Hot Toys - Batman 1966 Live-action TV Series - Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
... for me that image is all...I love my 1/25 kit...pain in the butt it was...but for the last 8 or so years love it

I logged on to my Fb account yesterday and what I saw on my newsfeed first was a post regarding an HT figure where Sean Long commented on. I can't exactly quote what SL said (now I can't find the post, SL's not my friend on Fb either), but he claims that apparently The '66 car is in the bubble, with HT thinking that the poor sales of the Dynamic Duo figure is an indication that the car would also flop. SL thinks it's a bummer as he would love to have one.

I'm aware that Sean Long's not much loved on here, but it's possible that his word could mean something given his connections?

I logged on to my Fb account yesterday and what I saw on my newsfeed first was a post regarding an HT figure where Sean Long commented on. I can't exactly quote what SL said (now I can't find the post, SL's not my friend on Fb either), but he claims that apparently The '66 car is in the bubble, with HT thinking that the poor sales of the Dynamic Duo figure is an indication that the car would also flop. SL thinks it's a bummer as he would love to have one.

I'm aware that Sean Long's not much loved on here, but it's possible that his word could mean something given his connections?

cat-shocked.gif

The car will sell the figures, I think many are waiting to see how it turns out before they get the figs(and some are turned off by the fragile material they used, so not the licenses' fault). I am sure there are plenty of people who only want the car also. They would make a huge mistake to pass on making the car.

It's also a big mistake for them to assume the figures and car go together - in this case, that's not true. The car is iconic, and will sell even to fans who won't buy the figures, but are car collectors only. Neither of the previous batmobiles would have quite the same draw to the non-sixth scale collector that this one will.

Of course it's also possible that as they got further down the road of production they figured out that high gloss paint job was going to cost them far more than they anticipated, and now they are trying to find excuses not to move forward, realizing they'd have to price the car well above the others.

It's also a big mistake for them to assume the figures and car go together - in this case, that's not true. The car is iconic, and will sell even to fans who won't buy the figures, but are car collectors only. Neither of the previous batmobiles would have quite the same draw to the non-sixth scale collector that this one will.

Of course it's also possible that as they got further down the road of production they figured out that high gloss paint job was going to cost them far more than they anticipated, and now they are trying to find excuses not to move forward, realizing they'd have to price the car well above the others.

:lecture Figures sales ought have nought to do with any lack of vehicle in the future.

They won't do it- the figure sales are CRITICAL to HT to show interest in the license. I think it's a done deal with them...it's dropped.

They won't do it- the figure sales are CRITICAL to HT to show interest in the license. I think it's a done deal with them...it's dropped.

I'm still hoping that this car goes into production to go along with my '89 and Tumbler. However, even if this doesn't get cancelled it might be shelved for much longer seeing that Howard seems pleased with the response of collectors to Marty McFly figure, therefore prioritizing the DeLorean.

I wouldn't listen to SL regarding 1/6 stuff...almost no one really when it comes to Hot Toys. They are notorious for spreading misinformation about any and all their releases. I personally think they do it to keep the non-licensed manufacturers guessing as much as we do since they can produce faster than HTs due to them not having to get licensor approval.

HTs also said they weren't going to do suit Gordon...he's coming. They all but cancelled First Class, but the recent interview gives that line a ray of hope. They also said they would just concentrate on the heroes and the main villians but they managed to produce "Robin" in cop disguise :lol

I think the real reason the figs are still available is because there are just more of them. When they were shown at SDCC last year, they were the darlings of the SSCs display. It would also help if they announced more plans for the line. But that goes back to my original point, they don't exactly keep the fan base informed of their plans.

In the end, I hope it gets made full scale. It would really do the fans a disservice to not follow through after displaying it 2 years in a row almost 3 years ago. I really think they are just swamped with production and can't fit this in.

The greatest car in film/tv history.....nuts if it doesn't get made. The 66 car would sell like hell! Kills me how a Delorean is so sought after. The 66 car is a dream car

I think there gonna make it, just working out the kinks. I can't imagine it would be more complex than the 89. Maybe the glossy paint is hard to mass produce and ship the right way

Passed on every other vehicle, this is the one I wanted, definitely need it made. Love all the Bat vehicles, but this was my one 'gonna make space' want. :(

I saved the money to buy the '66 Batmobile and if they don't make it, I hope Hot Toys doesn't think I will spend it on their other items instead, I will not.

I remember someone mentioning they asked Sideshow at SDCC'14 about the Batmobile and they said Hot Toys hasn't cancelled but are tweaking it to make it more accurate.

Yes, the car should sell much better than the figures(depending on the shipped price and final product of course). I would not have any 1/6 if it was not for the cars, then that made me get some figs to go with them.

I was driving through Virginia yesterday and stopped on the side of the highway was the 60's batmobile. The guy had the red light flashing and looked like he was using a jerry can to put gas in. We were so thrilled to see it, we passed by so fast we didn't get a chance to take a pic. I drove slow for a long time hoping it would catch up to us.

Back