Dr. Doom Legendary Scale Figure - order now from first post!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe have a foto for the light strips in the glass =) ... Are you using glass or acrylic? I suppose you shall have a door glass, where u can open it, instead of having to lift the entire glass (so heavy)
I'm gonna use some UV resistant whatever is see through lol.

With it's size & presence I'm sure it easily will :)
Yeah, people who haven't seen it in person can not understand how massive it is. It dwarfs Wolvie and every other LSF so far. there's nothing that will detract attention from him if he's in the room.

Got your PM buddy ;) unfortunately the custom cases I use for my collection are only obtainable from within the UK so don't think it would help you very much...sorry :(

If i'm being totally honest, as nice as most collectibles look inside a glass or Perspex case, I wont be using cases on any of my LSF's...instead i'll be focusing on what the Doom base will be placed on which will be some kind of rectangular plinths similar to what Sideshow were using for their LSF display :) I'd imagine that these kind of plinths would be fairly easy to make to help save cost or alternatively, one could improvise and use some kind of similar shaped piece of table or furniture unit and cover it up with a black sheet to recreate the same affect :)

y3arury4.jpg

I like that... simple and looks elegant. Simple square black or dark brown base will probably pull off the similar look =)
I agree Roberto, nothing beats the statue out in the open display, just worry the fabric gets dirty after a while and tough to clean it :mad:... How would you go about the lighting if it was displayed like in sdcc sir?

I like that... simple and looks elegant. Simple square black or dark brown base will probably pull off the similar look =)
I agree Roberto, nothing beats the statue out in the open display, just worry the fabric gets dirty after a while and tough to clean it :mad:... How would you go about the lighting if it was displayed like in sdcc sir?
Yea, as you know brother, I love my display cases display cases and totally agree that for Collectibles, nothing looks more amazing or professional when it's on display with cool lighting, however, with these larger high end pieces, nothing beats that feeling of being able to get touch close to it and admire all the detail in all it's glory...

In regards to lighting my friend there can be many options...however, I'm still a huge fan of the LED ropes that I currently use for my displays. They are extremely bright and powered by the mains so will give you continued power and brightness 24 hours a day and 365 days a year! :) to give you an idea, I had used them for my Wolverine LSF display when it was on display...here are a few pics of how bright the led lights are when the room lights are turned off...

y2e6ygu8.jpg

y4apygy8.jpg

Last edited:
So the LED basically wraps around the base, following the base shape? Singular color led or ones that can change many variation of color? Is there a switch for on/off, or you must plug/unplug Roberto? Me noob in DIY mate :lol.

So the LED basically wraps around the base, following the base shape? Singular color led or ones that can change many variation of color? Is there a switch for on/off, or you must plug/unplug Roberto? Me noob in DIY mate :lol.

That's right bud...the LEDs wrap around the base :exactly: the LEDs can be purchased in 4 basic colours, Red, Crystal White (which is shown in my Wolvie LSF pics), Blue and Green. Yes, the lights are attached by the mains my friend...simply plug in and viola :)

Alternatively, you could also use Dioder lights from IKEA which give off a nice effect. Here are some example pics of my Iron Man MKI 1/2 Scale with Dioder lighting :)

5upa2ype.jpg

3eguvyda.jpg

amu5ehyt.jpg

I've had a lot of pieces under display cases in the past, and I think they look much better out in the open. Pedestals are crazy expensive.

Love how they look Roberto. Dioder looks nice, you can't see the cables (can change color to what we want I guess?). Just one strip at the back, gives it a mysterious light up.... A different effect than typical light from top to bottom :)

I've had a lot of pieces under display cases in the past, and I think they look much better out in the open. Pedestals are crazy expensive.
I'd rather have two pieces on a table than one piece and an expensive case.
(can change color to what we want I guess?)
Dioder have a dial to change colour, pretty cool.

Have to agree with cases. Have a few for hard to reach and therefore dust places. Same with pieces that are hard to dust (hot toys 1/4 batman). The statues I mostly just keep on shelves and dust. Lighting is very important and ikea is a good place to pickup a wide range of options. My wolverine LSF I can confirm dusts very easily.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have to agree with cases. Have a few for hard to reach and therefore dust places. Same with pieces that are hard to dust (hot toys 1/4 batman). The statues I mostly just keep on shelves and dust. Lighting is very important and ikea is a good place to pickup a wide range of options. My wolverine LSF I can confirm dusts very easily.

Wolverine LSF is a whole lot of fabric, and bright yellow too... How do you clean it? With lint roller like for pets fur?

I have commented on this in another thread before but in summary a STATUES ONLY PC dust blower and clean soft brushes work wonders on most things IF REGULARLY done. I also have a soft brush clean dyson vacuum attachment that works well for large statues/surfaces etc. I have had 2 years of very scant dust on any of my pieces so I know it works....IF DONE regularly obviously. If cleaning isn't your thing then a large custom case will be the only way however.

Last edited:
Love how they look Roberto. Dioder looks nice, you can't see the cables (can change color to what we want I guess?). Just one strip at the back, gives it a mysterious light up.... A different effect than typical light from top to bottom :)

Thanks my friend...lighting always plays an important role when creating the perfect display and thankfully for us collectors, there are many ways to light our pieces up :yess:

release date pushed from may to july.

this is not unexpected and I for one feel a bit relieved cause i needed the extra time to finance this cool looking fella

if it ships at the end of july i'd like to see what the final product will look like at comic con

Back