Premium Format Poison Ivy Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Decided to get this version. I have the original, may sell that one. Or may just keep both..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm kinda new to this, so I'm a little confussed about what these statues are made of. Are they made out of stone?

:welcome statuedude...

Polystone is a manufacturing medium used for cast sculptures, it is hard to find one that delivers a cleaner, more substantial representation of an original sculpture than a product manufactured in Polystone. Polystone has a significant weight, a porcelain like feel to the touch, and an incredible ability to capture the most minute detail, making it unsurpassed in collectible manufacturing materials.

Polystone is a compound made up largely of polyurethane resin mixed with powdered stone additives that give it added weight and the porcelain or "stone-like" feel that resulted in the materials name itself. Polystone is durable and highly effective at maintaining a sharp paint finish. Unlike porcelain which is fired in an oven, Polystone is a cold-cast material in which no heat is used in the manufacturing process, resulting in much greater variations of paint finish.

:welcome statuedude...

Polystone is a manufacturing medium used for cast sculptures, it is hard to find one that delivers a cleaner, more substantial representation of an original sculpture than a product manufactured in Polystone. Polystone has a significant weight, a porcelain like feel to the touch, and an incredible ability to capture the most minute detail, making it unsurpassed in collectible manufacturing materials.

Polystone is a compound made up largely of polyurethane resin mixed with powdered stone additives that give it added weight and the porcelain or "stone-like" feel that resulted in the materials name itself. Polystone is durable and highly effective at maintaining a sharp paint finish. Unlike porcelain which is fired in an oven, Polystone is a cold-cast material in which no heat is used in the manufacturing process, resulting in much greater variations of paint finish.
That's one hell of an answer dude. Thanks for the info.

This statue has totally soothing look to it man. The green is so relaxing. I could place it next to a couple plants and it would blend in with the nature. These things are really heavy, so I was thinking they were made out of some kind of stone. My girl had to help me carry my Batman up the stairs. I felt like I was lifting weights and it was totally bumming me out.

This statue has totally soothing look to it man. The green is so relaxing. I could place it next to a couple plants and it would blend in with the nature. These things are really heavy, so I was thinking they were made out of some kind of stone. My girl had to help me carry my Batman up the stairs. I felt like I was lifting weights and it was totally bumming me out.

You haven't tried picking up a hulk PF have you? :lol

Nope we were all being professional collectors just voicing our own opinions in an adult manner. :lecture

I think you're right, if not more. But I hope I'm a dummy and is way off.
Your a professional collector man? How did you manage to do that? What do you just buy a bunch and sell them? You must know a lot about these things dude. You're lucky, that radical bro.

Back