Favorite Spider-Man movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is the best SM movie

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I personally don't care for the killing off of major enemies at the end of every film. But going back to a-dev's point, the Raimi-verse certainly could have kept going for awhile despite the deaths we saw. Oscorp doesn't need to explain anyone else's origin. Kraven, Mysterio, Chameleon, Lizard, Scorpion, Electro, Vulture, Rhino, Morbius, Hobgoblin, Shocker, Hydroman, Black Cat, Ringmaster, and others could have been introduced.

Yeah this is true but thinking about it more, and in addition to the points Deckard and Krec have made, maybe it was best to leave it at 3 with the films Raimi did. They completed an arc there that had been going on throughout that trilogy with Harry Osborn growing to hate Spiderman and eventually becoming the New Goblin. And they finished that out with him redeeming himself. A 4th film might have seemed tacked on due to not really carrying forward any major elements from the previous 3. It's kinda of a neatly packaged trilogy actually.

I'm fine with it having ended myself. After Spider-Man 3, I didn't really want to see a part 4. My point is just that the new franchise might be no different, and the Raimi franchise could theoretically have morphed into something else. Hell, it could have morphed into the Webb/Garfield franchise instead of their doing a total reboot.

But even if the new franchise does have more staying power, that doesn't mean that any specific film in the new franchise will match up with Spider-Man 2, which is the original point of the thread and poll. So far, in my mind, Spider-Man 2 is the best, and ASM didn't come close to de-throning it. That's not a Rami vs. Webb argument, it's a film vs. all other Spidey films argument.

I'm fine with it having ended myself. After Spider-Man 3, I didn't really want to see a part 4. My point is just that the new franchise might be no different, and the Raimi franchise could theoretically have morphed into something else. Hell, it could have morphed into the Webb/Garfield franchise instead of their doing a total reboot.

But even if the new franchise does have more staying power, that doesn't mean that any specific film in the new franchise will match up with Spider-Man 2, which is the original point of the thread and poll. So far, in my mind, Spider-Man 2 is the best, and ASM didn't come close to de-throning it. That's not a Rami vs. Webb argument, it's a film vs. all other Spidey films argument.

Definitely agree. I hope ASM2 is better than ASM but I'm not getting my hopes up. From what I've seen of it so far, Spider-Man 2 will still reign supreme.

SM2 for me. Stunned that the soulless ASM is beating SM2. Molina was brilliant as Doc Ock (even if the arms having their own sentience was lame). It was 100x the story of ASM, IMO.

SM2 for me. Stunned that the soulless ASM is beating SM2. Molina was brilliant as Doc Ock (even if the arms having their own sentience was lame). It was 100x the story of ASM, IMO.

The fights between Ock and Spidey are still incredible, nothing since has been better. And I love the actual rescue of the train and the immediate aftermath, even though I'm sure comic fans are disgusted that everyone saw his face.

The fights between Ock and Spidey are still incredible, nothing since has been better. And I love the actual rescue of the train and the immediate aftermath, even though I'm sure comic fans are disgusted that everyone saw his face.

I think the train fight is still the best scene in superhero movie history, but I always found it ridiculous that Doc Ock was able to go toe to toe with Spiderman and not die after the first few barrages of punches Spidey landed. How was he able to sustain all those punches to the head without his head coming off?

I think the train fight is still the best scene in superhero movie history, but I always found it ridiculous that Doc Ock was able to go toe to toe with Spiderman and not die after the first few barrages of punches Spidey landed. How was he able to sustain all those punches to the head without his head coming off?

This has always been a major plot hole for me. Doc Ock doesn't get any super powers with the addition of the arms. Why doesn't Spider-Man just knock him out during the first fight with one punch? As much as I love the movie, this has always and will always piss me off.

Probably the same physics that explain how an 80 year old Aunt May could support herself dangling from an umbrella 40 stories up. :lol

Yeah they should have explained that somehow. But otherwise....

Yea that is phony with one hit Ock would be out of it.a few times Spidey landed a blow in the comics and that was the end of the fight.

Yep. Drawing from the same source material is not a fault of the first ASM.

:goodpost:

There were a few too many non-Spider-Man similarities but the bulk was adapting Spider-Man which just so happens to be the same source as the previous movies

It does suck all the marvel films after the avengers have been average .yet they are praised.

Pretty much. Lots of brand worship with that franchise.

How to Spiderman : by Sam Raimi, Age 54

1. Spiderman sucks at what he does. He doesn't want to do it anymore.

2. Peter can't handle life. He's a virgin that can't walk down the sidewalk without falling down.

3. tragic villain accident

4. Mary Jane is kidnapped

5. Peter will be Spiderman again to help her.

6. the villain apologizes, commits suicide

7. rinse and repeat

The plot of all 3 Raimi Spiderman movies ladies and gentlemen. Kidnapped 5 times in 3 movies. Awesome plot device.

I still love em but this is dead-on :lol

The Rami/Maguire Spider-Man didn't suck at being Spider-Man. He wanted to quit in the second film, that was it.

Peter couldn't handle life in the second film because of the nature of his dual personas and responsibilities. He fell on his face because he needed his glasses. He wasn't depicted as being inept before he got his powers in the first film. Just a ****ing nerd that got bullied like a little *****, just like the comics.

Norman's accident in the lab is hardly "tragic". His hubris and company got the better of him.

What main female character in these films aren't kidnapped or in danger by the villains? Vicki Vale, Chase Meridian, Pepper Potts, Rogue, Gwen Stacey, Lois Lane, Rachel Dawes, Miranda Tate, etc. It's a common trope. It's only more apparent because Mary Jane is prominent throughout. Each film makes sense of it though, so I don't see the problem,

- SM1, Norman finds out from Harry that the one person that Peter truly loves (other than Aunt May, whom he attacked before) is MJ. So what does he do? He nabs her to **** with Spider-Man. Makes sense.

- SM2, Ock needs the tritium. He goes to Harry's like, "bring me Spider-Man and I'll give you more". Ock doesn't know where to find him, so Harry, being the ***** he is, puts his friend's life in danger by telling him about Peter. Ock has meant Parker, they've talked about women, romance and ****. So what does he do? He sees Peter sitting with the chick he was talking about and grabs her so Parker gets him Spider-Man.

- SM3, Venom/Brock has all of Parker's memories. What has been the constant thing for Peter in these films? Mary Jane. It makes sense, but at this point, the "kidnapping of MJ had gotten old". Venom should have just killed her or something. Just because it was poorly done in 3 doesn't mean it's bad in the first two. The thing to take away from it is being Spider-Man can potentially harm his loved ones. Mary Jane isn't the only one put in these situations, Aunt May is too.

- Norman doesn't apologize. In fact, he plans to stab Parker in the back as he distracts him because he's an evil mother ****er. Ock doesn't apologize either. The message there (which I think is very poignant and true) is that to do what's right, you have to make sacrifices. That's what Spider-Man is all about. Ock didn't want to die a monster (another common trope with old horror movie monsters) and instead sacrifices himself for the city.

I hate Spider-Man 3 and think the Uncle Ben/Sandman retcon is garbage, but that is the first time we see a villain apologize in the films. It also has a message about forgiveness, choices and misunderstanding that I thought was okay.

Suicide? Norman's scene is right out of the comics. It's fine. Done in by his own glider. Who didn't want to see that? Ock? He doesn't really commit suicide, it's more like martydom. Sandman? Doesn't die. Venom? Spider-Man killed him.

Hardly rinse and repeat. We could say that about any superhero movie, or any sequel in general. Spider-Man is a good movie, Spider-Man 2 is a great film, Spider-Man 3 sucked and was a disappointment (like most if not all movies of these types of franchises). I'm no Raimi fan boy, but he did fine in my book. That Spider-Man 4 crap about Vultress an **** is pure conjecture on Deckard's part. Nobody knows if Raimi really intended to have "Vultress", and really, it seems more producer driven like Venom was. I bet that idea was Avi Arad, the same Man responsible for these Webb ASM flicks. Let's remember, Spider-Man 3 originally had Sandman and Vulture in the mix. No "Vultress", no Venom. Raimi intended to have those two classic baddies in #3. The studio ****ed it up, not Raimi.

If he wanted "Vultress", why then did he want Vulture back in 2006? Hmmm. Nah, couldn't be Sony. I can't wait to see the ASM series get driven into the ground by the same suits.

Back