Sideshow 1/6 Starcraft Raynor Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow 1/6 Starcraft Tychus Figure

This is my favorite look of my favorite character from my favorite game. Bought.

StarCraft does seem to be notoriously cursed when it comes to licensing, it has had a half dozen toylines get cancelled entirely before making it out or cut short. Currently I'm waiting to see if the Megabloks license falls through. Bottom line, I hope that doesn't happen here. Although I do have to question releasing a figure like Valerian Mensk.. a non playable unit, non playable character that stands around and doesn't do much? Unless this line takes off like Star Wars and GI Joe(and how I would love it to, but let's be realistic), stick to the main heroes/villains and the handful of small enough to be done in 1/6th iconic units.

We better get a couple of Zerglings in this line!

I hope they don't do Valerian Mensk, somewhat interesting look but there's much better characters to do. I think that sculpt was just Raynor with a different hair style though, so it's probably not Valerian.

RAYNOR!~?!?!?!?

Time to buy my first Sideshow figure in years.

I hope SS can at least get those those other units out too like Zerglings, Hydralisks, Zealots, etc.

https://www.cooltoyreview.com/2013_sdcc/SDCC_2013_Sideshow_Collectibles_Wed/

AACRqn.jpg

NoRC0l.jpg

That looks incredible! I forgot how cool the suits were when I played the SC2 campaign a long time ago. What an awesome looking figure to display.

That looks so freakin sick!!! I will most definitely be getting raynor! Wow, it looks better than I thought it would.

I'm kinda surprised that after showing the prototype of Tychus last year and the other production pics that they'd show the completed Raynor first.

What size is the figure?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I'm kinda surprised that after showing the prototype of Tychus last year and the other production pics that they'd show the completed Raynor first.

Considering what happened to Tychus and his relevance to Starcraft 2 as a whole, he was a poor first choice for the first Starcraft 2 figure by Sideshow.

Going with Raynor is a much better decision.

Tychus is more iconic as a marine though. Raynor doesn't really use his suit much.

Well it depends on how you look at it. During the on-ship scenes and some cutscenes Raynor is in his civies.

But when you play as Raynor and during the big battle cutscenes he's in his marine armor. Plus, I think his Marine armor is bad @$$ compared to some others.

I'm not against Sideshow doing a Tychus figure, I'm just saying if they want to start strong then Raynor is probably the best choice. He's the most popular character on the Terran "good" side and one of THE main characters from Starcraft 1 & 2. I was going to pass on Tychus but Raynor is a whole different story.

I'll most likely be getting both. Tychus resembles what a marine is in starcraft. Really reminds me of the sweet concept art in the game book that came with starcraft 1.

Quite easily Sideshow's BEST 1/6 scale figure. This is something that is close to Hot Toys-level!

Back