Robertobagg10collection Thread 'NEW UPDATE' CUSTOM CHROMED IRON MAN SS COMIQUETTE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *NEW UPDATE* R2D2 C3PO PF EXCLUSIVE CUSTOM YAVIN B

**** balls! The droid stand is fantastic! :rock

SW OT FTW!

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *NEW UPDATE COMING SOON* CUSTOM BASE FOR DROIDS EX

It's hard to believe that this lump of clay soft looking substance went from this

e9uryhaj.jpg

To this hard rock looking substance with beautiful finish.

jetemyzy.jpg

2u7e2u7a.jpg

yqeryred.jpg

It totally looks like two different bases made out of two two different materials. The base looks totally amazing! :clap

Last edited:
Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *NEW UPDATE* R2D2 C3PO PF EXCLUSIVE CUSTOM YAVIN B

Your inbos was full so i had to post here, the figures look nice though. Nice job on the base also looks good.

That base looks amazing. Congrats Andy 😊

damn fine work!

Really cool Yavin base Andy! :clap I like how it was inspired by the old Kotobukiya one! BTW I like my Stormie PF there ;)

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *NEW UPDATE COMING SOON* CUSTOM BASE FOR DROIDS EX

So at last my R2D2 / C3PO Premium Format Exclusive custom 'Yavin' themed base is now complete :) So most of you guys know that when Sideshow had first announced the exclusive that there a lot of us scratching our heads as to why they labelled their individual black bases as 'Yavin' themed despite them looking identical to that of the Stormtrooper PF :huh

So here's a quick pic of the droids on their Sideshow EX bases:

nuzavyta.jpg

And a pic of the Stormtrooper PF base:

zehadu6u.jpg

As you can see, the Droids bases do not appear to be anything remotely like a 'Yavin' theme :dunno hence why it was always my intention to get one custom made so that they could finally be displayed on one base (which for me is why the Regular Version has the advantage over its Exclusive Version IMO) these two iconic figures should be displayed side by side and almost touching, which is something that is extremely difficult to pull off when on separate bases.

I really must hand it to my very talented friend who since making this base for me, had never sculpted before in his life :lol it really is a truly remarkable first attempt and am so grateful to have his services on tap otherwise I'd never get round to attempting it myself due to work commitments and tearing myself away from the kids :lol

Really hope you enjoy the pics guys but as ever, they don't really do this base justice as seeing these two glorious droids on their new display base is almost like recreating part of that infamous end scene of A New Hope at the Yavin Award Ceremony in your own front room...:lol thanks for looking guys :wave

P.S. I've just purchased another glass display case for these droids to go in so I'll get some more pics up once it arrives ;)

jetemyzy.jpg

2u7e2u7a.jpg

yqeryred.jpg
Hi Andy :wave I know its been a while....sorry about that but you probably guessed im preferring to post ECT on Facebook.
Anyway back to your amazing custom base.....i love it Andy in fact its million times better than sideshows half hearted attempt :lol your very cruel Andy :lol showing us What sideshow should have given us. It truly is awesome and a first time sculpt to boot very impressive Andy :clap:clap

So at last my R2D2 / C3PO Premium Format Exclusive custom 'Yavin' themed base is now complete :) So most of you guys know that when Sideshow had first announced the exclusive that there a lot of us scratching our heads as to why they labelled their individual black bases as 'Yavin' themed despite them looking identical to that of the Stormtrooper PF :huh

nuzavyta.jpg

zehadu6u.jpg

As you can see, the Droids bases do not appear to be anything remotely like a 'Yavin' theme :dunno hence why it was always my intention to get one custom made so that they could finally be displayed on one base (which for me is why the Regular Version has the advantage over its Exclusive Version IMO) these two iconic figures should be displayed side by side and almost touching, which is something that is extremely difficult to pull off when on separate bases.

I really must hand it to my very talented friend who since making this base for me, had never sculpted before in his life :lol it really is a truly remarkable first attempt and am so grateful to have his services on tap otherwise I'd never get round to attempting it myself due to work commitments and tearing myself away from the kids :lol

Really hope you enjoy the pics guys but as ever, they don't really do this base justice as seeing these two glorious droids on their new display base is almost like recreating part of that infamous end scene of A New Hope at the Yavin Award Ceremony in your own front room...:lol thanks for looking guys :wave

P.S. I've just purchased another glass display case for these droids to go in so I'll get some more pics up once it arrives ;)

jetemyzy.jpg

2u7e2u7a.jpg

yqeryred.jpg
Now... that's two awesome figs! Congrats to the pick up, my friend:hi5:

Loving the new base Andy, congrats!!!

nuzavyta.jpg

zehadu6u.jpg

jetemyzy.jpg

2u7e2u7a.jpg

yqeryred.jpg

Great work Andy!!! :hi5: The custom base turned out amazing. Really like the painted finish. Great job again! :clap

RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *NEW UPDATE* R2D2 C3PO PF EXCLUSIVE CUSTOM YAV...

Wow guys!!! So flattered by the amazing support and fantastic feedback from all you great guys and gals...thank you so much :bow :bow as ever, I'll promise to get back to each of your replies as it's the least I can do as a way of saying thanks :1-1: really glad you like the base...so much of the credit really goes to my friend who sculpted it...all I did was send him the dimensions to work with by measuring up the droids and making sure it was all in scale :)

Stand by for another update coming soon which are some teaser pics of my completed Silver Surfer Comiquette, which if you remember from page 427, I was getting fully chromed and having the cosmic trail vamped up with some cool colours :) well, almost two months later the project is complete and boy...it really does look amazing if I do say so myself :lol

So thanks once again everyone and here are a few more snaps of the droids with the lights on :)

a8avu6ad.jpg

u4u6u4aj.jpg

yjuja8un.jpg

And a cool sketch I found on Google Images which I though would look really cool with those who have the Regular Version!! ;)

e2uqanu4.jpg

RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *NEW UPDATE* R2D2 C3PO PF EXCLUSIVE CUSTOM YAV...

P.S. Happy Easter to all you collectors out there :duff my kids only had one egg in mind for their daddy :lol :lol

Btw, was thinking of calling customer services as I got a rip on Hulks face on the art box :gah: :lecture I now CBG wouldn't stand for this :lol

syvebyty.jpg

Back