The Amazing Spider Man 2 (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you are aware people can use their mouths to describe movies to others right? you are aware of this? should i explain how reviews work? i have some time :wink1:

Just seems to be some pretty bold assessments coming from somebody who hasn't seen the movie that's all.

From everything you've been saying I assumed you had.

Not to mention that tendancy of some ("some" being the key word, not "you") to only take into account the reviews that match their negative prejudice.

Example...

*ignores positive review, ignores another positive review, ignores another positive review, ignores another positive review, ignores another positive review, ignores another positive review, ignores another positive review...

...finds negative review...*

"This movie looks like it's getting trashed in the reviews, just as I expected"

Last edited:
The new Spidey theme is awesome. I hope they keep it for the next film.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm really looking forward to this. Enjoyed the first one a lot and this one looks just as promising. I used to like the Raimi movies back in the day (when I was still in High School and stupid), but now I can't even get myself to watch them; even briefly. :lol

I'm really looking forward to this. Enjoyed the first one a lot and this one looks just as promising. I used to like the Raimi movies back in the day (when I was still in High School and stupid), but now I can't even get myself to watch them; even briefly. :lol

I feel the same way the stories arent bad its the actors most of them are awful.

I am looking forward to this one in a way I didn't look forward to ASM. I hope it's a good film. I hope I like Garfield in this one. Getting excited waiting.

This was one part of the movie I really liked, and I continue to enjoy about Garfields Peter. He uses his Brain.

That was always one of the best aspects of the older Spidery stories. How he would face a stronger opponent, but come back after he figured out a workaround. That and the leet underoos. :yess:

The new Spidey theme is awesome. I hope they keep it for the next film.

It's funny because it's almost the exact same group that worked on the "Man of Steel" soundtrack. Both Hans Zimmer and Pharrell Williams were part of that team.

It's funny because it's almost the exact same group that worked on the "Man of Steel" soundtrack. Both Hans Zimmer and Pharrell Williams were part of that team.

Really? I thought this was the first time they collaborated. Spidey's theme feels really heroic this time around.

Just came back from seeing this, it was a pretty damn fun movie, very very fun indeed, the action was pretty badass, the story was ok, it had good moments but it wasn't well balanced, the tone wasn't all that well set and the pacing felt odd, but none of that impeded my enjoyment.

I'm not quite fond of Garfield's performance as Peter, as Spiderman he's great, he's the best Spiderman I've seen, as Peter Parker he's really meh, mostly because the character is not what I remember from the few comics I've read and the cartoons, at least he's not at all the ********* people used to say he was.

Foxx as Electro was freaking fantastic, a typical comic book villain, he almost makes the dull design look cool, he is really good.

I didn't care for the Goblin at lot, I thought it'd be a stronger character.

Overall I think it deserves a 7.5/10

Just came back from seeing this, it was a pretty damn fun movie, very very fun indeed, the action was pretty badass, the story was ok, it had good moments but it wasn't well balanced, the tone wasn't all that well set and the pacing felt odd, but none of that impeded my enjoyment.

I'm not quite fond of Garfield's performance as Peter, as Spiderman he's great, he's the best Spiderman I've seen, as Peter Parker he's really meh, mostly because the character is not what I remember from the few comics I've read and the cartoons, at least he's not at all the ********* people used to say he was.

Foxx as Electro was freaking fantastic, a typical comic book villain, he almost makes the dull design look cool, he is really good.

I didn't care for the Goblin at lot, I thought it'd be a stronger character.

Overall I think it deserves a 7.5/10

Great review Gasp :clap

I think Garfield’s Peter Parker is pretty spot on when you compare him to the Ultimate comics version. He’s still a good person, but a little more edgy. The 616 universe portrays him as a bit of a saint sometimes.

Great review Gasp :clap

I think Garfield’s Peter Parker is pretty spot on when you compare him to the Ultimate comics version. He’s still a good person, but a little more edgy. The 616 universe portrays him as a bit of a saint sometimes.

Thanks, well like I've said before I don't know much of Spiderman other than the 90's cartoon and a very few comics I've read back in the day.

I just thought it was odd how insultingly cool and smooth Peter was :lol when he's supposed to be a nerd who struggles to pay his bills and such :lol that's how I remember him of the media I've seen.

Thanks, well like I've said before I don't know much of Spiderman other than the 90's cartoon and a very few comics I've read back in the day.

I just thought it was odd how insultingly cool and smooth Peter was :lol when he's supposed to be a nerd who struggles to pay his bills and such :lol that's how I remember him of the media I've seen.

He certainly can be a little more nerdy, I’m hoping we see some of that once we see him working at the Bugle.

The soundtrack was pretty cool, I usually hate brostep, but this mix of instrumental and complextro works pretty well for Electro, Zimmer is definitely one of the best and most prolific composers of the decade.

Also the Spidey theme was freaking heroic.

Man I can't get over how great Electro was, definitely Electro and Spidey were the best parts of the movie.

The soundtrack was pretty cool, I usually hate brostep, but this mix of instrumental and complextro works pretty well for Electro, Zimmer is definitely one of the best and most prolific composers of the decade.

Also the Spidey theme was freaking heroic.

Man I can't get over how great Electro was, definitely Electro and Spidey were the best parts of the movie.

Did you see it IMAX 3D?

Back