SSC Batman 1/6 figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahhh thanks. Ya the question, more like a statement was a brain bender... They're not titled as Hot Toys. They're solely pitched as a SS product. Now who, if anyone, had help in production is left unsaid.

I was referring to the title under those photos. It says hot toy batman on one, then hot toys custom on the other.

I was referring to the title under those photos. It says hot toy batman on one, then hot toys custom on the other.

Well i created that photo manip, I labeled them that way to indicate that this was the HOT TOYS figure, untouched, and then (intended) customization.

It was my mistake. I should have labeled it Sideshow.

Last edited:
contemplating on canceling my exclusive... for some reason, it jusut doesn't scream "must have"

cancelled my star lord preorder as well, and jango fett.. the jango seems ehh... maybe if it comes in 1/4, then ill buy it.

I can understand folks wantin gray-n-blue, but what Sideshow did is a design mess (as always).
These proportions doesn't work with blue, and the blue itself is too bright to work for the figure.

Anyway, my two cents before disparaging to avoid another rant by Sideshow's fanatics:

sideshowbat_comp_zpsb317f7b3.jpg

WHAT? You're saying that Sideshow should have given us that iconic Batman with a longer body, yellow oval chest emblem, and capsule utility belts, meaning a 1/6 Neal Adams Batman figure?!

I'LL TAKE 5 OF THEM!!!

Sorry to be a pain over the name of the manufacture, just wanted to be sure is all.

It does look very good, and your custom looks good as well. I just think the blue and grey combo is rare in the AF world so I do like seeing it. It's not as practical for a combat outfit, I get that. Lol but it does have a great aesthetic look to it, IMO. I'd actually like both the sideshow release and a custom.

WHAT? You're saying that Sideshow should have given us that iconic Batman with a longer body, yellow oval chest emblem, and capsule utility belts, meaning a 1/6 Neal Adams Batman figure?!
:lol :hi5:

the blue and grey combo is rare in the AF world.
It's not as practical for a combat outfit, but it does have a great aesthetic look to it.
:exactly: if you're making something iconic then don't hesitate and go full retro.

Even that photoshop manip would have gotten me to buy it. Is it really that hard to make a comic accurate version? Does anyone at SS say 'we should make a definitive Neal Adams version!'

I think for a first release this is fine. It's a direct take on Jim Lee's Hush Batman. We just need a good black and grey variant then we can go from there.

Geez. After seeing all the fantastic custom manips, I can't see myself settling for the real thing. You guys just talked me out of this one. :lol

Even that photoshop manip would have gotten me to buy it. Is it really that hard to make a comic accurate version? Does anyone at SS say 'we should make a definitive Neal Adams version!'
Man.. I would LOVE that. :pray:

That said - I've seen a couple of decent customs around, but they're nowhere near right.

I'll probably customize my own Neal Adams Batman at some point.

The thing is, I think the headsculpt they used for this one looks a lot more Neal Adams-ish then Jim Lee-ish. Too bad they didn't just go the whole way and give him the yellow oval. And a taller, leaner body.

We might see variants of this one but from here on out, I think the basic spandex hero look is out. Based on what they said at SDCC, the future releases will have more SSCs interpretation like the Flash & GL borrowing from the movies with the more textured realistic slant. Not sure the straight comic book style spandex will keep coming. Not sure why but that's what they're saying.

We might see variants of this one but from here on out, I think the basic spandex hero look is out. Based on what they said at SDCC, the future releases will have more SSCs interpretation like the Flash & GL borrowing from the movies with the more textured realistic slant. Not sure the straight comic book style spandex will keep coming. Not sure why but that's what they're saying.

If this is true, then that SUCKS majorly.

Classic (tights) versions of these characters should ALWAYS be available. They are a rich part of the history of these characters and they shouldn't be forgotten.

What I find interesting about this " textured, realistic slant..." of the movies is that there is NOTHING "realistic" about it... certainly not over standard spandex or supplex. I can't remember EVER seeing someone walking down the street here in New York City wearing a bodysuit that was textured like the skin on a golf ball.

But I CAN remember (plenty of times) seeing plain tights at virtually every dance performance I've ever gone to or at every night club I've been to.

I truly am sick of this "realistic" crap spoiling what should be a fun fantasy that requires only that the reader / viewer suspend disbelief a bit.

These so-called "realistic" takes on super-heroes in films seem to be so ashamed of the traditional conventions of comic books, that gradually, these heroes are wearing their costumes less and less and less in the films! How many total minutes worth of screen time did The Batman actually have in costume in the nearly 3hrs of "The Dark Knight Rises"? What... 10... 15 minutes? And that last Captain America film (Winter Soldier) featured him almost entirely OUT of costume... even on a bunch of the damn posters for the film! Why even call it "Captain America"?

Bottom line is I LOVE The Batman wearing plain tights. And I LOVE his traditional costume from the comics! It reflects how ordinary he is as a "superhero" (Re: No super-powers), and it reinforces how GOOD he has to be at what he does because he is NOT wearing some space-age, micro-weave, nano-technology, protective whatyoumacallit! It makes him special... better than me.. that he can move that quickly... maybe even take the occasional bullet and get badly injured... but he still keeps coming.

I always laugh at people who tell me that Batman in armor is "more realistic" than Batman in tights. Really? NEWSFLASH!! It's Batman!! It's not supposed to be "realistic"!! A guy who depends on speed, agility, flexibility, dexterity (in the real world)... a guy like THAT is not going to weigh himself down with bulky, constricting armor! Along those same lines of thought, a guy like that (in the real world) is NOT going to run around in a heavy, leathery Bat-cape that (again) weighs him down and slows him down into a better target for bad guys.

My point is Super-hero costumes, whether they be spandex or tights are EQUALLY ridiculous and EQUALLY UN-REALISTIC. A guy walking down my street wearing a cape and a cowl is NOT somehow made less ridiculous and more "realistic" if his body suit were armored versus if it were spandex tights. They are BOTH pretty preposterous.

"Realistic"? Give me a damn break!

And what's with this preoccupation with things being "realistic" anyway?? Last I checked, this is a comic book character. A fantasy, not a documentary.

Have you ever worn a bat-cowl? I have. In the "real world", no one in their right mind would EVER wear something as constrictive as that to go out at night and fight crime. The cowl makes the wearer completely tunnel-visioned by eliminating peripheral vision, it almost completely eliminates hearing, natural head movement... you name it.

"Realism" in Super-Hero circumstances? I just don't get it. We're talking about a guy who leaps off of 40-story tall buildings to catch bad guys. There is NOTHING "realistic" about that. There's honestly more "realism" in the average James Bond or Indiana Jones film, and neither of those guys wears any damn armor.

And now, even Superman is wearing a "realistic" textured suit these days (that is drawn with sectioned off "plates" to look like it suggests armor / bullet resistance material). Um... why? THE DARN GUY IS SUPERMAN???? He's bulletproof and faster than a speeding bullet!

Okay. End of rant. :)

Last edited:
Back