TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bet Don took a LOOONG time with all those details. He looks amazing. I'm going to try painting the whole set haha. Your work is outstanding. I Think Don is your best piece so far IMO.

Wow - serious skills ironmann!! :duff

So - no need for any high end 2014 figures for you then, I guess. :lol

Ironman that latest Don you have made is the best in that serie. You really bring out a lot of details on those cheap toys.

Here's one pics of my custom turtle before the final reveal. I kinda went with a more realistic turtle but not quiet as much and busy than the movie ones.

Iron man are you dry brushing or using a spray gun for the details, they look amazing.

Really interested to see how Mikey turns out, at the moment he's the weakest sculpt.

very nice work Ironman!!!!

Thanks guys!
I did dry brushing only on these figures, No airbrush.
I like real painting so tried like painting on the paper.
Yes, Mikey is weakest sculpt but good enough for the age 4+ :)

Can't wait to see your Mikey. You're polishing these toys up nicely. :)

Thanks!
Working on Mikey now.
2671634F53BB8A9311B6FD

I wish Shrek looked that kick-a$$. It would have been a much different series.

Hello!

Anyone still seeing the retro/repro figures on the pegs? If so, anyone willing to help out? Now that I want to grab them, Illinois is completely dry.

Have you checked online, be careful though some collectors on here have got dodgy bootleg ones.

I have indeed. Knowing that they were available until recently (TRU.com still has a feature banner ad for them!), I thought I'd ask around before paying the going aftermarket price. Knowing there are shady boots out there makes me extra hesitant.

The repaints look fantastic, great work.

Still think these turtle designs are ridiculously ugly. I don't know how I'm gonna feel about the film when I see it.

Mikey is my fave, anyone wanna do a repaint on him?

I'm not the biggest turtle fan anymore. In the early 90s I loved them. I haven't watch any of the new cartoons and I have no ****s to give about the new bay movie. I saw this figure in TRU today, he was like $8.99 so I bought him. At first glanced I thought it looked cool and then I realized it really did not look cool. So after seeing Ironman's pictures I decided to rework mine.

f6fa9e48-7914-42c2-acf9-a60c4bc3c082_zps3bab9a5a.png

Great work TF. Like the pupils you added.

The 11" turtles have so much more detail. I'm still not in love with the designs but with some touch ups, they can look cool. The two turtles that I painted look really good next to die-cast war machine and Man of Steel lol. They are in decent scale to 1/6 figs.

Thanks, dude. I can't stand the new designs. They looked so perfect in 1990. Very much looking forward to the playmates classics movie figures though. The eyes on this figure, weren't there. I tried every technique I knew to find exactly where the eyes were but I couldn't, so I just sculpted new eyes over the ones that were or were not there.

Great work TF. Like the pupils you added.

The 11" turtles have so much more detail. I'm still not in love with the designs but with some touch ups, they can look cool. The two turtles that I painted look really good next to die-cast war machine and Man of Steel lol. They are in decent scale to 1/6 figs.

Thanks, dude. I can't stand the new designs. They looked so perfect in 1990. Very much looking forward to the playmates classics movie figures though. The eyes on this figure, weren't there. I tried every technique I knew to find exactly where the eyes were but I couldn't, so I just sculpted new eyes over the ones that were or were not there.

Those really were the greatest designs. I still think the rubber figures they made for the second movie are the best Playmates Toys attempt at making turtles. I can't wait for the movie classics either. I think Michelangelo has the best HS of the group. I bought a trench coat and fedora from a marvel The Thing figure and plan on recreating Raph from movie 1 when he meets Casey.

Back