Premium Format Poison Ivy Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that the guy who paid $700 for his repaint? If it is, I have no idea why he'd be complaining about the new version on Sideshow's facebook page. The paintjob he received is gorgeous, and well worth the money. This new release would not compromise the value of his unique piece in any way. In the first place, he removed it from the original market the moment the statue was changed from the stock factory paint. That market is what would be affected by a variant, so his is safe. In the second place, I don't see how anyone could be concerned with the value of a well done custom piece (that had well over a grand invested into it) relative to the value of a statue of mass produced quality.

If it's not the same guy, then disregard. I am just awestruck that anyone with an Ivy painted that beautifully would be worried about any Ivy that came out of China.

That's pretty spot on, in my opinion. :goodpost:

:duff

Is that the guy who paid $700 for his repaint? If it is, I have no idea why he'd be complaining about the new version on Sideshow's facebook page. The paintjob he received is gorgeous, and well worth the money. This new release would not compromise the value of his unique piece in any way. In the first place, he removed it from the original market the moment the statue was changed from the stock factory paint. That market is what would be affected by a variant, so his is safe. In the second place, I don't see how anyone could be concerned with the value of a well done custom piece (that had well over a grand invested into it) relative to the value of a statue of mass produced quality.

If it's not the same guy, then disregard. I am just awestruck that anyone with an Ivy painted that beautifully would be worried about any Ivy that came out of China.

:duff

It's the same guy.

Another person more interested in the potential value over how it looks on his shelf :slap

This drives me nuts.

I have never bought anything as an investment (which is good because most of the **** I have accumulated over the years has more or less lost all it's value) so of my stuff my have appreciated in value slightly but I buy pieces because I like them & I want them in my collection.

I have never been into this way of thinking.

Sure it's nice to look at a collection & think it's a nice nest egg for later in life but I mostly just want to enjoy them for the quality product they are, which is why all the ES stuff means nothing to me...this repaint could be 500 or 5 million makes no odds it's still a quality piece & I'll have one :)

Neil

It's the same guy.

What a wanker. Seriously, he has 1 of the best looking Ivy's that anyone will ever own (how many will get a similar treatment, a handful maybe) and he is complaining? GMAFB.

It's the dead (or outright wonky) eyes that did the first one in for me. The flat flesh tone paint just made it worse. Not that the new version doesn't have the same concern, but I think there is more room for error. Plus for whatever reason she looks a little chunkier green. Which makes her buxomeness seem a little more natural.

So many hypocrites, they say money means nothing to them with it comes to statues, yet these same people will try and sell their statues for $200-$300 over the price they paid for it, so next time all you people who think the value of a statue means nothing please sell them to me at cost :)

So many hypocrites, they say money means nothing to them with it comes to statues, yet these same people will try and sell their statues for $200-$300 over the price they paid for it, so next time all you people who think the value of a statue means nothing please sell them to me at cost :)
Who's the hypocrite? Don't think I've ever sold anything for a profit.

Love it but...
I've just ordered the IM LSB, to go with my 6 pre-orders, i already have no space, and I'm waiting on an expensive eBay piece.
If I don't win it I'll order this. It's a beautiful statue and may very well be my first SS DC.

Love it but...
I've just ordered the IM LSB, to go with my 6 pre-orders, i already have no space, and I'm waiting on an expensive eBay piece.
If I don't win it I'll order this. It's a beautiful statue and may very well be my first SS DC.

We should all outbid you on Ebay now so that you buy this instead :rotfl

If you do get it I don't think there is a better piece to start the DC collection with & I already have Batman & Joker in hand with Harley due in a few weeks.

I'm actually way more excited for the Green Ivy than I am Harley now.
I think she might just be my best statue I own when she's in hand (unless they muck the paint up that is...then I'll be a bit miffed!!)

Who's the hypocrite? Don't think I've ever sold anything for a profit.

Me either. Sucks. :monkey2

Making a profit and buying for the sake of a profit are not one and the same. If you can get more for it, get it. Stupid not to. Doesn't mean you bought to flip.

Nice to know people can always find a reason to whine, huh? :lol

If I need to sell and break even I'm delighted :lol
I collect what I love.

Saying that it's getting silly.
No space and IM LSB, Warrior LSB, BC LSB, Red Sonja, Spidey Com, G Hulk, WS Capt. (probably cancel) and HT BD Terminator on order with P2 Maquette pre pre-ordered :slap

I hear that. Harley, Selina, DX13, Plissken, Hoth Han & Luke on Tauntauns is all I have ordered and I have no clue how I'll accomodate all of it.

But I will. :lecture

Pffft, who said it doesn't matter? I've always simply said it's not why I but statues. And it isn't. I don't care about ES or Monetary gain on the pieces I buy. That being said, far be it from me to pilfer someone else's bank account because I have something they want and I no longer want/need. The price of collectibles/art is only what someone is willing to pay for it, and I'll get whatever I can.

Just because I don't care if my pieces appreciate in value doesn't mean I'm stupid. :cuckoo:

Pffft, who said it doesn't matter? I've always simply said it's not why I but statues. And it isn't. I don't care about ES or Monetary gain on the pieces I buy. That being said, far be it from me to pilfer someone else's bank account because I have something they want and I no longer want/need. The price of collectibles/art is only what someone is willing to pay for it, and I'll get whatever I can.

Just because I don't care if my pieces appreciate in value doesn't mean I'm stupid. :cuckoo:

Agreed!!!

Ha ha exactly buddy.

If people buy what they like, solely because that's what they like, then more power to them.

If people buy stuff as speculators, hoping to get in on the ground floor of something that ends up appreciating in value significantly, then more power to them.

What makes me crazy is people buying stuff for their own reasons, then subsequently complaining like little children when Sideshow makes a decision that doesn't support those reasons. If you want to buy something for speculative reasons, go nuts, but don't blame Sideshow for not accommodating your self interest. They're not selling investments, and they aren't in business to make you money.

Back