Have you ever met someone famous?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've met quite a few famous people, but the one that really sticks out is Kenny Rogers. Why? Because he's such ahole. I was in one of his movies and he doesn't want anyone talking to him, approaching him, or anything along those lines. He also has, what I call, a mini-Kenny. A guy who looks like a miniature version of Kenny, who follows him around, teases his hair, beard, and keeps his make up fresh. No one on the set cared for Kenny because he's not cool. In one scene we had to all kind of stack up in a room before running out. I was a couple inches directly behind Kenny, and being he's such a ****, I started acted like I was doing him from behind while everybody else watched and started laughing. Kenny had no idea.

He's not the guy he pretends to be in interviews, etc.

-Hideo Kojima (five times).
-Yoji Shinkawa (twice).
-Yumi Kikuchi (a Japanese model)
-Jim Lee
-Kevin Conroy
-Scott Snider

Mostly people from gaming and comic industries. I also met Bill Cosby on the A train when I was seven years old :lol.

I don't really care for autographs or the whole celebrity thing. I just want to see a couple of my crushes up close.

It makes your collection stand out more, if you can get a DVD slip-cover, novel, Hot Toys box, or some other memorabilia signed by a relevant celebrity. And if they're famous, their signatures can also be worth a lot on Ebay if you can provide proof of authenticity.

Al Pacino. He gave me his autograph on a dollar bill(which was the only thing I had on me). I also met Mario Van Peeples and those two girls from the show The Hills.

I did a lot of autographing years ago and met/shook hands with 104 Hall of Fame athletes in baseball, football, basketball, hockey. Mickey Mantle twice, Joe Dimaggio, Hank Aaron, Sandy Koufax, Yogi Berra, Reggie Jackson, Cal Ripken Jr., Johnny Unitas, Joe Namath, Jim Brown, Gale Sayers, Walter Payton, Gordie Howe, Bobby Hull, Mario Lemieux, Wilt Chamberlain, Bill Russell, Jerry West, Bob Cousy, Larry Bird, etc. Also others like Shaq, Scottie Pippin, Steve Nash, Jason Kidd, who are not in yet. I have also met Muhammad Ali three times, Tommy Hearns, Jake Lamotta and was a childhood friend of director Sam Raimi.

Also Adam West (Batman), Burt Ward (Robin), Julie Newmar (Catwoman), Lee Meriwether (Miss America and Catwoman).

Last edited:
meet them all the time.. no big deal.. im usually surprised on how short they are,..never even heard of who youre talking about

I use to work in the film industry. And you have to be small and thin. Camera really does add weight. I remember working with Bruse Willis, and couldn't believe how small he was.
Met Carlos Santana when I did security on IMAX All Access. Was in the film. Never saw it. Found it on Amazon for $50.00. I don't think so.

Yes, people have met me before.

1801096-badum_tish_super.jpg

I met David Prowse last year. Got an autograph, talked briefly and shook his hand (which was huge! guy was a body builder before so not that surprising). That experience was awesome. Now I can say to people that I've met Darth Vader. :yess:

Back