Premium Format Poison Ivy Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now I understand how other collectors feel when their originals are made into variants. Why doesnt sideshow just make a whole other new Poison Ivy statue? This is ridiculous. Are we going to get variants for every single piece that they release now and not get newer versions of a character? Sideshow would have still made the money theyre going to make if they made a new version of Ivy. Why devalue the other version of previous made characters?

Last edited:
Now I understand how other collectors feel when their originals are made into variants. Why doesnt sideshow just make a whole other new Poison Ivy statue? This is ridiculous. Are we going to get variants for every single piece that they release now and not get newer versions of a character? Sideshow would have still made the money theyre going to make on this Ivy anyways if they made a new version of Ivy. Why devalue the other version of previous made characters?

There's more profit involved. They only did a repaint and added a small change to the base so there's less R&D, less payment to the sculptors and the most of the casting is already done. So no, they wouldn't the same money. This way they basically have the statue 80% done and still get collectors who didn't buy the original. Now they have collectors who are just getting in and buying Reg. Batman Figures who can now have an Ivy to go with him. Now the Joker is a different matter. Can't really do a repaint with him so I'd expect another Joker to be completely redone.

Next is a lighter blue batman and a black batman repaint. This screws with the set ES even if is a repaint. For example that same thing made that black baroness go for below retail now. I'm glad I'm not jumping the gun on so many new releases now. It's better to be patient. So many repaints errr....

Now I understand how other collectors feel when their originals are made into variants. Why doesnt sideshow just make a whole other new Poison Ivy statue? This is ridiculous. Are we going to get variants for every single piece that they release now and not get newer versions of a character? Sideshow would have still made the money theyre going to make if they made a new version of Ivy. Why devalue the other version of previous made characters?
Slight change to original means easy profit.
Suck it up Buttercup! Doesn't affect how the original displays in your collection :slap

Next is a lighter blue batman and a black batman repaint. This screws with the set ES even if is a repaint. For example that same thing made that black baroness go for below retail now. I'm glad I'm not jumping the gun on so many new releases now. It's better to be patient. So many repaints errr....

Blah blah blah...blah

Yeh! We all collect for resale value :cuckoo:

Back