Favorite Spider-Man movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is the best SM movie

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So in 10 years when we have ASM, ASM2, ASM3, ASM4, Venom, and Sinister Six, you'd want people to go back to Raimi's SM1 to see an origin for a similar character? That's like having TDK, and TDKR but then needing to watch Burton's Batman for an origin to Bale's Batman. Kinda weird how he already faced and murdered the Joker but hey.

That's all the justification it needs.

They could have easily kept the same continuity, the Raimi universe, and simply recast the main actors who presumably wouldn't have wanted to stay on indefinitely. It's not like the new films have changed much anyway - Spiderman has to make his webshooters, that's it. That's the only thing that's different...and is actually less plausible I might add.

As a bonus you'd probably still have the same guy playing Jameson, the guy who is universally praised as being perfect for that character. But now I guess they'll have to get someone else....if the character ever shows up.

Uh yea.

Norman Dead
Harry Dead
Doc Ock Dead
Brock Dead
Sandman no longer bad
Mary Jane gone
Gwen Stacy alive
Peter's a grown adult in his 30s

Why not keep that going for another 5 movies.

JJJ will be in ASM3 according to Webb he may be played by Simmons since he can't imagine anyone replacing him. He just gave that interview 2 days ago. Not putting him in ASM was the best move to not draw any comparisons and he wasn't needed. He'd have been forced in at a time where Peters a kid in high school, working a job isn't something most kids in high school do.

Last edited:
They could have easily kept the same continuity, the Raimi universe, and simply recast the main actors who presumably wouldn't have wanted to stay on indefinitely. It's not like the new films have changed much anyway - Spiderman has to make his webshooters, that's it. That's the only thing that's different...and is actually less plausible I might add.

Raimi killing off his villains how do you continue that ? GG dead Ock dead two of his biggest villains dead venom dead I see a big reason to reboot not to mention Harry is dead as well.i personality think Garfield is a better spiderman his origin was handled better I like he never caught the killer .

So what no villain can die? Is that the problem, you're not allowed kill villains anymore?

That being the case maybe they couldn't have done the Sinister Six thing.

Errrr...like you just proposed for the new continuity in your previous post? :dunno

^^

If this version can get that many films the previous version could have too.

A Sinister Six with no Doc Ock? You think that'd have gone over well? :lol You think there wouldn't be massive whining about that? No Oscorp, no goblin to kill Gwen eventually? No friends for Peter. Sounds like it would have been great and true to the source material. How about one where Parkers in outer space fighting asteroids since we don't care about the source.

Theres some very important moments in Peter's life that didn't and could not have played out properly because of Raimi's choices. And you can count out Carnage appearing to make up for the dead baddies because Raimi hates the symbiote.

Let's not forget Raimi's concept for SM4 was Anne Hathaway as the Vultress and he couldn't convince Dunst to come back.

Why kill great villains if you want to continue the story ? Should we settle for villains like boomerang or the spot instead of the GG or Ock?

A Sinister Six with no Doc Ock? You think that'd have gone over well? :lol You think there wouldn't be massive whining about that? No Oscorp, no goblin to kill Gwen eventually? No friends for Peter. Sounds like it would have been great and true to the source material. How about one where Parkers in outer space fighting asteroids since we don't care about the source.

I edited a previous post to acknowledge this. Sinister Six would be ruled out sure.

They could have done more standalones though.

Who? Kraven shows up to hunt him after he's already been around publicly that long?

Carnage is out, Raimi hates the Symbiote.

OSCORP isn't around anymore to make supervillains like Hydroman or Electro.

He didn't even want to do Lizard. He wanted to do The Vultress, a character he invented. Thank god he left.

Admittedly you've got me on that point fellas. I guess a reboot was necessary if they were to branch out like they plan to.

Theres some very important moments in Peter's life that didn't and could not have played out properly because of Raimi's choices. And you can count out Carnage appearing to make up for the dead baddies because Raimi hates the symbiote.

Let's not forget Raimi's concept for SM4 was Anne Hathaway as the Vultress and he couldn't convince Dunst to come back.

Sounds like Raimi future spidermans would have been great lets just screw everything up it's not like we haven't did this before.

Point taken fellas. No further huge edits to posts necessary.

I do however get the sense that, like the X-men films, the retroactive hatred of Raimi's Spiderman films comes from comic book fan annoyance at how much they stray from source material. I prefer to judge them just as films, and I still think Raimi's ones have been better so far.

They're obviously ambitious about this franchise, but we'll see if they can actually pull that many films off. I'm sure they would have loved to do 10 Raimi films, but they got stale after 3, and the creative team moved on. Burton and Keaton moved on after two films, Nolan and Bale moved on after 3, RDJ got sick of Iron Man, Evans is sick of Cap, Favreau and Branaugh apparently had enough, etc. But Marvel Studios can still thrive because they can be flexible. If the new Spidey franchise is to keep going, I suspect they're going to have to do a lot of recasting and adding in new writers and directors as things move forward. And even then, it could turn into Batman Forever if they're not careful. But assuming it works, that is fine, but the same could have theoretically been done with the Raimi-verse. Alternatively, we might see another reboot.

I personally don't care for the killing off of major enemies at the end of every film. But going back to a-dev's point, the Raimi-verse certainly could have kept going for awhile despite the deaths we saw. Oscorp doesn't need to explain anyone else's origin. Kraven, Mysterio, Chameleon, Lizard, Scorpion, Electro, Vulture, Rhino, Morbius, Hobgoblin, Shocker, Hydroman, Black Cat, Ringmaster, and others could have been introduced.

Point taken fellas. No further huge edits to posts necessary.

I do however get the sense that, like the X-men films, the retroactive hatred of Raimi's Spiderman films comes from comic book fan annoyance at how much they stray from source material. I prefer to judge them just as films, and I still think Raimi's ones have been better so far.

You can equally say that people who aren't fans and were introduced to the character for the first time through Raimi, have a misplaced sense of loyalty to him.

But would you blame audiences who were fans of Harry Potter and The Hunger Games if those movies weren't based on the books that got millions of people interested in the subject? I dunno about you but if I order a Pizza, I don't expect them to deliver a cheeseburger.

I personally don't care for the killing off of major enemies at the end of every film. But going back to a-dev's point, the Raimi-verse certainly could have kept going for awhile despite the deaths we saw. Oscorp doesn't need to explain anyone else's origin. Kraven, Mysterio, Chameleon, Lizard, Scorpion, Electro, Vulture, Rhino, Morbius, Hobgoblin, Shocker, Hydroman, Black Cat, Ringmaster, and others could have been introduced.

Except that isn't what was happening. Raimi wanted to do Vultress. Tobey Maguire vs Vultress.(no future Gwen story since he used her to piss of Mary Jane and both left him, or Sinister Six even possible) Somehow I doubt Toby VS Vultress would compete well with The Avenger's Box Office.

Your post count vs when you signed up says you're one of those. :lol

Your obvious need for attention says your one of those. I think everyone got it that you didn't like Raimi's trilogy when you rated them all in the 3- 6 range. The "Hey, I didn't get enough response so I'm going to make another post to **** on anyones opinion that isn't the same as mine" was just icing on the cake.

My post count is 90% done at work and you'll rarely see me here on a day off, but if my post count makes me special so be it. I post on a lot of the forums here, not just movies all day every day... and I sure ain't making up a David Letterman style list to convince people I'm clever. That's just some dumb "My opinion is better than yours" ****.

You can equally say that people who aren't fans and were introduced to the character for the first time through Raimi, have a misplaced sense of loyalty to him.

Its not 'loyalty'. Anyone could have directed those films, they were enjoyable to me, simple as. Raimi directed them so he's the name I'm using.

Except that isn't what was happening. Raimi wanted to do Vultress. Tobey Maguire vs Vultress.(no future Gwen story since he used her to piss of Mary Jane and both left him, or Sinister Six even possible) Somehow I doubt Toby VS Vultress would compete well with The Avenger's Box Office.
Raimi's heart was clearly not in it anymore as of the 3rd one, and his creative peak had been reached. But that doesn't mean more films built on his foundation couldn't have been done effectively. Same could easily happen with Webb.

But that's not what anyone involved in the project wanted. Tobey walked and the studio wanted a reboot at a time where Marvel was proving using the source material is more effective.

I think after 3 the reboot was needed, but its not like ASM was some golden Spidey movie. I'm hoping ASM 2 leaves a better lasting impression.

Back