The Amazing Spider Man 2 (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3D was spectacular at home btw.

I thought the 4k transfer on 2D looked amazing as well.

I don't know guys the more I see of this movie the less and less the negatives bother me.
I never noticed before how similar some if it is to Superman The Movie, the part where Max is introduced feels like Otis being goofy on the streets of NYC. Especially the music. I really like the silly Max stuff now as well it is very comic booky.

The only stuff I really can't stand is some of the Oscorp stuff and the power plant showdown. But Gwens death, the opening sequence with Rhino, the relationship with peter and aunt may, gwen, the Times Square showdown, bedside death of Norman, the end with Rhino and the kid and the general leaping off tall building stuff, most of the performances, Absolutely fantastic and fun! Sick to death of dull dry superhero movies. Give me this, Guardians, Avengers any day.

The only stuff I really can't stand is some of the Oscorp stuff and the power plant showdown. But Gwens death, the opening sequence with Rhino, the relationship with peter and aunt may, gwen, the Times Square showdown, bedside death of Norman, the end with Rhino and the kid and the general leaping off tall building stuff, most of the performances, Absolutely fantastic and fun! Sick to death of dull dry superhero movies. Give me this, Guardians, Avengers any day.

Spider-Man is one of my all time favorites, maybe my favorite ever. So with this and ASM1 I've been willing to overlook a lot. In my heart of hearts, I know these haven't been good movies - but I've really enjoyed them.

Personally, I don't know why they bothered with a plot. You can just have Spider-Man in ASM2's suit just wandering around, occasionally swinging, and I'd be happy. That suit looked so good on screen.

I thought the 4k transfer on 2D looked amazing as well.

I don't know guys the more I see of this movie the less and less the negatives bother me.
I never noticed before how similar some if it is to Superman The Movie, the part where Max is introduced feels like Otis being goofy on the streets of NYC. Especially the music. I really like the silly Max stuff now as well it is very comic booky.

Yup, the 2D looks very sharp, almost 3D like.

"Hello pedestrians" :lol

I love it when Spidey spins his wrist for Rhino to open his window. :lol

Still love the music, heroic and Max theme are great.

I'll tell you what, the great scenes in this movie are better than the great scenes from DOFP and Guardians.

Nothing can touch the action from Cap 2 though

That being said, i'll never watch ASM1 again, yuck.

Last edited:
Garfield reminds me of Hayden Christensen, but a whole lot better.

I really have to say, this movie absolutely improved at home.

I'm liking it more than GOTG.

Spidey's heroic theme one of my favorite from any cbm, I just keep whistling it.

Last edited:
Yup, the 2D looks very sharp, almost 3D like.

"Hello pedestrians" :lol

I love it when Spidey spins his wrist for Rhino to open his window. :lol

Still love the music, heroic and Max theme are great.

I'll tell you what, the great scenes in this movie are better than the great scenes from DOFP and Guardians.

Nothing can touch the action from Cap 2 though

That being said, i'll never watch ASM1 again, yuck.

You are a crazy person Jye!!!

QS kitchen scene alone is the best scene of 2014!

If we’re strictly talking action scenes, TASM2 can’t top any of these

- Magneto impaling Wolverine with metal and chucking him
- Magneto destroying the sentinel that was charging at him
- Wolverine killing the 3 mobsters
- Iceman’s Ice Slide
- Future Sentinels killing future X-Men
- Magneto pulling Raven to him with the bullet in her calf

TASM2 did have some solid scenes, but I don’t think it really gave us any really true great action scenes. I was underwhelmed by the final battles against Electro and Green Goblin.

Does Spidey even throw a punch in the movie?

The Raimi trilogy had way better action in my opinion.

Last edited:
That's very very subjective.

IMO the only action scene that sticks in my mind from DOFP was Quicksilvers, but I enjoyed the movie a lot.
Nothing from Raimi Spiderman came close to the sheer sophistication and realism of the Spidey action in ASM2.
Especially in 3d. I didn't think the electric plant showdown worked, but that was offset by the top notch way Gwens death was handled.

I'm with JYE on this one.
:lol

Last edited:
Personally I would have loved to see Mary Jane in this, but people are complaining of too many characters as it is.

Same here, and I think the too many characters criticism is a fair one, but after seeing the movie, it makes me wonder if the Mary Jane scenes were excised to make room for more Sinister Six stuff. It almost seems like they had a certain vision going in (like continuing the story about Peter's parents), and had to change direction, midstream to focus more on the stuff leading up to the Sinister Six movie. It's difficult to know whether the MJ scenes would have made the movie any better without having the benefit of seeing them, but either way, it would have been interesting to see the scenes on the bluray, at least as deleted scenes.

That's very very subjective.

IMO the only action scene that sticks in my mind from DOFP was Quicksilvers, but I enjoyed the movie a lot.
Nothing from Raimi Spiderman came close to the sheer sophistication and realism of the Spidey action in ASM2.
Especially in 3d. I didn't think the electric plant showdown worked, but that was offset by the top notch way Gwens death was handled.

I'm with JYE on this one.

I'm with pturtle on this one. :lol

Wait.....

If ASM 2 was the worst cbm this year, we made out alright. :lol

:lol I actually liked ASM better than ASM2. And even with the hokey wardrobes and blowdryer Sentinels, DofP nuked it from orbit. It was extreeeeemely lacking. There was a lot of "cheating" and taking the audience for granted in the multiple plot lines, as well as just some really hokey stuff that I felt was worse than GI Joe: RoC (as far as effects). But I won't expand on how I felt about it given there's be a certain contingent here who can't discuss this movie like adults and will run to the mods/DLD with tittybaby rants about trolling because they can't fathom the inverse opinion on a movie they're completely hyperbolic about. :wink1:

I will admit that DOFP had the best build up of tension as it went along, even more so than Cap 2.

But nothing can touch Cap 2 in the action set pieces, nothing...nada.

Back