Dr. Doom Legendary Scale Figure - order now from first post!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have my doubts . . . No other LSF has ever had this why is this any different?

1000? They'll be very fortunate to sell even half that amount. I would guess over the lifetime of this piece they move 300 or so max.

We'll see in a month or so hopefully but my instinct is that this is not going to be numbered.

If it's numbered you'll need a forklift to have a look under the base once it's displayed. :lol

Nah. My arms are pretty close to fork lifts. I can handle him. I know it seems rather trivial to care whether or not there's a number on the bottom of the base but it's one of the things I take into consideration when making a purchase. I've purchased two open es statues. One was my wolverine LSF cause That's my dude. The other was galactus which was just an amazingly well done statue and at a really fair price. Even if they make a couple thousand the ES thing is a comfort blanket for me I guess. I'm not a supporter of companies producing statues with the rights to reprint inventory at any time they choose to do so. Just my preference man. No right or wrong. If this does get an es I would consider buying him

He's a salesman. He'd probably tell you it lays golden eggs :lol

He seemed very sincere talking about the statues when I spoke with him at Comic Con. Doom was his favorite. I even asked him about the embroidered cloak I saw that Sideshow had posted in a sneak peak once but the finished product didn't have it. He told me it had to get cut because while they could easily do it in their production studio, it became very difficult for the production manufacturer to reproduce with the same quality they desired.

I highly doubt he would have just openly lied to me. lol.

Didn't he also try to sell the PF? :lol It's his job.

James, that little number makes a big difference if you ever need to sell.
I really need to love an OE piece to buy it, didn't deter me from Big H.

Didn't he also try to sell the PF? :lol It's his job.

James, that little number makes a big difference if you ever need to sell.
I really need to love an OE piece to buy it, didn't deter me from Big H.

Well to give him the benefit of the doubt, Dr. Doom was his favorite so why wouldn't he talk about both statues? lol. But yeh, I cut him off when he tried to talk about the premium format and got him to refocus on the legendary figure. hahaha. The dude knew what he was talking about. I'm very confident in knowing that I'll be getting a very high quality figure. ^__^

seriously, an SS rep talking up the product? that's unheard of.

Lol. He wasn't any ordinary rep. He really liked the Doom & Obi-Won statues. He was part of the production of their creation. I'm pretty sure I remember him saying he was the production supervisor.

He went into lengthy detail on the Obi-Won statue that I didn't care about. LoL. About how they kept redoing the portrait because there was always someone who didn't like how it looked (which was what caused it to keep getting pushed back). About how they were having some minor production problems with lighting up the lightsaber. etc. But I kept drawing him back to the Doom statue. haha.

Idk, I won't hold my breath on this actually having a ES or even being numbered. I really doubt it will have either.

Believe it when I see it. SS marketing strategy has been quiet dodgy at times. :dunno

Having an ES on this would be the icing on the cake so to speak on what's already going to be arguably the best statue ever made by Sideshow. Either way, it would bother me too much, as long as the production piece looks as good as this i'll be made up :thud:

ramyhu2y.jpg

ybe9asyd.jpg

zuhejegu.jpg

Back