Premium Format DC Comics Superman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't see the scam there.
Once he accepts the cancellation where's the comeback?

A lot of people, myself included, hate giving eBay cash.

Could be a genuine nice guy, I know it's rare.

Thanks for the advice. Yeah I googled it and it seems he's just trying to save me seller fees. Not sure if I cancel if he could say "didn't receive item" but maybe he's just a good guy. Never had an odd request like that though. LOL and yeah on ebay it IS odd to find a decent buyer.

If he agrees to cancel the transaction he's got less grounds to say he didn't receive it.

That's the way I see it anyway.

Cool. Not sure if I will risk it as I've never cheated the system so to speak. Ebay fees are huge tho. LOL guess I will sleep on it, maybe research a bit more. Thanks Collectorcol, really appreciate the advice as it's something I don't know much about.

Hey guys, off topic but asking for advice: I sold my Cobra Commander 1/6 on ebay last week and the guy sends me the following message:

"Hi Mark, got the figure today and it's amazing! I feel sorry that you had to let it go, I know the felling I sold many of my statues so I could afford hot toys.
Send me the cancellation of transaction so this way it'll save a very good chunk of money. Do not leave me feedback or you'll not be able to send the cancellation."

WTF, why is he asking me to cancel a transaction? He paid for it, all is good, is the guy trying to scam or what? Why the heck would he want me to "cancel transaction" and why is he so concerned about saving me a chunk of change?

Opinions would be appreciated.

I must be confused, but if you sold the item and he payed for it, wouldn't cancelling the figure give him back his money? Maybe I am miss understanding something, but if you cancel it I would think paypal and ebay give him his money he payed back. Since it is like saying you didn't want the item anymore or never received it. I must be missing important information though about this transaction.

I must be confused, but if you sold the item and he payed for it, wouldn't cancelling the figure give him back his money? Maybe I am miss understanding something, but if you cancel it I would think paypal and ebay give him his money he payed back. Since it is like saying you didn't want the item anymore or never received it. I must be missing important information though about this transaction.

No you're exactly right. He sent me that exact email via my seller inbox on ebay after he received it. My concern is that ebay would automatically refund him after I agree to cancel. I've sold tons of stuff on ebay for me and the wife and not once have we ever had someone receive the item and say "I received it, it looks awesome, now cancel the transation to save yourself money (paraphrasing)." It just seems odd. Could be a nice person but seems shady so I don't think I should risk it. Also I CHOSE to sell on ebay so why not pay the fees like always? Better to be honest.

No you're exactly right. He sent me that exact email via my seller inbox on ebay after he received it. My concern is that ebay would automatically refund him after I agree to cancel. I've sold tons of stuff on ebay for me and the wife and not once have we ever had someone receive the item and say "I received it, it looks awesome, now cancel the transation to save yourself money (paraphrasing)." It just seems odd. Could be a nice person but seems shady so I don't think I should risk it. Also I CHOSE to sell on ebay so why not pay the fees like always? Better to be honest.

Tell him if he is so concerned about saving you money you will cancel the transaction upon receiving the full amount via Paypal gift. He'd have to pay you before canceling so if he was trying to be shaddy and get a refund and keep item you'll know because he won't agree too it. It shifts the risk of loss and worry on to him

Tell him if he is so concerned about saving you money you will cancel the transaction upon receiving the full amount via Paypal gift. He'd have to pay you twice and then if he was trying to be shaddy you'll know because he won't agree too it. It shifts the risk of loss and worry on to him

LOL thanks, you guys are awesome. Yeah, weirdest request I ever had on ebay. I'm just not comfortable with doing it so yeah better to put it back on him. LOL I think that request for him to pay me twice will end his correspondence with me. :lol Thanks for all the help guys, didn't mean to derail the thread. Good advice!

Okay then yeah sounds exactly like he wants to get it for free. If you cancel he'll get his money back so he isn't saving you anything, unless he sent you payment through paypal. It is really odd, I have done deals around ebay but avoid the fees cause they pay me through paypal. But that is before I ship the item to them not after the fact. If I were you I would just reply and say thanks, but no thanks and leave it at that. Don't reply back to him after that, because I am positive he'll try to still get you to do it. I have dealt with people like that on ebay and the best thing to do is just to ignore them. And hey if he won't leave you alone then you can always block him on ebay and that will be the end of that.

Hey Guys thanks for all the compliments on the photos I posted. SS have really blown me away with Bats and now Superman it will be worth the wait for you guys.

Okay then yeah sounds exactly like he wants to get it for free. If you cancel he'll get his money back so he isn't saving you anything, unless he sent you payment through paypal. It is really odd, I have done deals around ebay but avoid the fees cause they pay me through paypal. But that is before I ship the item to them not after the fact. If I were you I would just reply and say thanks, but no thanks and leave it at that. Don't reply back to him after that, because I am positive he'll try to still get you to do it. I have dealt with people like that on ebay and the best thing to do is just to ignore them. And hey if he won't leave you alone then you can always block him on ebay and that will be the end of that.

So damn shady. Yeah the request just seems bizarre lol. Not going to do what he asks but will be polite then ignore him. If he pulls anything (even though I am forced to leave him positive feedback on ebay) I can still write "BUYER SCAMMED ME" in bold so on the feedback someone sees it. This is why I never leave feedback until the funds have cleared. Too many shady people out there. I will wait for him to leave me feedback, then once funds clear be done with it and ignore. Thanks :)

Hey Guys thanks for all the compliments on the photos I posted. SS have really blown me away with Bats and now Superman it will be worth the wait for you guys.

Sorry Ondi, I was having a little drama which the guys helped clear up for me. Back to you.... and yes, Supes is looking AWESOME. Sorry for distracting. :)

Hey guys, I have a quick question for you.

I ordered a 12" Darth Malgus which shipped two days ago and the tracking info says it should arrive here on Wednesday next week. Today my Superman shipped which also is supposed to arrive here on Wednesday next week.

Why would the larger package take less time to arrive? They're both the same shipping type.

Only thing I can think of is that the first package might be waiting for the same boat for shipment?

They told me that they only ship the figure now if your card ends in either a 2 or a 6. Also it has to be a half moon on that evening of shipping and it absolutely CAN'T be raining on any of the previous 2 days before shipping.

I think I'm in with a chance lads.

Some new pics for youse guys...

14brzhu.jpg

1zcad5.jpg

2lwu1cw.jpg

16k8i1z.jpg

2mfj7gm.jpg

They told me that they only ship the figure now if your card ends in either a 2 or a 6. Also it has to be a half moon on that evening of shipping and it absolutely CAN'T be raining on any of the previous 2 days before shipping.

I think I'm in with a chance lads.

Wait...it can't be raining at Sideshow, or at my place? I might be screwed here...

Back