SSC Superman 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need to see more pics but man did I like the original sculpt. It's probably the angle of the pic but the face does not look like it has as much detail as the first sculpt to me. The suit does look like it has improved.

I need to see more pics but man did I like the original sculpt. It's probably the angle of the pic but the face does not look like it has as much detail as the first sculpt to me. The suit does look like it has improved.

It's probably cause the pic is not high res and it's kind of far.

I was reluctant at 1st but now I'm in for the new HS.

It's probably cause the pic is not high res and it's kind of far.

I was reluctant at 1st but now I'm in for the new HS.

I can buy that.
It's like they used the old Phil Tippet technique of bumping the camera as they took the shot or the Stan Winston oldie but goodie of putting Vaseline on lens.

If you look closely, I still think you can see the Black Outline unfortunately.

IMO it's hard to tell if it's an outline or just an affect caused by the shield somehow being embossed on top of the bodysuit, kind of like the effect that can be seen on some photos of the HT Reeve Superman. If it's an outline indeed, I'm happy that it's not as thick as the that on the first proto, as seen on the first page of this thread if you still haven't seen it :)

Yeah, the shield looks like it was done the same way as HT Reeve. And it's much larger and without the obvious outline of the proto. Definitely one of my most anticipated figures. I'm going to have to start replacing the DC 13".

Yeah, the shield looks like it was done the same way as HT Reeve. And it's much larger and without the obvious outline of the proto. Definitely one of my most anticipated figures. I'm going to have to start replacing the DC 13".

agreed. the sideshow figures are waaaay better than anything dc direct ever did. i recently moved all of mine, for all their faults some are still some fun figures. Superman in my opinion isn't and i'm looking forward to the sideshow version immensely.

i enjoyed the first version of DCD Superman that came with the alternate suit, tie and glasses along with the daily planet news paper. something I wish this version of superman would have but I'm more than sure it won't

Sadly I am in the same boat. They made a lot of great figures from the DC universe, I mean a complete Justice League. That's a great accomplishment for 1/6 or larger figures never done before or since. If Sideshow can do it, which going by their track record there's no reason to think they can't, then they have a customer for life. Now let's see some more pics. Give 'em up, Sideshow.

The usual bodies with crappy knees aside, SSC's shown us that this line has great potential, that I wish this would go a long way. Well-made true 1/6 scale comic figures are long overdue, IMO.

Back