Medicom Evangelion Eva 01

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's basically twice as much as the other ones. Even if it is a bit taller and considering the extra arms and the lances… it's still just not worth $400+ to me. I feel the others at around $250 or so are a real hard sell for me, they're barely worth it.

Glad I jumped ship on this line to be honest. They do have a great presence, but in the end I don't think the 1/6th doll scale works for Eva.

They just cost way too much for the quality and potential issues with ripping seams and broken bits.
I feel like these things could easily sell for $180 and be profitable due to the lack of materials used. I feel like if you get them on PO on a japanese site they are around $150 or so, but by the time they wind up on ebay and shipping the excessively large boxes they end up at $300 bucks.

No diecast. No real head sculpt that would cost a lot. Total lack of accessories. Cheap stand. No real clothing to sew.
The plastic isn't particularly nice and the rubber is cheap.

Not sure where their price points come from other than.. medicom.

Saying all that though, it is impressive looking. Not trying to diss anybody who loves them either. I see the appeal.

Last edited:
Medicom I think has gone on record as stating that they price to make them a "high end collector item" rather than priced to what they cost to produce… at least I have vague memories of reading an interview that said something to that effect.

All of Medicom's stuff looks great but all of it is delicate as hell and feels like you don't get a lot for what you pay for.

I wonder if it will come with a switch-out head with red eyes. Maybe for the first-run bonus or something. 'Pretty sure 13's eyes were in "awakening" mode when the second pair of arms deployed.

Medicom I think has gone on record as stating that they price to make them a "high end collector item" rather than priced to what they cost to produce… at least I have vague memories of reading an interview that said something to that effect.

All of Medicom's stuff looks great but all of it is delicate as hell and feels like you don't get a lot for what you pay for.

Too bad the quality isn't "high end collector item".
Maybe if they weren't so cheap and had some diecast in them or something.

I don't think diecast would help. I wouldn't trust Medicom with diecast. That would be a nightmare of rust, chipping paint, and broken joints. It's not the materials used or even their designs… it's just generally poor quality control for things that cost so much.

Has anyone else with the medicom eva beta and gamma seen discoloration develop on the white abdominal part over time? It looks like the white abdominal part absorbed the black dye from the part of the black cloth it covers.

I got this on sale from Amiami which lessens the heartburn a little bit, but still.

That's not discoloration, that's intentional airbrushing. At least that's what I always thought it was, has been on mine since I got it.

That's not discoloration, that's intentional airbrushing. At least that's what I always thought it was, has been on mine since I got it.

pretty sure it's not airbrushing. I don't remember the effect being so pronounced when I first got it. I took a peak under the white ab part and from what I think I'm seeing the black dye is being absorbed by the white plastic. I would think that if it's airbrushing then it'll only be on the topside of the part, not the bottom.

71A3A16E-F4F3-4043-BB3D-4EAE4D564949_zpsumtqi5rf.jpg

You could be right. I haven't looked too closely at mine in awhile. Eva02 gamma has none of that though that could be because it's glossy rather than matte finish vinyl? Not sure.

i just checked the 02 gamma. Same thing happening to a lesser degree. The black dye hasn't seeped through the topside as much (possibly because of the glossy treatment of the white vinyl), but there are hints of it. It may only be a few more weeks before they bleed through.

Does anyone know Medicom's customer service info? I don't know if they can do anything at this point but it may be worth a try.

Yeah, it's why I avoid anything soft if I can. I am also really worried about the sewn vinyl undersuit. I have had those go horribly wrong (the vinyl coating melting and flaking off) on previous Medicom figures.

…and oh crap. Yeah just looked at my Eva 08. The bleeding is really bad on mine. I haven't really looked at it in a few months. This **** is ridiculous. As I recall people had a hellva time getting anything out of Medicom in the past. If you have any luck let me know.

Damn, my 08 is bleeding very badly too. Any idea on how to stop it?

I got nothing. I just packed mine up and am done with Medicom. Been burned too many times (every time actually), never again.

ugh this is concerning since I have the new eva 01 on preorder with the lance and four arms.....

I personally will never buy from Medicom again. I have been burned on every single purchase. I have only bought a handful of things but they are from a wide variety of eras and the fact that I had issues with every one in such a small sample size is worrying. They look great, cost way way too much, and the aways have some fatal flaw that usually results in a ruined product.

That's been my experience anyway.

I personally will never buy from Medicom again. I have been burned on every single purchase. I have only bought a handful of things but they are from a wide variety of eras and the fact that I had issues with every one in such a small sample size is worrying. They look great, cost way way too much, and the aways have some fatal flaw that usually results in a ruined product.

That's been my experience anyway.

That's a damn shame. I was really, really tempted to get their Eva 01, but stories like yours made me cancel my preorder. I owe you all a thanks for giving me a heads up on Medicom and saving me hundreds of dollars.

Back