SSC Batman 1/6 figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
there is a lot of muscular men that look like that in spandex. I think there is a few comic book images of batman looking like that as well. he isn't like the muscle men who have a stomach as big as their pectoral muscles. if they added muscle to stomach area he might look overweight and be batman at age 60

Yeah, but I don't like the ribs sticking out like they do. He looks like he has a 20 inch waist and a huge upper body. If you look at HT Reeve, his proportions look awesome even though the suit is tight. I understand they're going for the V-taper, but it's just too pronounced here imo.

I liked the darker blue suit originally shown at last years Comic-con. But I will still buy the lighter color one. This one just needs the yellow oval and a capsule belt and we have a great bronze era figure.

Yeah, but I don't like the ribs sticking out like they do. He looks like he has a 20 inch waist and a huge upper body. If you look at HT Reeve, his proportions look awesome even though the suit is tight. I understand they're going for the V-taper, but it's just too pronounced here imo.

If your referring to Christopher reeves the actor was kind of small build for superman, Batman in comics has when he is flexing in a standing pose your going to see the notation of a ribcage and he has no belly fat it's probably a 6 1/2 pack. there is few men who build muscle just in biceps, legs and pectoral muscles but keep the rest moderately leaner muscle to make them appear bigger. Trust me if they alter his stomach muscles to make the ribs less noticeable you will have a fat looking batman. this is a proto so the body might not be as defined

I liked the darker blue suit originally shown at last years Comic-con. But I will still buy the lighter color one. This one just needs the yellow oval and a capsule belt and we have a great bronze era figure.

Do what im doing buy the TT advanced muscle body and use the dcd batman body suit. you only have to shorten the legs and arms and that's it because the body fills out that suit perfectly. then just pop on this SSC batman head and parts and boom classic batman.

I think it would be cool if he came with a few different styles of bat insignia and you pick the one you want and put it on.

I think it would be cool if he came with a few different styles of bat insignia and you pick the one you want and put it on.

that's tricky to do because it can be an easy miss and you have a crooked symbol. some of the knock off's have that problem.

Wish they would hurry up and put this up for pre order.

curious to see what he has as far as accessories and an alternate head.

Im thinking their might be reservations with th muscle body, keep in mind this new body is their baby, I wouldn't release it to soon because people here are brutal. Also people lack some basic knowledge of what goes into something like that and expectations are high.

in order to keep with cost a lot of stuff has to be juggled accordingly. a lot of people don't like the almost 200 buck price tag but keep in mind what you get. 2 head sculpts, decent stand, granted the bodies have been a let down but their is restrictions due to other companies licensing and likeness of bodies so as to not piss off the companies doing muscle builds.
tailoring has to be downplayed alittle because of cost(then people turn around and spend 60-100 for an upscale costume but if it was offered to begin with everyone would complain its too high) but there are some who are just happy to get what they can get and they don't want to shut them out from affording it.

lets face it hot toys will eventually be only affordable for the top 2 percent someday sideshow might be the only company we can honestly buy from. and hot toys might crumble under due to their elevated cost. Because while this economy tries to recover it will limit sales drastically and hot toys will feel the pinch more than sideshow because sideshow kept their cost lower.

but low cost comes with draw backs because quality has to be set according to affordability and sideshow offers more bang for buck even though people may not appreciate it.

I do and don't complain because I get it. I may caution what I feel might be a poor sell or what should be tossed because it is unnecessary waste of materials that could be used elsewhere.

take batman yes a variant jumpsuit with old style logo batsuit would keep everyone happy so people can switch to the one they like. but that cost money not sure if it will fit budget. also I feel the cape is to glossy and should be a matte fabric like ITY jersey it has the proper weight to scale. but all in all id say he is a good batman so cut them some slack. I have a feeling he will come out for preorder soon after catwoman. Call it female intuition but I feel it will be out before November or 1st week in november for pre-order

Last edited:
Im thinking their might be reservations with th muscle body, keep in mind this new body is their baby, I wouldn't release it to soon because people here are brutal. Also people lack some basic knowledge of what goes into something like that and expectations are high.

in order to keep with cost a lot of stuff has to be juggled accordingly. a lot of people don't like the almost 200 buck price tag but keep in mind what you get. 2 head sculpts, decent stand, granted the bodies have been a let down but their is restrictions due to other companies licensing and likeness of bodies so as to not piss off the companies doing muscle builds.
tailoring has to be downplayed alittle because of cost(then people turn around and spend 60-100 for an upscale costume but if it was offered to begin with everyone would complain its too high) but there are some who are just happy to get what they can get and they don't want to shut them out from affording it.

lets face it hot toys will eventually be only affordable for the top 2 percent someday sideshow might be the only company we can honestly buy from. and hot toys might crumble under due to their elevated cost. Because while this economy tries to recover it will limit sales drastically and hot toys will feel the pinch more than sideshow because sideshow kept their cost lower.

but low cost comes with draw backs because quality has to be set according to affordability and sideshow offers more bang for buck even though people may not appreciate it.

I do and don't complain because I get it. I may caution what I feel might be a poor sell or what should be tossed because it is unnecessary waste of materials that could be used elsewhere.

take batman yes a variant jumpsuit with old style logo batsuit would keep everyone happy so people can switch to the one they like. but that cost money not sure if it will fit budget. also I feel the cape is to glossy and should be a matte fabric like ITY jersey it has the proper weight to scale. but all in all id say he is a good batman so cut them some slack. I have a feeling he will come out for preorder soon after catwoman. Call it female intuition but I feel it will be out before November or 1st week in november for pre-order

I can see where your coming from, but the part in bold no so much. I feel that Sideshow is slowly edging to Hot Toys in terms of pricing (although quality doesn't seem to increase in the same pace). If u can't afford Hot Toys, Sideshow would be to expensive as well IMO.

To me both are too expensive for what you get, but both companies seem to be doing well so there are still more than enough people buying their stuff. Look at it this way, if they go under we are condemned to Hasbro and DiD.

I agree alittle that it should lower at least by 50 bucks until the bodies are made better quality. their just not the best joints they always seem loose in parts. My joker came with marionette legs all over the place and my snake eyes has a weak abdomen. what sideshow should do is if this happens don't change out with a whole new figure or if their sold out then your SOL. what shold be done is a swap out for a tighter body.

It cost less and nobody looses money because the loose body could be taken apart and reused by sideshow. so it's nobodies loss.

I can see where your coming from, but the part in bold no so much. I feel that Sideshow is slowly edging to Hot Toys in terms of pricing (although quality doesn't seem to increase in the same pace). If u can't afford Hot Toys, Sideshow would be to expensive as well IMO.

To me both are too expensive for what you get, but both companies seem to be doing well so there are still more than enough people buying their stuff. Look at it this way, if they go under we are condemned to Hasbro and DiD.

How can you lump Hasbro and DiD together? DiD stuff is pretty high end...

It's time Sideshow pulls their attention to making this chick next I mean they already have the base body all she needs is a costume and head. How many feel we need a good Batgirl since DCD terribly mammoth head one with blank stare.

batgirl-barbara-gordon-2004.jpg

I know we never really had one in 1/6 scale before. Mattel and DCD major league let downs on babs. I love my joker and babs would be done right by anyone on this board as well as the sculptors on sideshow. No one has attempted her to my knowledge and DCD has this blank stare like she's high or something. We need more well represented DC Girls. it's like Warner Bro's don't care about their licensing to do it obviously and the sculpters at DC are not qualified to do it. So Sideshow should do her and the other girls like IVY, possibly another catwoman, but classic, Huntress, Wonder Woman maybe Zatanna call it the babes of DC or something like that

What is SS thinking with their release schedule? Three Villians before Batman? Why? I won't get a single character until I know I'm happy with the Batman figure.

What is SS thinking with their release schedule? Three Villians before Batman? Why? I won't get a single character until I know I'm happy with the Batman figure.

Yeah,really strange that they would push batman so far back in the release schedule.
I was surprised that he wasn't the first one out of the gate.

Back