NECA's RoboCop is (NOT) a total bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably like Nicholson, he wants more money for his likeness than they're willing to pay, they don't think they'd get enough of a return with figure sales. But you don't know with NECA. Sometimes they flat out lie so as they can surprise people later. Maybe it will happen.

edit - just saw your edit. I would say it's true that Weller is no Nicholson, but its probably as much to do with how he perceives the worth of his likeness.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's true.

And NECA does lie, like recently with the debut of the 7" Keaton Batman. I think that's more of keeping a surprise under wraps than pure schenanigans though. I fully expect a proper colored 7" Keaton Batman (instead of that purple NES thing) just like I expect a Peter Weller faced Robo. I mean, surely they've profited out of the tooling they've milked for the regular Robo right. 18", Regular, holster, glow-in-the dark, Battle damaged, 8-bit game, jet pack deluxe and now SEGA Terminator vs. Robocop? C'mon, pay Weller and make the last Robocop using that same tooling.

Kyle Reese is a weird one too. Surely Hot Toys would try and snatch that up too like they did with NECA's T2 and Alien stuff? Terminator isn't getting enough 1/6 love as much as it should.

Last edited:
Seeing the HT Weller Robocop has sort of dampened my enthusiasm for a NECA version but I'd still buy it for completism sake. That's sort of how I've rolled with HT and NECA and these franchises, corresponding representations of each character (and variants of each character) in each scale.

On the Kyle Reese front - I think if HT were going to make him it might have been a better idea to put him out before (what I presume will be) the final T-800, MMS238. Unless they consider the remade Endoskeleton the final T-800 - but if Reese came out before that it'd be a major surprise because they haven't mentioned him at all. We know they're planning a diecast 1:6 endo but zero mention from them of Kyle Reese.

DiFabio....your Batman figure looks like the forearms are reversed. It was a common manufacturing error. The metal parts of the gauntlet are supposed to be on the outside of his arm!

As for the Deluxe Robocop.....I have to say, I'm starting to get tempted. Maybe it's cause I haven't bought anything for a while. But I like the fact that it's two complete Robos in one...you have the basic blue-tinted RoboCop 2 look...and that INCLUDES the spring-loaded holster. And then pop on the gun arm and jetpack and it's the version from that pile of dog-crap movie RoboCop 3. AND the Cobra cannon, which he did fire at Cain in Robo2....

Hm. Tempting.

DiFabio....your Batman figure looks like the forearms are reversed. It was a common manufacturing error. The metal parts of the gauntlet are supposed to be on the outside of his arm.

Don't worry, mine are correct. I grab those pics off of google.

ME GUSTA!!!! This will look awesome next to my other Robo's. Even if Robocop 3 sucks at least we are getting this Badass Fig.

NECA-Jetpack-Robocop-001.jpg

Well, looks like NECA strong armed me into another Robocop variant. After work, I caved and bought the Jet-Pack Robocop today from Toys R Us. The Robocop 2 paint scheme is ****ing sweet (the blue and purple is majestic) and I love the cobra assault rifle. Best NECA Robocop figure to date, I recommend it.

I'm not using that Jetpack or gun arm though . . . it never happened. :lol

Bring on a damages Murphy with removable helmet. Last variant that needs to happen. If they can make Marines and side characters from Alien and Aliens or Rocky's boxing pals, I don't see why Boddicker or Anne Lewis would be out of the question.

Yeah its frustrating that we don't have Clarence yet. They could easily do at least 2 Clarence figures, a normal version and one with like mud and blood from the final scene. He wouldn't even need that many accessories, a handgun and shot gun. Its sad that Robocop will never get a full line with side characters.

I actually saw the new robocop at Toys R Us and I was about to buy it when I realized I already had it coming in the mail. I was tempted to buy it to have a second one but I think I have enough NECA Robocops already especially with the SNES game versions on their way.

At first I wanted nothing to do with it.....but it's reallllllly tempting...

Too bad it's a bit pricey here in Japan. Kinda hard to justify buying it since I already have the first version.

Dear NECA,

I currently have my ED-209 and spring-loaded RoboCop prominently on display on my most visible toy shelf. I love these things. These are toys I could only dream about as a 9 year old when I saw the trailer for the movie in 1987. A dream come true. Thank you.

Now then...would you like some more of my money? I'd be happy to give it to you in exhange for the following:

Battle-damaged Murphy face RoboCop. Hey man...I don't even care if it doesn't look exactly like Peter Weller, if that's what the big hold up is!! Just a bald dude's face with a bullet hold in it stretched over a robot skull. We all want this guy. HT is making it happen. But I prefer the 7 inch scale so I'd rather have yours.

How about make a little more cash on the ED mold? I won't buy it with just a blow-up left arm....BUT....if you have the blown-up left arm, along with a feature that allows you to remove the upper body so all that's left is smoking decapitated legs like in the last scene? Now that's a definite buy. Doesn't even need sound! Battle-damaged ED 209!!

And finally...I'll happily buy the new Jetpack RoboCop cause he's blue. And I'll need a blue RoboCop for only ONE reason....to fight Cain. Yeah...we need a Cain. He's intricately designed with pistons and stuff. Doesn't matter. He doesn't need to move that much. Just arms and legs, nothing fancy. Just upscale the little tiny Kotbukiya figure with like 5 points of articulation and I'll be happy. No sound needed. A flip out Cain computer face would be cool, but not necessary. Make him...I'll buy him...everyone on the board will buy him....and I'll even buy the Jetpack Robo too just for the Blue tint and Cobra cannon.

Thank you NECA!!!

Back