The Amazing Spider Man 2 (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Negative, last cbm filmed in the 15/70 format was TDKR.

ASM 2 was entirely filmed in NYC, maybe you're thinking of that?

I meant filmed with iMAX cameras sorry, so usually you don't get the black bars. Maybe I am wrong.

:lol I actually liked ASM better than ASM2. And even with the hokey wardrobes and blowdryer Sentinels, DofP nuked it from orbit. It was extreeeeemely lacking. There was a lot of "cheating" and taking the audience for granted in the multiple plot lines, as well as just some really hokey stuff that I felt was worse than GI Joe: RoC (as far as effects). But I won't expand on how I felt about it given there's be a certain contingent here who can't discuss this movie like adults and will run to the mods/DLD with tittybaby rants about trolling because they can't fathom the inverse opinion on a movie they're completely hyperbolic about. :wink1:

bane.....city.jpg

So you come back to die with your forum.

No but seriously you cant rant and rave away. Im sure nobody will fight you. Now that we actually saw the movie we all can agree that it wasnt the spiderman movie we all wanted and is defiantly not perfect. Taking a step back the movie could of been much better than this and I hope that they either sell spiderman or go in a new direction. I hate this whole find my parents angle they are going for.

So yea you can say whatever cuz now that we've seen it the majority may or may not agree with you depending on how they feel about the movie. but everyone here knows the movie wasnt all that good.

Just watched the film last night and got to agree with most people that it was a bit lame. I didn't really like the way the handeled Harry or the Goblin it just seemed way to contrived likewise the 5 min Rhino apperance didn't really work.

Electro was ok I thought, better than I had expected and I would even consider buying a figure. The whole Parkers parents thing didn't work for me either A for effort I guess but an F for actual presentation, it didn't add anything to the movie.

The highlight by far was the death of Gwen Stacy, I remember reading it in the comics and being shocked that someone actually died, for real, no coming back it was very powerfull and the overhead shot in the film mimiced perfectly the frame I remember from the comic, the same clothing, the same position of the body, it really struck a cord.

Spidermans costume was good, the action scenes with him were good however his wise cracking dialoge was extremlely wooden and not very wise cracking and the Peter Parker was so far removed from the comic that he became a stranger which may be what the whole 're-boot' was suppose to do but for me just detracts from what I loved about Spiderman in the first place.

View attachment 131053

So you come back to die with your forum.

No but seriously you cant rant and rave away. Im sure nobody will fight you. Now that we actually saw the movie we all can agree that it wasnt the spiderman movie we all wanted and is defiantly not perfect. Taking a step back the movie could of been much better than this and I hope that they either sell spiderman or go in a new direction. I hate this whole find my parents angle they are going for.

So yea you can say whatever cuz now that we've seen it the majority may or may not agree with you depending on how they feel about the movie. but everyone here knows the movie wasnt all that good.

:nono I came back to defeat you and your little floozie bad actress. So go ahead and cry now, because you're gonna die a virgin. :nana:

Honestly, I don't really understand why most of you didn't see that coming. We did, from Freezlectro's bad oatmeal make-up to his magically disappearing leather unitard and DiCaprio Goblin. Maybe if they'd gone the flashback route so viewers actually gave a **** about the relationship between Parker and Osborne, it might have helped, instead of taking the lazy route and pretending the characters in the story have been friends forever - despite no Harry appearance at Uncle Ben's funeral? It's really a mind**** to see them get Spidey so right in the first 5 minutes of the film only to spend the rest of the flick squeezing out bigger turd after bigger turd to **** on what they accomplished in the intro.

Maybe ASM3 can introduce Mary Jane as his "other" best friend that has been living next door to him since childhood who just happened to be standing a couple feet off camera through all of ASM1 and ASM2. :lol

:nono I came back to defeat you and your little floozie bad actress. So go ahead and cry now, because you're gonna die a virgin. :nana:

Honestly, I don't really understand why most of you didn't see that coming. We did, from Freezlectro's bad oatmeal make-up to his magically disappearing leather unitard and DiCaprio Goblin. Maybe if they'd gone the flashback route so viewers actually gave a **** about the relationship between Parker and Osborne, it might have helped, instead of taking the lazy route and pretending the characters in the story have been friends forever - despite no Harry appearance at Uncle Ben's funeral? It's really a mind**** to see them get Spidey so right in the first 5 minutes of the film only to spend the rest of the flick squeezing out bigger turd after bigger turd to **** on what they accomplished in the intro.

True.... the harry relationship was poorly done in my eyes. Same with the universe building and parent origin.

Maybe ASM3 can introduce Mary Jane as his "other" best friend that has been living next door to him since childhood who just happened to be standing a couple feet off camera through all of ASM1 and ASM2. :lol

Yup, getting so sick of the continual Raimi bashing (not just here) to put this blatantly inferior product over one that at least had a respect and even general understanding of the source material. They really had a moment to do something interesting by replicating Gwen's comic death and humble the ********* Parker, but completely failed at that too.

These reboots have really made me appreciate the Raimi series a lot more, I find myself even enjoying Spiderman 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These reboots have really made me appreciate the Raimi series a lot more, I find myself even enjoying Spiderman 3.

Remove Venom and X-Games Goblin, keep the symbiote origin and Sandman, and it's a great story. I didn't think Sandman would work on the big screen and he's the only one who did in that flick.

I agree, but also take out Sandman as Uncle Ben's real killer, and maybe rework how he became Sandman. I love his transformation scene, but it's pretty damn convenient for Uncle Ben's killer to just accidentally fall into a Sandman maker haha.

I agree, but also take out Sandman as Uncle Ben's real killer, and maybe rework how he became Sandman. I love his transformation scene, but it's pretty damn convenient for Uncle Ben's killer to just accidentally fall into a Sandman maker haha.

While I agree about the coincidence, I actually didn't mind that aspect because it added depth to Raimi's Spider-Man, having to confront Ben's killer as a bigger, badder villain. And then, in classic Marvel fashion, we're all forced to understand and be somewhat sympathetic toward him. A concept sorely missing from Web's movies. The Lizard's stupid need to make the world into lizard people strips him of any sympathy regarding his condition. Max was a joke from beginning to end and the German doctor made what should've been a sympathetic scene, ridiculously absurd. Goblin was a selfish kid who you have zero sympathy for given he throws a huge tantrum every time he doesn't get his way. Don't even get me started on Rhino...

At this point, I'd argue that Sinister Six is not salvageable and a follow-up ASM3 will be even worse if it even happens vs. a complete reboot.

:lol :lol :lol

And they can pretend there was a complex and profound childhood friendship there too. Off-screen. Lucas-style.

I think there's hope for S6, it's being written and directed by someone else, that's already a huge plus.

:lol :lol :lol

And they can pretend there was a complex and profound childhood friendship there too. Off-screen. Lucas-style.

*Peter saves MJ for the first time on screen in ASM3*

Peter: "Wow MJ that's the 10th time I've saved you."

MJ: "Nine times. That business on Cato Nemoidia doesn't count."

:monkey1

I'll still take ASM2 over the Raimi movies any day. SM1 and SM2 are really good but neither of those make me smile like a kid when watching Spidey in action, and really, that's the whole point of these movies. Sure it is possible for things to get deal breakingly bad no matter how good the action looks but ASM 2 never does.

The thing with Peter and Harry's past friendship isn't so much that their reunion in ASM2 is bad or poorly done, it just feels strange in light of the fact that there was no mention of it whatsoever in ASM1. Normally a scene like that in a Part II builds off of something established in Part I. So rather than get hung up over the fact that ASM2 drops this "friendship" out of the blue I'm just going to pretend that it was a failing of ASM1 not to establish it in advance. :)

The thing with Peter and Harry's past friendship isn't so much that their reunion in ASM2 is bad or poorly done, it just feels strange in light of the fact that there was no mention of it whatsoever in ASM1. Normally a scene like that in a Part II builds off of something established in Part I. So rather than get hung up over the fact that ASM2 drops this "friendship" out of the blue I'm just going to pretend that it was a failing of ASM1 not to establish it in advance. :)

Which does absolutely nothing to improve on the overall lack of quality in ASM2. :lol

I'll still take ASM2 over the Raimi movies any day. SM1 and SM2 are really good but neither of those make me smile like a kid when watching Spidey in action, and really, that's the whole point of these movies. Sure it is possible for things to get deal breakingly bad no matter how good the action looks but ASM 2 never does.

Granted I've only seen ASM2 once but I presently feel that the action of SM2 and even SM3 trumps that aspect of the newer one.

Back