Favorite Spider-Man movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is the best SM movie

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There was a vocal back and forth, as always, but in general I think folks tend to get hyped up with the newest, shiniest object that appears in front of them.

I voted ASM, but I had just seen it when this poll was released. I still think that Garfield is the Parker that I always wanted and Stone >Dunst, but a lot of other stuff was just left too empty on ASM. It could have easily been cleaned up to be a more coherent film, but it is what it is. I'll leave making up redundant lists that have been beaten to death to the special kids that don't get out much. :lol

Then why does IM3 still suck balls?

I'm just a retard who likes new things. Got it. :rotfl

The nostalgia-goggles claim is no less of an insult.

Besides the Raimi films started little over 10 years ago, is that long enough for 'nostalgia' to be a factor? X-men had been out before it so its not like it was a brave new world of movie-making that has to be credited with anything out of some sense of movie-fan obligation.

There are exceptions to any rule of course, and some will always like ASM more than any of the Raimi films, and that's not wrong. I just think there is a general bias toward folks overrating newer movies. I'm sure the same goes for those who were youngsters when older movies were released. But if we offered this poll again today, without the ASM 2 listed, I'm pretty confident Spider-Man 2 would win.

There are exceptions to any rule of course, and some will always like ASM more than any of the Raimi films, and that's not wrong. I just think there is a general bias toward folks overrating newer movies. I'm sure the same goes for those who were youngsters when older movies were released. But if we offered this poll again today, without the ASM 2 listed, I'm pretty confident Spider-Man 2 would win.

Spiderman wasn't shiny and new. It faced probably more criticism than any reboot and still won. Robocops the perfect comparison. The overwhelming percentage were not fooled into thinking it was better than the original Robocop. Even after the cluster **** of RC3.

Just like the older crowd is bias towards newer films like really not saying you but some act like raimi created spiderman some people need to accept spiderman will be rebooted every 6 to 7 years .

Spiderman wasn't shiny and new. It faced probably more criticism than any reboot and still won. Robocops the perfect comparison. The overwhelming percentage were not fooled into thinking it was better than the original Robocop. Even after the cluster **** of RC3.

In that instance, I agree with you--it was due to nostalgia for the original ;)

Honestly though, I haven't seen the new one, but the original Robocop is (rightly) hailed as a cult classic of sorts. The new one will probably all but be forgotten in a few years. The Raimi Spidey films are divisive in general, and the newer franchise doesn't seem bad necessarily, but different and also divisive. So, I don't know that that's an apples to apples comparison.

On top of that, you've got an issue where fans of the Raimi franchise were probably having the vote split between Spidey 1 and Spidey 2. Combined, those films got more votes than the single ASM film in that franchise listed at the time.

But I could be wrong of course. My opinion is that Spidey 2 is still one of the best comic movies ever made, and ASM was just OK. As for any Raimi bias, I think the 3rd one was terrible and the first one was pretty average in itself.

Just like the older crowd is bias towards newer films like really not saying you but some act like raimi created spiderman some people need to accept spiderman will be rebooted every 6 to 7 years .

Yep. Drawing from the same source material is not a fault of the first ASM.

Not changing the overall plot formula for 3 movies in a row is every bit the fault of Sam Raimi.

So I think we've established that people have different opinions and don't like it being insinuated that their views are invalid because they come from either a place of nostalgia or a place of being easily appealed to by shiny new things.

Not changing the overall plot formula for 3 movies in a row is every bit the fault of Sam Raimi.

:goodpost: exactly same nonsense in all his spidey films.

So I think we've established that people have different opinions and don't like it being insinuated that their views are invalid because they come from either a place of nostalgia or a place of being easily appealed to by shiny new things.
I wish I could treat the opinion of a T2 fan as valid, or I would agree with you.

Like it or not it's all subjective no one is wrong it's what we prefer .

Does 3 movies having similar plot characteristics invalidate the awesomeness of any one given movie?

IMO spiderman 2 wasn't awesome it had some good scenes like the first movie then again I'm not really a fan of doc ock IMO he's a ok villain his story wasn't handled that well he'll I'll take the lizard turning everyone to lizard people then doc offs story in SM2.

Fine but being terribly paced and having crappy villains with unconvincing arcs and motivations is the fault of the new ones. Or at least the 2nd one, I haven't seen ASM since my initial viewing, I do recall it utterly failing to justify redoing the origin story however.

I wish I could treat the opinion of a T2 fan as valid, or I would agree with you.

This does not help our mission Kara. :thwak

Back