STEAM - General Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lots more games on sale than posted. I ended up finally buying Goat Simulator last night for 20% off.

Lego Movie game is also highly discounted without being advertised. Check around!

Yeah, the trick is to put any game you're interested in, in your Wishlist and it will show what's discounted. Easy way to keep track.

I want to get PayDay 2, but it's only at 67% off and maybe only half of the DLC is discounted as well, I need a Complete Pack at at least 70% to make me buy. . . . haha.

Just make sure you only buy games that are daily deals, community choice, or flash sale. Unless it is the last 48 hours of the sale. If you buy a game now that isn't one of those, there is a chance it can go even lower.

I just figured out the whole Steam trading card / badge thing and I'm totally hooked. Add me on Steam and we'll trade some cards!

Name = Shropt

Would someone explain the cards to me? It seems fairly pointless.......?! I don't get it

First you get the cards. When you have all of the cards from a certain game you then craft a badge. The badge gives you XP which gives you a better overall STEAM rank. The higher the rank the better chance of getting more cards and booster packs (which is a set of 3 cards). You can only get so many cards per game but you can earn more chances at cards. You can craft each badge 3 times to get XP.

You can trade or even sell the cards on the marketplace. Each card averages between 11 and 30 cents each. So even if you tire of crafting badges you can sell the cards for real money.

Right now there is a competition where you are on a team. The team with the highest amount of points each day gets a chance to win ingame items or even free games from your own wishlist. The way you earn points for your team is to buy games or to craft these very badges. So right now there is a trading card frenzy on the marketplace and cards are selling for more and more people are trading cards.

I'd recommend spending a few cents to craft a badge and see what happens. I've been on STEAM for years and crafted my first badge yesterday and was very surprised what happened. I feel like I've been missing out on a huge part of the experience.

Been a good sale for me so far. Knocked a good number of games off my wishlist and I've only spent about $30.

Titan Quest
Risk of Rain
Shadowrun Returns
Papers, Please
Gone Home
State of Decay

Since added

Guacamelee
Rogue Legacy
Castle Crashers

First you get the cards. When you have all of the cards from a certain game you then craft a badge. The badge gives you XP which gives you a better overall STEAM rank. The higher the rank the better chance of getting more cards and booster packs (which is a set of 3 cards). You can only get so many cards per game but you can earn more chances at cards. You can craft each badge 3 times to get XP.

You can trade or even sell the cards on the marketplace. Each card averages between 11 and 30 cents each. So even if you tire of crafting badges you can sell the cards for real money.

Right now there is a competition where you are on a team. The team with the highest amount of points each day gets a chance to win ingame items or even free games from your own wishlist. The way you earn points for your team is to buy games or to craft these very badges. So right now there is a trading card frenzy on the marketplace and cards are selling for more and more people are trading cards.

I'd recommend spending a few cents to craft a badge and see what happens. I've been on STEAM for years and crafted my first badge yesterday and was very surprised what happened. I feel like I've been missing out on a huge part of the experience.

Ok, thank you very much for that detailed explanation....!

I need to get outside and start living life again. The Steam summer sales have made me a recluse.

I think I'm about tapped. Closed my sale out with The Swapper, Dust and Broforce.

Broforce is an incredibly cool game. If any of you guys are on the fence, I highly recommend it. I've been completely addicted since I bought it.

Did you guys catch any games on sale this labor day? I got an email from Green Man Gaming yesterday, and it seems like they have some things going on.

Steam has a Warner Bros sale this weekend. The F.E.A.R trilogy, the Batman Arkham games, Bastion, the Lego games, and many others are 75% off.

I've been wondering, is there any way to increase my Steam level substantially without spending money in the market place? :lol

Summer Sale is LIVE!

gKKGAuvh.png

Can someone please please message me if killing floor 2 goes on sale? Can't keep up with this sale... :(

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

So far, I've only picked up one game from the Steam sale - Shadow of Mordor. I saw some other games, like Dead Space 2, and thought, "oh, cool, 60% off, I'll buy this", only to see that it was already in my Steam library. My backlog is extraordinary...

Back