Holy ____!! Galactus!!...Link to Buy in 1st Post!.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi friends

I have recently bought this statue and this is amazing, I only have good words to say from this. It's the biggest figure that I have.

One question about figures, the artboxes of big statues from Sideshow, like this galactus or any premium format, always are little damaged in the corners and ittle scruffings in the box?

I question it cause this is my first sideshow statue and, I am wanti g to buy 2 or 3 premium format and Hulk Maquette, I collect boxes and I want the in good condition but if always comes damaged I will accept it.

Many thanks

Hi friends

I have recently bought this statue and this is amazing, I only have good words to say from this. It's the biggest figure that I have.

One question about figures, the artboxes of big statues from Sideshow, like this galactus or any premium format, always are little damaged in the corners and ittle scruffings in the box?

I question it cause this is my first sideshow statue and, I am wanti g to buy 2 or 3 premium format and Hulk Maquette, I collect boxes and I want the in good condition but if always comes damaged I will accept it.

Many thanks
I heard some have like liver spots (brown spots all over)

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

If CBG suggests you ask for a new box ignore him :lol
China > Cali, Cali > you. They're going to get banged up a bit.
Enjoy what's inside. If it's not broken the box did its job well

Hi friends

Many thanks

It's not abnormal to have dents especially on the corner. Especially for the larger pieces. I think all of my large boxes have crunched or dented corners. One or two have tiny punctures. Nothing out of the ordinary. What's most important is that the statue is ok!

Hi to all

Many thanks for all responses. You are right, the boxes are not very important, it only was a questoon to know about other collector boxes.

When I have my cabinets displayed I will post photos of the here.

Very pleased friends

I actually do care about the box condition. The bigger they are the more impossible it is to get a good one though. The guys handling them in shipping just drop em rather than risk hurting their back. It's understandable. It's not theirs so what do they care. Sideshow really should bubble wrap them all though and use the styrofoam corner pieces, then placed inside the shipping box. But that's just my opinion.

Open ES doesn't mean these are going to be in production forever. It's no longer searchable. If they were still taking orders, it should still have a page up. A long delay between batches has never stopped them from taking orders for something like the Wolverine LSF.

It may be premature, but this could be it folks! Congrats to all that snagged this masterpiece.
You've got one of the best pieces SS has ever put out- for any license. Pat yourself on the back 'cause this just may have entered the realm of grail status.

Pat yourself on the back 'cause this just may have entered the realm of grail status.

Really? What do you think is going to happen when this piece starts to climb in the aftermarket? Just look at all the poor peeps that dropped serious $$$ on the Obi Mythos. SSC went back and finished the run on it. Peeps had another shot at getting it for retail. Same thing will happen here. Big G is never far away from having another batch released if demand spikes for the piece. All they have to do is put the PO page back up on any open ES piece if the demand is there.

well...I may have spoke too soon as it is indeed "sold out"- however they are taking waitlist resv.
Yes, I'm sure that if they get swamped with WL orders, they'll kick out another batch. However, given the feature (lights), and size makes this a little more complex to produce properly. If they were getting a bunch of returns for lights or whatever reasons- this is not going to be an efficient or economical statue to produce. And if that's the case, it will take more than just a handful of wait-listers to motivate them to produce more.

But I still believe what I said about this being one of the best things SS has ever produced. People may just have to continue to settle for that.

well...I may have spoke too soon as it is indeed "sold out"- however they are taking waitlist resv.
Yes, I'm sure that if they get swamped with WL orders, they'll kick out another batch. However, given the feature (lights), and size makes this a little more complex to produce properly. If they were getting a bunch of returns for lights or whatever reasons- this is not going to be an efficient or economical statue to produce. And if that's the case, it will take more than just a handful of wait-listers to motivate them to produce more.

But I still believe what I said about this being one of the best things SS has ever produced. People may just have to continue to settle for that.

No doubt, this is one of the very best SSC statues ever made. An open ES practically kills any chance of it reaching grail status. However, that shouldn't matter if all one wants is a KILLER Galactus statue in their collection. That's exactly what this is. Best Big G statue I have ever seen.

Really? What do you think is going to happen when this piece starts to climb in the aftermarket? Just look at all the poor peeps that dropped serious $$$ on the Obi Mythos. SSC went back and finished the run on it. Peeps had another shot at getting it for retail. Same thing will happen here. Big G is never far away from having another batch released if demand spikes for the piece. All they have to do is put the PO page back up on any open ES piece if the demand is there.

Well said. Sells out, then more batches will come as needed years from now. Even a black repaint can't be far away.

Back