Premium Format Poison Ivy Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What? It's photoshopped? Not even an actual piece? No wonder it looks so smooth and vibrant. Is this for real?

It's hard to tell. What has already been mentioned that the coloring on the picture seem almost "too perfect" is correct, and it almost looks like some photoshopping and some color-replacing.

What I am also talking about is the recent announcements of the following pieces. All of which use concept art and drawings as promotional art. SSC are rushing announcements before they even have anything to show for. I find that disheartening. In the case of Captain America WS, we are presented display options, but we are still beholding a simple drawing. Nothing that really has to do with the real world. Sad...

And Star-Lord... The drawing looks so rushed. It's pretty obvious that it's something they quickly put together just after the first trailer was released. It's such a sloppy drawing... Doesn't really give you the impression that SSC do too much in long-term planning, instead, it nurtures the idea that they rush things out depending on general public hype and interest.

preview_star-lord_3003791.jpg

3003771-captain-america-001.jpg
300377-captain-america-001.jpg

All good points DarthChrisDK. It seems like this is a new trend for Sideshow. I don't mind too much when they state that something is concept art and offer promotions like order without a NRD. This green version however seems misleading and they don't mention that it's a digital sculpt or concept, which it may not be, I'm just assuming.

I guess I'm just saying that people shouldn't get too excited over this preview until Thursday.

They changed factories by default it is already better since the bar wasnt set that high to begin with. If you enjoy it all the more power to you. I choose not to have this debate with someone so neurotic.

How unfair of you. He was willing to stoop to debating with someone so obnoxious. :dunno

One Hulk has been released and the other is up next week. Catwoman & Obi have both been seen at SDCC.
The point is teasers are 90% concept art so I don't really understand your gripe with Star-Lord.

You lost me. Obi-Wan and Catwoman aren't up next week?

My gripe, to use your wording, is that they rush things out, almost over night (some of the artwork would seem so). Besides, Cap A. isn't just a teaser. It's an actual product being up for PO, and SSC haven't even showed what he looks like. Yes, it's due to direct competition with GG, but that doesn't make it less disheartening to observe.

The bottom line of this talk is: Sideshow have absolutely no scruples using half-finished or incomplete/rushed artwork in the promotion of new pieces. Therefore, I wouldn't be surprised if the green variant of Poison Ivy is in fact a photoshop manipulation.

I know SS are lacking scruples, more to do with fake sellouts and Low Quantity alerts in my experience.
My point is apart from WS Capt. there are pictures of the actual product at the time of pre-order.
At least they offered no NRD, easy cancel it we don't actually like the finished product, and double points.

This being PS is pure speculation and hopefully that isn't the case, but...
Agreed, it wouldn't surprise me if it was.

If the statue is going to be the green shown, and still the same sculpt, why does it matter that it's photoshop?

That's the thing, I don't feel that the green shown in the preview is representative of what it will look like. It's very vibrant and pretty dark. I don't know that it is photoshopped, but I think that the PO might look quite different from the preview. I could be totally wrong

Of course that pic of the green Ivy isn't the actual product. Just look at the leaves covering her chest. There's no way the actual piece is going to have darker and lighter shades of green on it like in that pic. Not to mention the fact that it's a pre-order and not ready to ship.

Of course that pic of the green Ivy isn't the actual product. Just look at the leaves covering her chest. There's no way the actual piece is going to have darker and lighter shades of green on it like in that pic. Not to mention the fact that it's a pre-order and not ready to ship.

They have had short times between preorder and shipping before, so it could be soon.

That's the thing, I don't feel that the green shown in the preview is representative of what it will look like. It's very vibrant and pretty dark. I don't know that it is photoshopped, but I think that the PO might look quite different from the preview. I could be totally wrong

But it's a teaser. And if the pre-order solicit pics are photoshopped too, that's still just prototype/stand-in. I'd hope for an actual prototype, but the production figure is all that matters, and when does production faithfully match proto?

:dunno

I'll care when the shipped figure sucks.

This being PS is pure speculation and hopefully that isn't the case, but...
Agreed, it wouldn't surprise me if it was.

Just to clear up this speculation...the preview and pics of Ivy that will be posted next week are not of a photoshopped ivy. This is a prototype...I've walked by it in the office many times over the last several months. :)

-SideshowAlex

Back