TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to heat them up a bit and see what I can do. A little more posing out of them will go a long way.

Ironman, awesome job in the repaints. Have you given any thought to adding articulation to them? I thought about it but wouldn't know how to do the joints the right way. I'd love to be able to add elbow, wrist, and ankle joints to them.

That's some serious work Ironmann.I love them!

here is my newest Bunch of GERMAN Turtles Reviews^^ BTW:IRONMANN your Custom Paintjobs are so amazing! Perfect work mate!!

Thanks!! :)

I saw these 11" turtles today in person at Walmart. It was so hard to look at them and not think how crappy they look compared to the ones that have been repainted in this thread. Such amazing talent on this board. I would only buy a set of these if they looked like Ironmann's or Shawpaws!!

I saw these 11" turtles today in person at Walmart. It was so hard to look at them and not think how crappy they look compared to the ones that have been repainted in this thread. Such amazing talent on this board. I would only buy a set of these if they looked like Ironmann's or Shawpaws!!

Thanks for the name drop haha! Yeah they aren't too bad. Hell, even a dark wash helps a little.

I made two leo's if anyone wants one.

I would also like to know if your guys primed beforehand.

Also to those who have them in hand, will the plastic mold well under heat or warm water? I would tweak Leos arms and Ralph fingers for a better gripping of his sai. :)

In desperate need of one of these, anybody know where I can get one besides ebay or something?
tmnt_leonardo.jpg

Great work Gents. Customs look fantastic!! Did you guys prime before painting?

I would also like to know if your guys primed beforehand.

Also to those who have them in hand, will the plastic mold well under heat or warm water? I would tweak Leos arms and Ralph fingers for a better gripping of his sai. :)

Yes, must prime it before painting.

Are we talking a spray Primer, here? Or a brush on?

Priming always confuses me a bit. Some people do it and others don't. My concerns would be obscuring already soft details with yet another layer of something, and getting it into the joints.

Are we talking a spray Primer, here? Or a brush on?

Priming always confuses me a bit. Some people do it and others don't. My concerns would be obscuring already soft details with yet another layer of something, and getting it into the joints.

I hand-paint on a thin layer. I also avoid adding too much and filling in too many details. Honestly, priming is good but not essential. I've not used it on a few customs and they have held up with time.

I hand-paint on a thin layer. I also avoid adding too much and filling in too many details. Honestly, priming is good but not essential. I've not used it on a few customs and they have held up with time.

Okay, so now I have to ask what Brand/kind of primer you use, lol. :)

Honestly, I'd love to dabble in figure customizing, but trying to learn everything through the internet is so frustrating. Anyone want to start a living community of figure collectors/artists? I'm thinking someplace temperate... Oregon? Like a retirement home, but better! :rotfl

Joda you can find almost everything either in textform or on youtube if you know what to look for. Start with gamesworkshop read throughthe paint tutorials. Afterwards look for tutorials on youtube. Dont buy the gamesworkshop paints however. Use vallejo. They are as good as GW but cheaper. There is also a great book from GW with the most important techniques. It helps alot to get an idea what is possible and how it works. I have used it alot, also to know for what tutorial I have to look on youtube. Hope that helps. :duff

Back