas, I disliked IM3, so I refuse to buy it.

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'COMING SOON' WHEN ANDY MET STAN 'THE MAN' LEE

Yes, I'll be getting the complete set of the avengers diorama. I'm a huge fan of the avengers. . I should be moving into my new house this week if not next week. Can't wait to display my collection.

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'COMING SOON' WHEN ANDY MET STAN 'THE MAN' LEE

The MK42 is a nice looking piece...alas, I disliked IM3, so I refuse to buy it.

:lol I have to say, IM3 wasn't my favourite movie either but you know me when it comes to Iron Man right :exactly: :lol Iron Man statues to me is like Pokemon....gotta' catch me all!! :lol :lol

Yes, I'll be getting the complete set of the avengers diorama. I'm a huge fan of the avengers. . I should be moving into my new house this week if not next week. Can't wait to display my collection.

That's awesome news Tam :clap I recieved Hulk yesterday and let me tell you...he looks SICK!! :love pics coming up shortly brother :)

Cool.... Can't wait to see it.

:lol I have to say, IM3 wasn't my favourite movie either but you know me when it comes to Iron Man right :exactly: :lol Iron Man statues to me is like Pokemon....gotta' catch me all!! :lol :lol

That's awesome news Tam :clap I recieved Hulk yesterday and let me tell you...he looks SICK!! :love pics coming up shortly brother :)

cant wait to see ur megatron dude. I wasn't a big fan of weathered look infinity had on it, initial pics of the project looked better imo. I'm glad ur happy with it, my only fault was the head sculpt in my opinion, a little bit off g1. especially after how good they did opt. my opt is coming next month, cant wait!!! :)

I was hoping the headsculpt would be more like this figure.

View attachment 121979

Hey Henry, good to hear from ya' buddy :wave yea, Megatron is really close now and I cant wait to get some pics up...definitely my favourite out of him and Prime purely for the fact that he's outrageously massive! I'd say hitting nearly 50 inches in height :horror I actually like the portrait of Megatron...I don't see it as far off from the G1 version at all and when you compare it side by side to the animated version then there isn't much difference imo :) The light up features are really cool too ;)

tyjejuja.jpg

Have you ordered the Prime from Infinity Designs Henry?

This Iron Studios diorama's gonna be legen... wait for it... dary ! Totaly AWESOME !

If I become rich until these beauties comes out they'll be mine too !

Can't wait for more pics from you Roberto.

Many congrats. :)

my friend, I received the Hulk yesterday and all I can say is WOW!!! I thought that buying back into 1/6 scale would be a risk for me as I like my big statues :lol but the level of detail, the pose and more importantly the paint apps are seriously good! This one certainly has my seal of approval! :)

Yeah, I've ordered it end of last year, keep on having small financial hurdles so have only just paid it off. The guys are pretty cool tho. Gonna be well worth the wait. I've had friends constantly harassing me when about when I'm getting it in. Lol. Would love to see them do a devastator! How long till u have ur megatron ready??

Yeah, I've ordered it end of last year, keep on having small financial hurdles so have only just paid it off. The guys are pretty cool tho. Gonna be well worth the wait. I've had friends constantly harassing me when about when I'm getting it in. Lol. Would love to see them do a devastator! How long till u have ur megatron ready??

Excellent news on your Optimus buddy :duff your gonna love it! Next you'll need to add Roller to the display too :lecture :exactly: I think next up for Infinity Designs, in regards to the G1 customs, is Grimlock :) Devastator would be just ridiculous :horror you'd need a crane to get that thing in your house! :lol Megatron should hopefully be completed this weekend buddy so I'll have some pics up soon :) For now i'll show you an inclusive teaser of my WIP repainted base with battle damaged Ironhide ;)

ygy5e5y5.jpg

RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'NEW UPDATE' IRON STUDIOS AVENGERS HULK 1/6 DI...

Nothing beats the feeling of getting a new statue and yesterday I was lucky enough to receive both the 1/6 Avengers Hulk Diorama by Iron Studios and the Punisher Premium Format by Sideshow Collectibles. Infact, I've yet to open the Punisher box as I was totally engrossed on what turned out to be an incredible Hulk statue (no pun intended) :lol by Iron Studios. So, as most of you are aware, this Hulk Dio piece belongs to a larger diorama which will include other characters from the Avengers movie (Iron Man, Captain America and Thor) to recreate that infamous end of movie battle scene in New York against Loki and his army of Chitauris. The Hulk is the first of the set to be released by Iron Studios and here are my thoughts on the piece :)

Okay, well first thing is first, the box is massive! It really surprised me as when I returned from work last night, I had these two boxes staring at me and as you do, I tried to work out which was which so Hulk being 1/6 scale I assumed it was the larger of the two boxes..WRONG!!! For those who own the Batman PF will know how big that shipper is, well this 1/6 Hulk box is slightly smaller than that! :horror and the Punisher PF is tiny in comparison! :lol but I don't mind as it takes less space in my world of shipping cartons hahahahaha!!

So after removing Hulk from the box I was pleasantly relieved to see no breakages, notably at the leg joint as we've seen already in a few YouTube videos. I removed the base first, the dead chitauri comes permenantly attached to the base and the second chitauri obviously attaches to Hulk's left hand. The base has been painted brilliantly! Details in the terrain, parts of broken rubble, indentations/cracks in the rocks and the sewer lid all looked fantastic and so I started to feel more confident in regards to how Hulk would look. There was also a small bag inside the packaging which included the two small arrows. These fit snugly on the dead chitauri on the base to show that he's taken a few hits from Hawkeye who is probably lurking in one of the building rooftops (unfortunately not included in this Dio set) :(

Now to the man himself...Hulk :rock Now i've got the Sideshow Hulk Maquette in my collection so I know how big he is but to see him in 1/6 scale, I must admit, I wasn't at all disappointed with the size. He is still HUGE!!! So did Iron Studios finally nail the paint apps after their disastrous Iron Man MK42 attempt? The answer is simply...YES! :yess: Now this is my opinion guys so don't all jump on top of me but...I'd say the paint apps on this Hulk are slightly better than the Sideshow Maquette :chase what I like about this paint app is that it includes a lot of weathering, notably the chest area, which was lacking on the 1/4 maquette. This gives it a realistic look to the character that shows he's been in a battle and not just got his hands and feet dirty :lol the part where I was like WOW! :thud: was when I looked at the details of the veins! Holy Cow! It is phenemonal! Intricate details such as the veins are a good indication that a lot of time went in to this piece unlike their MK42 attempt which was let down terribly by sloppy paints :(

e5e4uqun.jpg

haza6uvu.jpg

a2e9y8y5.jpg

saqa9ura.jpg

The pose is truly Hulk! The pose is truly Avengers Hulk! Yep, for me, the pose totally makes this piece work...with one chitauri squashed into the tarmac of the base and another securely locked into Hulks tight fisted grip and about to be smashed, you can totally understand what this diorama relates to and for that reason alone makes this a must have for any Hulk or Avengers fan for their collection :rock

yqe5a3u9.jpg

zy8u2upe.jpg

ba6emune.jpg

He fits perfectly onto the base by the use of a peg in his right leg...once that slots in he's good to go. His left hand also has a peg attached to it and this is where the second chitauri is fitted to recreate the look of Hulk ready to launch it into the tarmac infront of him :) Again, another feature which I was so happy to see, being a massive mixed media fan, was the inclusion of the exact grey pants Hulk wore in the movie :rock what a great touch by Iron Studios as once again, it gives the character a sense of realism - which is what attracted me to mixed media statues in the first place.

enyzu3yt.jpg

gyderaqe.jpg

Of course, its easy to say amazing things about a new collectible as your somewhat caught in the moment of excitement...you've got a new piece, everything looks great and nothing is damaged, etc...BUT...very rarely does a piece come away with being 100% perfect :( yes, some of you have already picked up on it from the earlier inhand pics and that is Hulk's likeness. Now whilst I will agree that the likeness is not as good as the Hulk Maquette (Eric, don't shoot me buddy!) :lol the likeness isn't totally off. I'd say that looking at this statue from face on is probably its weakest point as a statue, however, I have no intention of displaying this guy from face on and his likeness from various other angles look pretty much spot on in my opinion. With that said, I'm, still a little miffed as to why Iron Studios chose to over sculpt Hulk's top lip as this takes away part of the fierceness of his expression if you ask me. The pertruding top lip totally covers over what would be his top teeth and thus creating the 'Hulk without his false teeth in' look :lol :lol his lips do have that glossy look that we saw on the Sideshow maquette which again is a nice touch of realism and you can see the bottom teeth too, but nowehere as good as the maquette version. So this would be my only grip with the statue, again this is a small issue for me as i'll be displaying mine from side on and regardless of the pics, you really need to see this badboy inhand to get that sense of detail, size and presence that this piece has.

7ynaty4a.jpg

a8ytyqur.jpg

e9eqamub.jpg

So there you go guys, to some it up, Iron Studios have redeemed my faith in them as an up and coming company in our world of collectibles...yes, there's still room for improvement but my decision to allow them another chance to prove themselves to me rather than passing on this Avengers Diorama seems to have paid off :yess: Next piece of the diorama and arguably the toughest to get right in terms of paint apps is....Iron Man MKVII :rock :rock :pray:

Next up will be an update on the Punisher Premium Format including Spazzy's custom hands/weapons :) thanks for looking :wave

Last edited:
Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'NEW UPDATE' IRON STUDIOS AVENGERS HULK 1/6 DIORAM

Congrats Andy
Could you get both Hulks next to each other to compare size. Maquette vs 1/6.

Back