Favorite Spider-Man movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is the best SM movie

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
SM2 for me. Stunned that the soulless ASM is beating SM2. Molina was brilliant as Doc Ock (even if the arms having their own sentience was lame). It was 100x the story of ASM, IMO.

He was comedy. Butter fingers!

I'll always love the scene spidey is swinging from the reflection of his shades.

Fair enough they don't explain how Doc Ock can take Spiderman's punches but look at that fight. Brilliant showcase of what you can do with Spiderman. As a sequence it hasn't dated, make it that it never happened in 2004 and put it in a film in 2014 and it'd still be mindblowing.

Last edited:
Yea it looked like spidey was going all out on the train fight and Ock doesnt have so much as a bruise on him but who cares still an awesome fight.

Yeah they should have explained that somehow. But otherwise....

In the comics superheroes who could punch through walls used to always hold back their punches a bit so as not to knock heads off of bad guys. They never said that Tobey Spidey did that but I have no problem just assuming its the case.

Last edited:
Are people really using the fact that Spider-Man didn't decapitate Doc Ock with one punch as a critique against the movie?!

That's lazy/bad writing my friend. I like the movie a lot but come on, we shouldn't just have to turn our brains off when we watch these films. Doc Ock being able to trade punches
with a man who sent his high school bully flying down a hallway with one punch makes zero sense.

Something pretty bad happens in TASM2 as well, but I won't bring it up until everyone's seen it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Webb hasn’t been able to top that scene.

The high school fight In ASM came close, imo

Are people really using the fact that Spider-Man didn't decapitate Doc Ock with one punch as a critique against the movie?!

It's a nitpick, but strange how it's quite a prolific nitpick but other just as absurd suspension of disbelief problem in other movies don't garner so much concern.

Like Black Widow grabbing the speeding Chitauri craft without her arm coming off or Batman landing on the roof of the Drug van in TDK caving it in but not hurting hinself or Iron Man not becoming red mush when slammed into the ground inside an iron suit

Spoiler Spoiler:

Nova I don't think that the Doc Ock problems is really a nitpick. It's something that happens throughout the film compared to those scenes you mentioned which last for a second. The black Widow scene you named is pretty bad though, but still Doc Ock all of a sudden becoming a supervillain without explanation is a little crazy, and could take someone out of the fight scenes because it's a recurring problem throughout the movie.

I think most people will enjoy ASM2 more than the first. For me, the first has a bit tighter overall plot.

Not that 2 is sloppy, just less focused.

I didn't get some of the complaints about the first though. The emotion and relationship felt real and fantastic. It's basically what everyone claims they want, real world motives with comic book action. Being adopted myself, I found the Parker's struggle to be far better portrayed than by Maguire. Didn't get the ****** thing, his relationship to Ben felt very well done, both utmost respect and yet a natural frustration that is neither one's fault.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Meh, there's a precedent in the comic.

g38d4cb35.jpg

People are generally more durable in comics than in real life. Lots of superheroes (Batman, half of the X-Men, probably a third of the Avengers, 2 of the Fantastic Four, etc. etc.) don't have superhuman strength/armor/etc. so that they could withstand any more pain than a regular person. But it would be a pretty boring comic if the first time Cyclops or Scarlet Witch got smacked by a robot they went down in a heap.

I think most people will enjoy ASM2 more than the first. For me, the first has a bit tighter overall plot.

Not that 2 is sloppy, just less focused.

I didn't get some of the complaints about the first though. The emotion and relationship felt real and fantastic. It's basically what everyone claims they want, real world motives with comic book action. Being adopted myself, I found the Parker's struggle to be far better portrayed than by Maguire. Didn't get the ****** thing, his relationship to Ben felt very well done, both utmost respect and yet a natural frustration that is neither one's fault.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The emotion and relationship felt real and fantastic. It's basically what everyone claims they want, real world motives with comic book action.
Just felt kind of average and forgettable to me. Hopefully the new one will stick with me a little more. Now that he's not dressed as a basketball, I'll at least try to see this one in the theater.

Back