SSC G.I. Joe Baroness

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, heres a funny story as I unbox my Baroness finally.

Yesterday I'm waiting for the post to arrive with the Baroness like a kid waiting for Christmas and boom it felt like my balls were going to explode and someone had knifed me in the back. Went to the Dr and got a CT scan and they admitted me for having a kidney stone stuck in a tube. How sad is it that all I could think of was dammit, Im going to miss the mailman. :lol

Like a pro my mife nabbed the box for me, so after surgery this morning I came home and not only was my Baroness waiting, a bunch of bits I ordered from ToyAnxiety were here today as well. You know the adoration of the wife and kids saying theyre glad you're okay only goes so far, the Sideshow and Hot toys deliveries are priceless. :exactly:

Yeah, my priorities are probably screwed up in that last part, I'll blame the narcotics they pumped me full of. :lol

Anyways, gotta go futz the Baroness, glad shes finally here.

omg...dude..that sucks about the stones..sorry to hear that..but kick butt about the Baroness and the parts from TA..i love getting stuff from them...lol..im going through withdrawal myself..hadnt gotten anything in weeks now...sigh...lol...
and im the same way about waiting for the ups guy...he always shows up when im gone...last time i had something show up..i had seen him hit my street from about 4 blocks away..i dont think i ever drove so fast to catch up to him...lol

Yeah, TA is killer. Usually cheapest too. Sometimes I find stuff at black Ops or Monkey Depot a little cheaper, but overall its hard to go wrong with their pricing. And the shipping is insane, I just ordered these parts like Thursday, so it was a nice surprise having them here already.

And yeah, my wife is a good bird dog on the shipments, got her well trained. :lol

Just kidding, she was a collector before me, so she came trained. :hi5:

Finally got around to doing some mods to the Baroness. Great figure right out of the box, but I wanted to put my spin on her.

008_zps8ccbcf70.jpg

011_zpsb3b1c8c0.jpg

mando what weapon is that and how many coats did it take

Well, heres a funny story as I unbox my Baroness finally.

Yesterday I'm waiting for the post to arrive with the Baroness like a kid waiting for Christmas and boom it felt like my balls were going to explode and someone had knifed me in the back. Went to the Dr and got a CT scan and they admitted me for having a kidney stone stuck in a tube. How sad is it that all I could think of was dammit, Im going to miss the mailman. :lol

Like a pro my mife nabbed the box for me, so after surgery this morning I came home and not only was my Baroness waiting, a bunch of bits I ordered from ToyAnxiety were here today as well. You know the adoration of the wife and kids saying theyre glad you're okay only goes so far, the Sideshow and Hot toys deliveries are priceless. :exactly:

Yeah, my priorities are probably screwed up in that last part, I'll blame the narcotics they pumped me full of. :lol

Anyways, gotta go futz the Baroness, glad shes finally here.

That's a good wife.

I got my box signed by Morgan Lofting last weekend at Joecon here in Dallas. For those that don't know, Morgan was the voice of The Baroness in the GI Joe cartoon in the 80s. She was awesome at the con.

46450983645303887370.jpg

I got my box signed by Morgan Lofting last weekend at Joecon here in Dallas. For those that don't know, Morgan was the voice of The Baroness in the GI Joe cartoon in the 80s. She was awesome at the con.

46450983645303887370.jpg

Good idea. I'll probably try to get a signature on mine too.

You guys are doing some awesome mods on Baroness. It always surprises me how a few tweaks can make a good figure even better.

Not really much to do with the figure but, i have been inspired by the rifle she comes with to make a design of my own that is similar. The paper versions are the intermediate stages i went through to come up with the final design. I did it at work on friday when it was slow, but i haven't had the time to do the final detailing or paint it yet. It was just made from black styrene.

0574BFDC-0BF0-4095-B3D1-89BB63F2A2E1.jpg

69072F2F-F951-4BF2-AB58-9B5103847C71.jpg

62600C92-3974-4B9F-8938-F3589DF4CEE7.jpg

33AD724A-04AC-4132-9EE5-FF480C2CA9A4.jpg

A589495D-FA37-49BB-B3C7-6071F70EBEBE.jpg

168D77D1-9F86-497E-93E3-A95372052576.jpg

Looks good Bar, what is this? A RE style custom? Or just something you're creating on your own?

Looks good Bar, what is this? A RE style custom? Or just something you're creating on your own?

I only used that head because i have a few of them. And it looked good.
It's an Art figures body wearing a HT Nick Fury clothing set, plus the black vest, and i just threw it together to have a figure holding the rifle.
I tried a couple of other HTs heads on it, but that one seemed generic enough to not suggest anything specific.
I might try something different on it on wednesday when i am at work next.

i was lucky with both pairs of glasses but i did have to open up the holes in the side of her head with a pin to get them to sit well.

Are there holes for the glasses on both sides of the windswept head sculpt?

A little late to the game, but I finally opened her and think she's great. I did snag one of the straps on her breastplate while trying to tighten them, but nothing I can't live with.

Finally got mine. Really impressive. Love the headsculpt. My only wish is for SSC to continue trying to improve their base bodies... my Baroness has a slightly loose right thigh.

Hey Heubert, is Baroness at P8,500 a good price in the Philippines? Wanted to buy one a few days ago.

Hey Heubert, is Baroness at P8,500 a good price in the Philippines? Wanted to buy one a few days ago.

I think that's a bit high for this figure. PhP8000 is a much fairer price. I got mine for PhP7400 PO price, which is about $170, or $10 less compared to its SRP at Sideshow :)

Back