Premium Format Poison Ivy Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't own but Green looks better to me.
Had no interest original, ordered Green then cancelled. Might pick her up if production paint looks good.

Well no rush as there's no exclusive for the green version.

I do hope they are better at painting those vines on her legs the second time around. Mine was ok but some boardies got some pretty poorly painted figs.

Yup.

Anyone out there that owns the original but prefers the green version? Just curious

I own the original EX and I prefer the original. I prefer the plants on the original and the contrast of colours on her. However, the green one will likely have much better paint apps then the original. Thus the green one should end up looking better. Had the original been given good paint apps throughout there would be no question on which is better.

I want the green as she definitely stands out and looks vibrant but like others i don't want to double dip. I will wait for in hand pics before deciding whether to chase her or not. Plus Im planning on collection Catwoman and Harley to have the 'trinity' I feel the original will look better on display in that respect.

Anyone know if the green one shown was production?

Cool modern green vs traditional is how I look at it. I like both but I'm fine with the EX I already have. I like Ivy enough that I purchased her but she's not a character I'd buy a second of, much less the same sculpt. Double dipping is reserved mainly for Spidey and Batman.

The original is enough for me. :)

I think this is one of those pieces where generally, fans could be happy with one or the other, but not necessarily need to own both. However, I prefer the original skin tones. I took these pics last night. She truly is a beauty.

pi5.jpg~original

pi7.jpg~original

pi6.jpg~original

I think that the highlights on the torso leaves gives this more contrast and a more vibrant appearance or is that just the lighting? Hope that translates in the production pieces.

I think it's the lighting too. It'll be interesting to see in-hand pics. I like the lighter green shade.

the lighting at sdcc makes stuff pop like crazy. the original def has more contrast given the color of the skin.

Yeah, I have to agree with you but this I think this is stunning. I'm really not into DC but the Trinity sucked me right in with their awesomeness it's my wife that saw this and it got added to the PO list and I am fine with that! :wink1:

Back