The Amazing Spider Man 2 (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Avi Arad forces his ideas onto the production.

"Keeds like a da venom, it MUST have venom."

But venom is popular and pretty much the most popular spidey villian. I dont care what people say Green goblin is not the most popular venom is and for some unknown reason Raimi didnt want venom so he had to push for him. I'm not for avi arad in anyway but the fanbase wants venom. Its like having a batman franchise without joker. Venom is is just a huge part in the spidey mythos that changed the game.

The whole black suit arc was amazing and would of made an amazing movie if it was ever or ever is adapted properly.

Venom is for keeds or 90s bois.

Green Goblin is the equivalence of the Joker and Red Skull not "trendy, anti-Spider-Manz". That symbiote **** is stupid, just as bad as the clone saga.

But venom is popular and pretty much the most popular spidey villian. I dont care what people say Green goblin is not the most popular venom is and for some unknown reason Raimi didnt want venom so he had to push for him. I'm not for avi arad in anyway but the fanbase wants venom. Its like having a batman franchise without joker. Venom is is just a huge part in the spidey mythos that changed the game.

The whole black suit arc was amazing and would of made an amazing movie if it was ever or ever is adapted properly.

Raimi was right not to want Venom. The character requires a multiple film buildup, not shoehorned into a single movie like SM3. And given how Harry/Goblin was treated here, I have little faith they'd actually commit to a proper build-up.

Last edited:
And then he just made his own black suit for "stealth" missions? Or was black suit Spidey always a symbiote? I didn't follow Spider-Man enough during that time to get a clear grasp of it.

Back then, I'm pretty sure it was always the alien symbiote. More recently he chose to wore a black cloth costume (inspiration for the "Back in Black" Sideshow statue), but it was just show that he was serious or something.

Venom is for keeds or 90s bois.

Green Goblin is the equivalence of the Joker and Red Skull not "trendy, anti-Spider-Manz". That symbiote **** is stupid, just as bad as the clone saga.

Venom is the only villian that made spidey fear for his life and run at that time. Green goblin just kept coming back and getting his ass kicked. green goblin is fo da oldie 70 boies.

Venom is the only villian that made spidey fear for his life and run at that time. Green goblin just kept coming back and getting his ass kicked. green goblin is fo da oldie 70 boies.

You could just as easily taken the higher road and countered with the fact that Venom was such a hit, he spawned Ravage, Anti-Venom, etc., all who've had some commercial success in their own right.

They need to introduce the Symbiote suit in Sinister Six. Before OSCORP can use it as a weapon, Parker gets a hold of it and uses it to help him defeat the Six but it plays off his emotions over a dead Gwen so he has to get rid of it. Then use it for a Venom movie.

They way they were talking about "venom" in ASM2 makes me think it won't be an alien symbiote at all, but something derived from that spider venom Harry injected into himself. Because of that, seems they could just bypass the idea of having Spidey with the black suit altogether.

They way they were talking about "venom" in ASM2 makes me think it won't be an alien symbiote at all, but something derived from that spider venom Harry injected into himself. Because of that, seems they could just bypass the idea of having Spidey with the black suit altogether.

Wouldn't be the first time they've completely bastardized a back story. :lol

This franchise doesn't seem very concerned with that stuff (several arch enemies are apparently created at Osborne Industries; Norman isn't the first Goblin), and it would be just as well to me so long as they figure out how to tell a good story period.

This franchise doesn't seem very concerned with that stuff (several arch enemies are apparently created at Osborne Industries; Norman isn't the first Goblin), and it would be just as well to me so long as they figure out how to tell a good story period.

That would seem well beyond their capability. Their only concern is continually barfing out garbage to keep the license.

Back