Premium Format Poison Ivy Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that the guy who paid $700 for his repaint? If it is, I have no idea why he'd be complaining about the new version on Sideshow's facebook page. The paintjob he received is gorgeous, and well worth the money. This new release would not compromise the value of his unique piece in any way. In the first place, he removed it from the original market the moment the statue was changed from the stock factory paint. That market is what would be affected by a variant, so his is safe. In the second place, I don't see how anyone could be concerned with the value of a well done custom piece (that had well over a grand invested into it) relative to the value of a statue of mass produced quality.

If it's not the same guy, then disregard. I am just awestruck that anyone with an Ivy painted that beautifully would be worried about any Ivy that came out of China.

:duff

Once a statue is customized, it's technically not worth anything. I dunno why the guy is complaining either

What makes me crazy is people buying stuff for their own reasons, then subsequently complaining like little children when Sideshow makes a decision that doesn't support those reasons. If you want to buy something for speculative reasons, go nuts, but don't blame Sideshow for not accommodating your self interest. They're not selling investments, and they aren't in business to make you money.

Amen.

Once a statue is customized, it's technically not worth anything. I dunno why the guy is complaining either

That's what I meant by it no longer being part of the original market. Technically, it becomes its own, highly limited (OOAK) market, with a correspondingly limited customer base.

Back