Premium Format Poison Ivy Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it can be done for cheaper, just depends on what you want done and who you're getting to paint it.

Of course. I'm not saying everybody needs to use HBM to repaint their Ivy's. However, there is no denying the INCREDIBLE job he did on Ivy. As I said, I think it looked even BETTER than the SSC proto. There are a ton of artists with varying talents (and varying prices) that could do the job. However, after seeing the HBM repaint, I can't look at another Ivy in the same way again.

Of course. I'm not saying everybody needs to use HBM to repaint their Ivy's. However, there is no denying the INCREDIBLE job he did on Ivy. As I said, I think it looked even BETTER than the SSC proto. There are a ton of artists with varying talents (and varying prices) that could do the job. However, after seeing the HBM repaint, I can't look at another Ivy in the same way again.

I feel the same way. It definitely raises the bar of 1/4 statues with such a paint application. But having collected these statues for years, I've learned to come to peace with the standard of SSC. That's not a bad thing. Generally, they have set the standard for many years. Sure, it would be nice to have a collection purely with the paint app of the level of John Allred, but then we are talking a different way of collecting, and definitely something I cannot sustain.

I'm sure I'll be happy with Green Ivy just the way she is. If it's really bad, then I'll start looking at my options, but it's a slippery slope since you will start doing the same line of thinking for all of your statues.

sharing my Poison Ivy PF repaint. happy with the more vibrant colors of the repaint but still faithful to the original.
feel free to share your thoughts.

Ivy.jpg

Ivy2.jpg

So you deleted the original post a put it up again?
Didn't like my opinion? Don't ask then :huh

i didnt delete my post because of you. i wanted to make the photos bigger. cos in my original post they look so small you can't really see much detail. so i reposted it. your comment was very welcome. i appreciate it.

So much prettier than original paint app. :). SS, please take notes

That's a very good repaint for $70 well worth it.

I think the skin looks fine but I do think the green of the plants is a bit too bright for me I prefer the subdued lighter shade for them.

All in all though cracking work for $70 :clap:clap

Wish we could stuff done that cheaply here.

Neil

thanks guys!! i can't bare to look at the paint of my old Ivy. so glad that I decided to have it repainted. yea the hair is a bit too shiny but happy with it overall. :)
people who got good paint are so lucky!!

thanks guys!! i can't bare to look at the paint of my old Ivy. so glad that I decided to have it repainted. yea the hair is a bit too shiny but happy with it overall. :)
people who got good paint are so lucky!!

Well, the best Ivy's received from SSC don't top the repaint you had done. It was $70 well spent.

Back