The Amazing Spider Man 2 (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which does absolutely nothing to improve on the overall lack of quality in ASM2. :lol

Well it does give the "Harry/Peter" friendship references a "pass" for me but I realize that is only because I'm choosing to be forgiving. It *really* should have been referenced prior to Norman's death but what are you gonna do. Throw the baby out with the bath water? Nah.

I remember watching the first battle between Spidey and Doc Ock in SM2 a few months back for the first time in a long time. I'd forgotten that Raimi had pretty much staged them like Michael Bay superhero movies with the constant cutaways to screaming damsels busting out of their tight sweaters every other second during the fighting.

I guess if Bayformers are your thing then I could see why the action in the Raimi movies would be preferred over ASM2.

Last edited:
Well it does give the "Harry/Peter" friendship references a "pass" for me but I realize that is only because I'm choosing to be forgiving. It *really* should have been referenced prior to Norman's death but what are you gonna do. Throw the baby out with the bath water? Nah.

I remember watching the first battle between Spidey and Doc Ock in SM2 a few months back for the first time in a long time. I'd forgotten that Raimi had pretty much staged them like Michael Bay superhero movies with the constant cutaways to screaming damsels busting out of their tight sweaters every other second during the fighting.

I guess if Bayformers are your thing then I could see why the action in the Raimi movies would be preferred over ASM2.

:lol Agreed.

"..cheese, my god.. it's full of cheese"

Yep, and you're lucky if you ever see "Last edited by Khev...." at the bottom of one of my posts. Usually I update them so quickly it doesn't have a chance to appear. :lol

Yep, and you're lucky if you ever see "Last edited by Khev...." at the bottom of one of my posts. Usually I update them so quickly it doesn't have a chance to appear. :lol

Sometimes I forget to refresh. I come back to the thread later to see you or one of the other editors have been quoted and there's unfamiliar stuff in there - ''I thought I read that post- ahhhh''

All these people slagging off the reboots, do you never get tired of the sound of your own voices? Seriously!

Best way out of that would've been to just establish Harry and Peter's "rekindled" relationship and save Goblin's debut for SS. Instead they crammed everything down the moviegoer's throat creating a completely lame character and "plot twist" in the process. We're left having to fill in the blanks while being expected to sympathize with a superficial, tantrum-throwing, snobby villian.

I do that too. Sometimes I'll post something that will instigate an idiot and go back to edit it out, only to see he's quoted it along with a huge rant. :lol

All these people slacking off the reboots, do you never get tired of the sound of your own voices? Seriously!

The fact that anyone, ANYONE, is suddenly capable of forgiving SM3 it's shortcomings (or worse actually warming to it) just goes to show that these things go in cycles. SM3 is truly an awful film but now with ASM 1 and 2 to pick on suddenly it's en vogue act like it isn't. When SM is rebooted again suddenly all the amazing (no pun intended) things that ASM2 got right will be celebrated. It's just how these things go. Why do we participate? We just haven't grown out of it yet. :lol

I do that too. Sometimes I'll post something that will instigate an idiot and go back to edit it out, only to see he's quoted it along with a huge rant. :lol

I do sometimes post something and then when it appears I go "whoa, I sound like a total d**k!" and go back and "soften" my response. Usually my softened response still makes me sound like a d**k though. :lol

I do sometimes post something and then when it appears I go "whoa, I sound like a total d**k!" and go back and "soften" my response. Usually my softened response still makes me sound like a d**k though. :lol

Being a mod though, you're uninfractable for dicky posts. So I'd just leave it. :huh :lol

Well maybe but deliberately abusing privileges doesn't exactly set the best example. I don't actually want passion for a topic to make things sound heated when they actually aren't. But I digress.

Those screaming ladies with massive bewbs during the first Doc Ock fight aren't in the theatrical cut I don't believe. That's the 2.0.

Hmm.

I know which one you're talking about too. They're like in the office as Ock is scaling the building with Aunt May. She's got like a tight sweater on and screams for a few seconds. I can't find it online. Maybe I'm getting mixed up with the extended scene when Ock and Spidey crash through the window and there's a person in there as well. I only have the extended edition so I dunno. It's been a while since I've seen the regular.

Last edited:
Hmm.

I know which one you're talking about too. They're like in the office as Ock is scaling the building with Aunt May. She's got like a tight sweater on and screams for a few seconds. I can't find it online. Maybe I'm getting mixed up with the train fight when the extended scene has Ock and Spidey crash threw the window and there's a person in there. I only have the extended edition so I dunno. It's been a while since I've seen the regular.

.....:yuck

Back