Premium Format Poison Ivy Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's exactly what the original prototype looked like. Babyfaced with heavy, sultry eyelids.

It looked much better than the Stanley Lau art, personally. More character, more sex, more everything.

The most compelling reason to buy the new one is the chance that the production paint will actually look like that this time.

...as a matter of fact, I'm compelled. Thanks for making up my mind. :duff

That's exactly what the original prototype looked like. Babyfaced with heavy, sultry eyelids.

It looked much better than the Stanley Lau art, personally. More character, more sex, more everything.

The most compelling reason to buy the new one is the chance that the production paint will actually look like that this time.

I disagree. When I compare the art to the photos there is nothing true in what you say.

I concur.

"...chance that the production paint will actually look like that this time."

Amen to that.

I concur.

Amen to that.

I actually showed my wife the picture of the pair side by side last night that was posted a few pages back & she thinks the repaint looks much better than the original & she actually thinks that I would be better off with this one over the original.

I can't wait to order this today :)

Neil

I like the green skin better but the plants on the base of the original better. Getting this one too would just make me irresponsible though. It'll be very tempting if they're shipping out soon

I concur.

Amen to that.
I actually showed my wife the picture of the pair side by side last night that was posted a few pages back & she thinks the repaint looks much better than the original & she actually thinks that I would be better off with this one over the original.

I can't wait to order this today :)

Neil
That's because you're wrong.

Thanks for the push but your assessments are incorrect.

Why??

It's our opinion shouldn't matter what we think, if we like it then that's fine, if you're not happy then that's fine too

There's no reason to claim our opinion is wrong, it's just that opinion & we are entitled to think what we like, I'm sorry if it differs from yours but that's the way of the world.

Neil

_6a2ad8a22e0daa1835d3ac8e43f2606b_zpsb683d91a.jpg

Except that they're not. Lau's sparkly eyed Ivy looks like an innocent young girl, neither of which are attributes consistent with the character. They're only consistent with his style, which manages to render every woman he draws as sweet, pretty and of ambiguous age. He's a very talented artist, and his women are very attractive, but he's extremely one-note and his failure to capture Ivy's essence is brought into stark relief by Mark Newman and Kat Sapene's success.

Except that they're not. Lau's sparkly eyed Ivy looks like an innocent young girl, neither of which are attributes consistent with the character. They're only consistent with his style, which manages to render every woman he draws as sweet, pretty and of ambiguous age. He's a very talented artist, and his women are very attractive, but he's extremely one-note and his failure to capture Ivy's essence is brought into stark relief by Mark Newman and Kat Sapene's success.

That's pretty spot on, in my opinion. :goodpost:

Someone on here did a repaint and it looked absolutely awesome. I would be ok with that one. Just not fond of the factory flesh tones and eyes on the factory version.

Someone on here did a repaint and it looked absolutely awesome. I would be ok with that one. Just not fond of the factory flesh tones and eyes on the factory version.

EDIT: Saw Chris' post now. :)

That would be the custom johnnykristensen got done. poison ivy repainted

"Just not fond of the factory flesh tones and eyes on the factory version.":

Even if the eyes had more details, she would have looked much better. The factory flesh tone actually made her look "lifeless" imo. I don't know, something was missing. But maybe that is the best they can do in a mass produced statue. As I said earlier, I think the new 'green' one could take care of the flaws we saw related with colour tone in the original, just my opinion though.

(Nice to see that the artist went with light green)

Now that is magnificent. Thanks for posting again Chris. That is a total transformation and makes her completely worth while.

Back