The Amazing Spider Man 2 (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nam you weren't here for any discussion on TWS were you. What'd you think of THAT movie? :rock

Unfortunately, a squirmy son had me bailing to TRU because it was more politically charged than Superhero, but from what I saw, loved it and thought it was the best MCU for adults. GotG was great as well, but you really can't compare the two since GotG was meant to be unadulterated fun vs. TWS's serious story.

This movie sucks. It's like Bodie sending poop and Jonas Brother pictures bad... DAMMIT!!!

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:rotfl

Nice to see you back Nam.

Guardians was ****ing great IMO. Just what these type of movies should be.
I didn't warm to TWS, well because there was nothing to warm to. But I did think the action scenes were outstanding. But Cap and Widow were as sterile and cold as ice. First Cap movie I actually didn't like Evans in. As I've said before technically amazing but pretty joyless and completely out of place with the rest of the current Marvel movies.

ASM2? Well, I can tell you hate it already, but personally the sheer exhilaration of seeing the opening Spidey shots on a huge screen in 3D justified the entire movie for me. Did it all work? nah, not at all. But some of it was really great. I guess a lot of peoples subjectivity is based on whether they liked Raimi's movies or not. I'm in the Not category.

ASM2? Well, I can tell you hate it already, but personally the sheer exhilaration of seeing the opening Spidey shots on a huge screen in 3D justified the entire movie for me. Did it all work? nah, not at all. But some of it was really great. I guess a lot of peoples subjectivity is based on whether they liked Raimi's movies or not. I'm in the Not category.

For me it was like Superman Returns, where you have that great airplane scene and then... :yuck

For me it was like Superman Returns, where you have that great airplane scene and then... :yuck

Yeah, I think Emma Stone, Sally Field, Chris Cooper and yes Garfield keep me going between the vertigo VFX scenes. I have a soft spot for the music as well. It's fun.
Mind you I liked quite a bit of Returns as well. But some of that fell flat on it's face in the boring sections.

The airplane sequence, could be put alongside the Spidey NYC scenes in ASM2 as a really impressive modern superhero montage.
Maybe a bit of Batman Begins and TDK as well. But nothing from Rises.

:lol

Unfortunately, a squirmy son had me bailing to TRU because it was more politically charged than Superhero

Yeah, I really wanted TWS to be my four year old boy's first live-action theatrical movie but he's a squirmy one too and I just didn't think he'd be up for it. He was even ready to bail on The Lego Movie halfway through. :lol He should be good by the time AoU rolls around though.

Yeah, I really wanted TWS to be my four year old boy's first live-action theatrical movie but he's a squirmy one too and I just didn't think he'd be up for it. He was even ready to bail on The Lego Movie halfway through. :lol He should be good by the time AoU rolls around though.

Yeah, I think mine'll do just fine for Ultron, assuming Joss keeps the same formula from the first one. I'm more curious to see how he'll be with Ant Man. :lol

ASM had the best action IMO. The way he moved and fought was pure Spidey.

Yea, ASM school fight was pretty good, just didn’t last long enough for me, but dat train scene in Spiderman 2 is probably still the best action scene in a superhero movie.

Now that I finally saw this on Blu Ray, I was kind of disappointed how they handled the Gwen Stacey death. As a comic fan I knew it was evident, because it's a part of spidey history, but I felt sorry for the little kids or people who don't follow the comics, I think they ruined it early on that something was going to happen to Gwen with showing her father's ghost and then the whole Gwen going to London, leaving Peter someway hinted too much. I'm pretty sure people knew she was going to die by the middle of the film.

I also was annoyed by the fact that Hollywood had to tie everything to Oscorp. Max, Rhino, Richard Parker working for Osborne etc. Why couldn't they give everybody a separate storyline like in the comics.

Now the one thing I loved was the Spidey suit in the film. Man did they finally got it right. It looked fantastic and an absolute vessel to just work with in upcoming spidey films. They nailed the basic design now they can just improve on it.

I might not like Garfield, still don't, but he does a convincing spidey personality pretty well. I actually believed him cracking the jokes this time then in ASM. Maybe Garfield just needed to evolve in the roll.

The whole harry transforming into a an actual Goblin was bizarre, but I guess they got the idea from the Ultimate Spider-man. I just thought he looked awful, but I guess Raimi's version wasn't any better. But Dehann has nothing on Willem Dafoe :lecture

The rest of the film is meh and what a horrible ending for Electro he just explodes with no resolve of the character. No final lines? Or did I miss something.

All in all they need to get another director or sony needs to sell the rights back to Marvel and have Marvel films bring back the franchise.

I also was annoyed by the fact that Hollywood had to tie everything to Oscorp. Max, Rhino, Richard Parker working for Osborne etc. Why couldn't they give everybody a separate storyline like in the comics.

I think the idea for that came from the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon. Doing them all separate would probably take too much time, kinda like SHIELD in the MCU it serves as a central for the characters to gather around rather than them all being all over the place.

All in all they need to get another director or sony needs to sell the rights back to Marvel and have Marvel films bring back the franchise.

A new Director or just less studio interference would be best.

I'm annoyed they delayed ASM3. Would much prefer that first then Sinister Six a year later

Yea, ASM school fight was pretty good, just didn’t last long enough for me, but dat train scene in Spiderman 2 is probably still the best action scene in a superhero movie.

Agreed

ASM had the best action IMO. The way he moved and fought was pure Spidey.

:exactly:
Maybe that's why I was so forgiving of some of their other .... 'choices' made with this flick. Spidey was the comic brought to life, now they just need a good vessel to capture that in.

I have a question, it's my understanding that the amazing spider-man 2 was filmed in iMAX right?
Therefore, if this is correct, why does the blu ray have the black bars? Shouldn't it fill a full screen?

I think the idea for that came from the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon. Doing them all separate would probably take too much time, kinda like SHIELD in the MCU it serves as a central for the characters to gather around rather than them all being all over the place.

Was that the one that was on MTV. I never saw that one

You can't mean the one that was on Fox in the 90's because that series, no villain except maybe Scorpion was tied to Oscorp. And I think Electro was part of the Red Skull storyline which made no sense whatsoever :slap
A

I have a question, it's my understanding that the amazing spider-man 2 was filmed in iMAX right?
Therefore, if this is correct, why does the blu ray have the black bars? Shouldn't it fill a full screen?

Wasn't the blu ray rendered in 4K though

Negative, last cbm filmed in the 15/70 format was TDKR.

ASM 2 was entirely filmed in NYC, maybe you're thinking of that?

Back