Hot Toys - Batman 1966 Live-action TV Series - Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's best not to think about it - just put aside a grand to cover the item and shipping and never speak of it again. Especially if you have a wife.

My wife has demanded I get one. Yep, I'm a lucky man.

I rarely buy two of an item anymore, but I may make an exception with the '66 Batmobile (and again for the broken record, I am betting higher than 1989 Batmobile price wise...say $799.00). We'll continue to see companies put out future versions of this vehicle, but in 1/6th scale? Aye, there's the rub....

Oh man...that just means I'll have to go with the monthly payment plan. Not so bad I suppose. It'll be totally worth it ;D. No significant other currently so I'm safe there lol.

Thanks for the input, everyone. :)

I might pass on this. I don't know how I'll have the room. Do you guys think there's going to be any QC issues like the 89 one

My wife has demanded I get one. Yep, I'm a lucky man.

Funny thing is about this my wife actually pretty much said the same thing. " The two figures will look dumb unless you have the batmobile to go with them." So I am am going with the line of just keeping the wife happy. lol

Intrigued to see how they will pull off the bodywork finish on this one. The last two have been mostly matte black plastic and 66 has the metallic shine.

Hot Toys needs to see 1966batmobile.com for reference photos. Their prototype has significant errors like missing the stripes that go around the beams, the missing white outline on the bat spinners, and 1990's modifications that need to be removed.

Check this site out, it's a cool history reference.
uqa9a8ad.jpg

https://www.batmobilehistory.com/pontiac-batmobile.php

Intrigued to see how they will pull off the bodywork finish on this one. The last two have been mostly matte black plastic and 66 has the metallic shine.

I'm wondering if this is what's keeping it from being solicited. They're trying to figure out make scratch resistant. I know what problems Sideshow had with the Iron Man 1/2 scale.

I'm wondering if this is what's keeping it from being solicited. They're trying to figure out make scratch resistant. I know what problems Sideshow had with the Iron Man 1/2 scale.
Nevermind the Iron Man 1/2 scale...the best example would be the 1989 Batmobile surely? If HT's has learnt one thing in the past year (which I'm sure they have) is that they need to protect their 1/6 vehicles much better to avoid the incredible high levels of returns that they experienced with 89 Batmobile

Nevermind the Iron Man 1/2 scale...the best example would be the 1989 Batmobile surely? If HT's has learnt one thing in the past year (which I'm sure they have) is that they need to protect their 1/6 vehicles much better to avoid the incredible high levels of returns that they experienced with 89 Batmobile

i really hope so. to be fair i think a lot of the damage was attributed to the cocoon rubbing against the actual car, which the 66 doesn't have.

cant wait to PO this.

Yeah, I think it's more of as packaging issue.

I'm looking for this PO within a month or so (now that Robin's been released)

I accept that there were scratched 89 Batmobiles as I saw pictures here. Mine was immaculate. I looked inside the cocoon to see how the damage could happen. From what I could figure, the foam inserts were in all the right places to ensure that the cocoon itself should never make contact with the vehicle's surface. So, I think HT did give the packaging a lot of thought. However, as stated, no cocoon for the 66 Batmobile, so it will come lacked more like the Tumbler, and I don't recall there being any complaints about that one.
Still, looking forward to hearing when this will be released as I'm quite excited to get the Bat and Robin into it. I think it'll make a perfect display piece.

I accept that there were scratched 89 Batmobiles as I saw pictures here. Mine was immaculate. I looked inside the cocoon to see how the damage could happen. From what I could figure, the foam inserts were in all the right places to ensure that the cocoon itself should never make contact with the vehicle's surface. So, I think HT did give the packaging a lot of thought. However, as stated, no cocoon for the 66 Batmobile, so it will come lacked more like the Tumbler, and I don't recall there being any complaints about that one.
Still, looking forward to hearing when this will be released as I'm quite excited to get the Bat and Robin into it. I think it'll make a perfect display piece.

The first release of the Tumbler had a "sheen" in large areas of the roof where the styrofoam rubbed against the vehicle in transit. On the re-release, they wrapped those parts in plastic to protect against it. All that said, the matte finish of the Tumbler Batmobile is the polar opposite of the shiny finish of the 66 Batmobile (and I guess the semi-gloss 89 Batmobile puts it's finish somewhere in the middle)....Hot Toys would probably do well to put the whole thing in a large plastic bag before putting it into the packaging materials, just like some of the later 89 Batmobiles were protected before they reached the customer.

I was thinking that they would put that film (the one they put over all the windows) onto the 66 before encasing it in carbonite, I mean styrofoam!

Back