Premium Format Poison Ivy Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man! I'm gonna want one. Got so much on pre order already though. A new base will make it like a whole new statue and since it looks like the same pose maybe the green and original will both fit in each other's bases

Man! I'm gonna want one. Got so much on pre order already though. A new base will make it like a whole new statue and since it looks like the same pose maybe the green and original will both fit in each other's bases

I don't know if it's a whole new base, SSAlex just said it was a change to one of the base elements. So maybe a change to the man eating flowers :dunno

Maybe a catwoman in a purple outfit repaint next? It's the same thing really....... A dark brown repaint of red Sonja? Might as well repaint the first hulk to a lighter green and doom since people missed them.

Maybe a catwoman in a purple outfit repaint next? It's the same thing really....... A dark brown repaint of red Sonja? Might as well repaint the first hulk to a lighter green and doom since people missed them.

Being that Catwoman is mostly fabric I don't think that work, but I get what you're trying to say.

I would be laughing if they rereleased the sitting Doom in another costume. Wouldn't bother me at all. original is way overpriced. I don't care how nice it is. Its not made out of diamond

I know quite a few peeps have issues with variants. I really don't mind them that much. My only real issue with variants is I wish that SSC would put them up at the same time as the original pieces. This way peeps can choose which one they want to add to their collection.

Yes. That would have been much simpler. C'est la vie.

Maybe a catwoman in a purple outfit repaint next? It's the same thing really.......

Except the gloves, boots, hair (depending on the version), and costume would all need to be changed if they're going to keep the variant as comic-accurate as possible.

Poison Ivy had green skin for almost 10 years before the New 52 "reboot".

I wonder if companies like SS stop numbering their statues and not use phrases like "Limited Edition", if this hobby would still be as popular as it is given the costs of this hobby. People who invest in a large statue collection want to be able to at least get their money back if they have to sell due to financial reasons.

I know a few on here would disagree but a lot of the desirability of collecting these statues is knowing their fairly rare, if that's not the case anymore how many would continue to collect? It does feel like SS is pushing the boundaries with higher prices, higher ES #'s and to a lesser degree the occasional variant.

I understand as a business you want to expand and grow, I just hope they don't destroy part of their customer base in doing so.

I wonder if companies like SS stop numbering their statues and not use phrases like "Limited Edition", if this hobby would still be as popular as it is given the costs of this hobby. People who invest in a large statue collection want to be able to at least get their money back if they have to sell due to financial reasons.

I know a few on here would disagree but a lot of the desirability of collecting these statues is knowing their fairly rare, if that's not the case anymore how many would continue to collect? It does feel like SS is pushing the boundaries with higher prices, higher ES #'s and to a lesser degree the occasional variant.

I understand as a business you want to expand and grow, I just hope they don't destroy part of their customer base in doing so.

Not to be a **** but if all the ES, I want a rare collectible, it's not a collectible if it's not rare people left, I wouldn't shed a single tear. Sideshow might because they'd lose money on people who think polystone is some kind of investment, which is ridiculous, but is something that happens in collecting anything.

They could always test it out by producing an item, let's call it a LSF for arguments sake, then charge something silly, say $2,000, for it and see if they sell.

Waitlists are important. :cuckoo:

I may be poor, but thank the gods I am not cheap. This hobby would suck like a 3 penny whore if I had to do more than like, wait, pay and enjoy.

They could always test it out by producing an item, let's call it a LSF for arguments sake, then charge something silly, say $2,000, for it and see if they sell.

I'd be curious to know how many they actually sell, given there is only a handful of them I would bet that the LSF's make up a very small portion of their overall income.

Back