The Amazing Spider Man 2 (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the feedback you guys have given has me extremely excited, but I don’t see how Snake Eater lost any kind of “argument”. He simply stated he didn’t enjoy the film, gave reasons like you guys, which he has every right to do since he actually saw the film, unlike some other members here who are “hating” on the movie based on selective reviews. This film seems to have the fans split so far.

:exactly::lecture

Everybody reserves the right to like or dislike the film, it's not a matter of who's right or wrong :slap

I personally really enjoyed the film but I respect the opinion shown by Snake. Superhero films always divide opinion more than any other genre of film and this one will be no different.

The reasons I enjoyed the film

1. Garfield plays Spidey better than anybody else to date. Perfect in the suit, displaying effortless agility. In and out of the suit he gets the charm and cockyness just perfect as well as the vulnerability.
2. The chemistry and story arc played out between Peter and Gwen is superb! Them two really nail it, especially one particular moment that I can't mention through fear of spoiling.
3. It's just fantastic fun like a Spiderman film should be. This isn't Batman or Superman, it's Spiderman and it needs to be fun, sharp and zingy.
4. Like Rory pointed out, some of the webslinging scenes are just incredible, definitely the best we have seen so far and especially the opening sequence through NY.
5. I thought DeHann and Fox are great as the Goblin and Electro respectively.
6. At 2hr and 20mins I never got twitchy, I was completed entertained from beginning to end.
7. A scene between Parker and Aunt May is genuinely touching!

Everybody reserves the right to like or dislike the film, it's not a matter of who's right or wrong :slap

I personally really enjoyed the film but I respect the opinion shown by Snake. Superhero films always divide opinion more than any other genre of film and this one will be no different.

1. Garfield plays Spidey better than anybody else to date. Perfect in the suit, displaying effortless agility. In and out of the suit he gets the charm and cockyness just perfect as well as the vulnerability.
2. The chemistry and story arc played out between Peter and Gwen is superb! Them two really nail it, especially one particular moment that I can't mention through fear of spoiling.
3. It's just fantastic fun like a Spiderman film should be. This isn't Batman or Superman, it's Spiderman and it needs to be fun, sharp and zingy.
4. Like Rory pointed out, some of the webslinging scenes are just incredible, definitely the best we have seen so far and especially the opening sequence through NY.
6. At 2hr and 20mins I never got twitchy, I was completed entertained from beginning to end.

This is the kind of feedback that has me excited. I didn’t expect this movie to really go the “fun” route, being a sequel to ASM1. Some people don’t like that, but I think it fits Spidey perfectly.

Excellent review! You found like a guy who truly understands Spidey like myself! ;)

Spidey is Marvel's wisecracking, "everyday-man" superhero. He'll crack jokes in the most serious situations and has never REALLY TAKEN HIMSELF SERIOUSLY! Some people don't seem to get that. Spidey is a goofball and shows it in his actions and his words. He's a funny nerd who is fortunate to inherit incredible power and learns that heavy responsibility comes with it through his experiences as Peter Parker and Spider-man. If you want a "stone cold serious" hero, go watch Nolan's Batman over and over and over again. He uses his wisecracks even to upset his villains so he can get an advantage by angering them.

This is the kind of feedback that has me excited. I didn’t expect this movie to really go the “fun” route, being a sequel to ASM1. Some people don’t like that, but I think it fits Spidey perfectly.

It's not perfect and I prefer ASM1 to be honest, however, it is still a thoroughly entertaining Spidey film :)

Excellent review! You found like a guy who truly understands Spidey like myself! ;)

Spidey is Marvel's wisecracking, "everyday-man" superhero. He'll crack jokes in the most serious situations and has never REALLY TAKEN HIMSELF SERIOUSLY! Some people don't seem to get that. Spidey is a goofball and shows it in his actions and his words. He's a funny nerd who is fortunate to inherit incredible power and learns that heavy responsibility comes with it through his experiences as Peter Parker and Spider-man. If you want a "stone cold serious" hero, go watch Nolan's Batman over and over and over again. He uses his wisecracks even to upset his villains so he can get an advantage by angering them.

:duff that has always been my understanding of the character as well, which is why I am really enjoying Webb's reboot.

Edit: Just p___ed the HT figure is so damn bad. It should be 100% cloth not that ridiculous rubbery red material they have chosen :mad:

Last edited:

None of that was why I didn't like the film. I just thought the pacing was poor, the villains weren't great and poorly written, the final set-piece was uninteresting etc etc.

great stuff spoken like a spidey fan.

Reasonable explanation! Thanks! :)

I'm done with 'serious' myself. Nolan Batman/Man of Steel. Be gone with that ****. :D Unfortunately I just think this film failed in other areas. Anyway you were courteous in response so I will do my best to not contribute further to dragging this thread down.

How are people seeing this? That could also make a difference in all seriousness.

I seen this in IMAX 3D and I thought it looked incredible. I will be able to properly judge it myself tomorrow when I just see it in ordinary 2D. I am not expecting to have the same experience, which could compound anybody's feelings towards the film.

I was watching a little of SM1 and they've come along way in perfecting the Spider-Man character.

There was a scene where he shot a webline up and it was as if it yanked him up rather than him jumping. When fighting Goblin he webbed him toward him then did a standard kick and some standard fighting that anyone could do, he did some CGI acrobatics but it was very much 80% grounded standard fighting with some CGI acrobatics thrown in.

The evolution has had Spidey be more acrobatic and flexible in all of his movement so that he is no longer so grounded and stationary when fighting and is basically 80% flair and 20% standard fighting. Characterisation wise they've also upped his personally as the web-slinger with the quips and body language.

Anybody else feel that at the beginning of these Marvel films, Amazing Spidey 1, Iron man 1, the first X-men, the Watcher should appear and explain that there are infinite universes other than our own and with that infinite possibilities and infinite stories. This movie is one such story of one such possibility. I say this because a lot of fans get upset at a few of the changes that are made from the comics. I know I did.

Glad everyone is enjoying this movie hear and discussing both positives and negatives in a great way. im excited for this movie. i cant wait. Im just sad that its out before the US. I'm running into spoilers galore from everywhere.

Anybody else feel that at the beginning of these Marvel films, Amazing Spidey 1, Iron man 1, the first X-men, the Watcher should appear and explain that there are infinite universes other than our own and with that infinite possibilities and infinite stories. This movie is one such story of one such possibility. I say this because a lot of fans get upset at a few of the changes that are made from the comics. I know I did.

Dude an Uatu appearance explaining all that would be pretty damn awesome.

Back