The Amazing Spider Man 2 (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When avengers came out I confused as **** when it came out before the US. I dont know why superhero movies are doing this now.

I like that we in the UK get it earlier rather than later, though not sure why its not Globally the same day?

We in UK get tmnt over 2 months later than the USA though.

We also got Need for speed and another (can't think of it) a month or more later

I think the reasoning behind some movies being released overseas earlier is that international box office is more important now than before.

Why is that a problem? In my case we get a few movies earlier, but most of them come days if not weeks later, This Is The End for instance, didn't even make it all the way here :lol

It should be the same day though, that would be cool.

Americans just don't actually go to the movies as much anymore and when the lure of 3D didn't do the trick, they figured why not hit the global market harder?

Overall, I don't see it necessarily that the economy is so much worse than everyone else (it's still bad) but that the movie industry as a whole is declining. Nothing but sequels and superheros.

:lol Aside from a very small amount of huge studios, there's simply not alot of profit to be had. Disney is a monster right now and the envy of the industry which is still contracting bigtime.

King Mickey will soon rule the world. im telling you. He's just bidding his time up in his little castle look down on us mere humans. Marvel, star wars, sports, strip clubs that are disney themed, disney brand condoms. That mouse has it all right now and it wont be long til he puts mouse ears on the earth. Its his world, we just live in it.

tumblr_lmqyrdtO2P1qhnyjso1_500.gif

That's a crazy little rant. The majority of movies open first in US and still do. Sony are simply trying to ensure they maximise their profit potential on this, who can blame them they need over 700 million in returns to be in a good place with ASM2.

Second class movie citizens. :lol let me get out my tiny violin.
Griping about spoilers ahead of release? That's what everyone outside of US have had to deal with their whole lives and didn't ***** about it.
Avoid the internet if it's that important, oh no you can't, cause your writing for a film gossip site.
:lol

He should go and read Deadline to understand what Sony are doing with this.
The world is most certainly not one market now.

Are spoilers ok in this thread yet? Man I really hated this movie. It started off good, great romance story, special effects great (although the CGI was disappointing in some places considering this is 2014) and the acting was superb... but closer to the ending they ruined it all with the story. I hated the first one, well.. ok I thought it was decent, but bad in comparison with Sam Raimi's classic Spider-Man trilogy. Now considering what they did to this movie I'm not sure I could ever watch it again or the first Amazing Spider-Man movie... I was going to give it another chance but now they've just killed it.. what's the point..? Ughh... :monkey2

Are spoilers ok in this thread yet? Man I really hated this movie. It started off good, great romance story, special effects great (although the CGI was disappointing in some places considering this is 2014) and the acting was superb... but closer to the ending they ruined it all with the story. I hated the first one, well.. ok I thought it was decent, but bad in comparison with Sam Raimi's classic Spider-Man trilogy. Now considering what they did to this movie I'm not sure I could ever watch it again or the first Amazing Spider-Man movie... I was going to give it another chance but now they've just killed it.. what's the point..? Ughh... :monkey2

Yeah the second half was rushed and very forced. The Electro story should have been scrapped in favour of building Harry's character and transformation.

Yeah the second half was rushed and very forced. The Electro story should have been scrapped in favour of building Harry's character and transformation.

That too. Well.. I'm not going to watch these for a while.. going to give them another shot a couple of months from now and see how I feel about them.

The majority of movies open first in US and still do.

Griping about spoilers ahead of release?
That's what everyone outside of US have had to deal with their whole lives and didn't ***** about it.
Avoid the internet if it's that important, oh no you can't :lol

The world is most certainly not one market.

:goodpost: :exactly: :slap

you can just spoiler box it, what happened towards the end that ruined it for you?

Back