The Amazing Spider Man 2 (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
See, but the Raimi films are tripe to me. Zero emotional depth, goofy, slapstick that was just as off-target as people claim ASM was. Parker has zero redeemable qualites and is impossible to identify with. He's a stalker virgin. Theres a bumbling kid who makes mistakes, and theres being incapable of absolutely anything, from delivering a pizza to just walking down a street without tripping over himself, Raimi's Parker had to be autistic, not simply a nerd. Hated the Erectile Dysfuction "i can't be spiderman becuase my webs don't shoot" SM2 storyline and 3 has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. The first would be an ok movie if the effects held up but they don't. The Goblin time square fight is embarassingly bad CGI. The Doc Ock fight was fun right upto Parker revealed himself to hundreds of people as Spiderman but outside of the fight scenes, meh.

I would have to disagree but this is where opinions differ. I identify more with raimis parker than I do Webbs but I think Garfield is an infinitely better actor. Sometimes the slapstick routine got old and yes the fight in times square is bad. But the "I don't want to be spider-man" plot is the best part of spider-man 2 because up until then he's put everyone but himself first and it's the first time he's living life for himself, but then he realizes he doesn't have a choice to be Spider-man, it's his responsibility and his epic come back fight with Ock on the train is one of the best super hero moments ever. Garfield doesn't have a sense of responsibility, he's spider-man because he thinks it's cool and he's better at doing the cops job and wants them to know it. He comes off more as an entitled athlete who thinks he's the best where as raimis spider-man is your local fire fighter who will risk everything to save just one life, and that's what makes him a more redeemable spider-man to me. But again that's just my opinion and why I prefer Raimis spider-man. I also don't think ASM is horrible either, it's ok, I like it, and I'll be seeing the new one, hopefully I can say I love it after I see it.

So here we have Spidey fighting Iron Monger oops i mean Rhyno, then a blonde surfer type Green Goblin. Why couldn't they just take the unused GG prosthetic from Raimi 1st Spidey film and adapt and improve it if possible? Harry Osborn works well in Raimi's trilogy because he's given time and more important he's given a reallistic motive. Whether this Harry Osborn/GG works as well is to be seen but i doubt it will, at least Electro looks the part and should save the film.

Rhino looks nothing like Monger. As for Harry's goblin while I liked Franco's version of the character this Harry has a more malicious streak to him

Rhino looks nothing like Monger.

Its the same concept of a man in an oversized armoured battle suit, stick a metal Rhyno shaped head complete with horn on Iron Monger and hey presto you've got ASM2's Rhyno. May be after the last film they didn't want to do another human/animal hybrid-esque character?

I loved how unashamedly villainous he was. He's just a career criminal who was revelling in his control and power. I view him as the most comic booky Villian in all marvel movies. When the news report came on with "a Man in some kindof rhino armoured suit is wreaking damage in midtown" I just thought to myself 'that like a panel right out of a spider-Man issue'.

Its the same concept of a man in an oversized armoured battle suit, stick a metal Rhyno shaped head complete with horn on Iron Monger and hey presto you've got ASM2's Rhyno. May be after the last film they didn't want to do another human/animal hybrid-esque character?

I agree they didn't want to do another mutation so went the Ultimate route but y'know I think that's kinda the problem with the comics. Characters and power sets are very similar. Look at Falcon/Vulture. Sentinels/Iron Man. Backlash/Omega Red and others.

Yeah, that's what it is. A highly entertaining, colorful, at times very touching and impressive, mess.
I really enjoyed it. Personally it was my favorite Spiderman movie to date.

If you go into the movie already hating it, your not going to find anything there to change your opinion.
If you go in willing to give it a go, there's a lot to enjoy.
Particularly the performances.
:)

I personally was waiting to hear what YOU thought of it along with a few others. Thx!

I loved how unashamedly villainous he was. He's just a career criminal who was revelling in his control and power. I view him as the most comic booky Villian in all marvel movies. When the news report came on with "a Man in some kindof rhino armoured suit is wreaking damage in midtown" I just thought to myself 'that like a panel right out of a spider-Man issue'.

I agree they didn't want to do another mutation so went the Ultimate route but y'know I think that's kinda the problem with the comics. Characters and power sets are very similar. Look at Falcon/Vulture. Sentinels/Iron Man. Backlash/Omega Red and others.

Yeah thats very true, i doubt they'll do Shocker now as he's to close to Electro for them.

My god, I thought this was the most disappointing superhero movie since Wolverine Origins, IMO. :( I also thought it felt like Spidey 3 all over again but maybe a tad worse? If anything, I did absolutely love the new suit, it's near perfect.

I dunno I guess I'm just not a fan of where this franchise was headed since I didn't care too much for the first movie either. It's a shame. I really wanted to like this one too. If they wanted to go the Ultimate route, they should have just followed it. Cause so far, the only thing That was clearly Ultimate based was blue Electro.

Lol one thing I loved about the old films it's will be hard to top Dafoe.

Cranston would have been a perfect Osborn. Too close to Walt I suppose but awesome none the less.

But for JJJ, I don't see anyone topping Simmons.

Cranston would have been a perfect Osborn. Too close to Walt I suppose but awesome none the less.

Forgot about him IMO perfect casting for him the way he acted on screen it was straight from the comic book.

Yeah thats very true, i doubt they'll do Shocker now as he's to close to Electro for them.

Shocker could be done as like a hitman or thug for another, have his gauntlets fire sonic waves rather than electrical bolts

So basically the SSM cartoon Shocker not the 90s cartoon Shocker.

My god, I thought this was the most disappointing superhero movie since Wolverine Origins, IMO. :( I also thought it felt like Spidey 3 all over again but maybe a tad worse? If anything, I did absolutely love the new suit, it's near perfect.

I dunno I guess I'm just not a fan of where this franchise was headed since I didn't care too much for the first movie either. It's a shame. I really wanted to like this one too. If they wanted to go the Ultimate route, they should have just followed it. Cause so far, the only thing That was clearly Ultimate based was blue Electro.

Where did you see it?

And with Webb talking all that **** about being a huge fan of Simmons, I was hoping he'd drop in, even if at cameo introductory level. 2 Spidey movies in a row with no JJJ, what a huge ****ing question mark. Especially when its being referred to as bloated, how about a better crafted story and include key people from the Spidey mythos.

I personally was waiting to hear what YOU thought of it along with a few others. Thx!

I think you will love it mate.
It really is a pity we have seen so much of it already in clips and trailers. It suffers from that "that bit is from this trailer" syndrome when you watch it for the first time. Which is actually quite distracting, but the reason that the film works for me, is Spiderman. It's Spiderman, Garfield is great. And the world they have created feels like anything can happen, it has that lightness but still a sense of reality with the relationships. And a particular scene which I will spoiler below is handled extremely well.

Negatives? The edit feels rushed. Messy. The opening whilst impressive is the wrong way to open the movie IMO. It sets the wrong tone. And one sequence of shot near the end of the movie let down the other very impressive VFX. But compared to the Lizard in the first this is at a different level of sophistication.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back