Confirmed Upcoming 1/6 Star Wars Releases: Hot Toys & Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Confirmed Upcoming Sideshow Star Wars Releases: 1/6 Figures and Accessories

I'm guessing the revamps will be HT focus...

I wonder if their Chewbacca would have the same kind of permed hair as their new Ripley? Wooo! Chant with me, "furred Chewbacca or nothing!"

I wonder if their Chewbacca would have the same kind of permed hair as their new Ripley? Wooo! Chant with me, "furred Chewbacca or nothing!"
Imagine if they did him with sculpted hair.
I would turn that figure into molotovs and start a revolution.

They HAVE to do him with permed hair mang. And God forbid they don't **** up his height.

If I were to have influence on Hot Toys, I'd want them to get on Han DX (ANH) and then Chewy MMS for release at the same time. I'm just not sure what they could do with a DX Han to put him at the same level as their DX07 Luke. What could be a reason for a second full figure in the box, and what accessory could they include to augment/enhance a display besides a stand? It should be something as usable and self-contained as DX07's weather vane.

IMO, it would be a lot easier to do a multi-pack DX Han for ESB as there are more possibilities for the second body and alternative display structure - how about the rack/contraption he's supported on just before being frozen in carbonite? So, I'm still trying to figure out what they could possibly do for ANH to match DX07's bang-for-the-buck.

Last edited:

I wonder if HT would ever start doing a BAF type thing with a vehicle or figure? It would be mental if they did all these characters with parts of the Millenium Falcon or Rancor. It's kind of hard to beat the bang-for-buck of DX07 now that even the regulars are getting more expensive.

Think you go with a Rotj version, where One figure is the defrosted Han from carbonite, and the other is regular Han and you toss in some endor extras, coat and explosives

I saw on the first page that a hot toys vader was planned? wow that would be great if it actually happened.

Vader was mentioned by Howard Chan in an interview on July 30th... but how far along he is is anybodies guess :lol Anakin was also mentioned again, but nothing about Han who was mentioned way back when the DX Luke came out.

Hot Toys Darth Vader? Not that interested in it since I have SSC Deluxe Darth Vader. Unless Hot Toys Vader is in white or comes with his meditation chamber, it will be an easy pass for me. But still, great for those who do not have a Vader if it is indeed planned.

But what I am hoping for is a two pack of Han and Chewbacca from Hot Toys. Would be an instant buy.

With the higher quality of HT I think there would be a lot if interest in a Vader. I'll need another to go with my tie pilots [emoji2]

I wonder how likely SSC taking a crack at the Cloud Car pilots & Bespin guards is, because both those guys would be instant purchases for me (providing the heads aren't too mongy).

I've wondered about that myself... I'd be down for both, but I can already hear the cries of protest from collectors :lol

What would be awesome is if a grey market company just released some outfit sets.

Yeah, that would be a cool option. Pop them onto some HT TTs & we're in business. :)

is this new? hot toys star wars? 10300271_791915087495836_3689748601418683299_n.jpg

ok , i guess wishfull thinking it is:slap:duff

More ARC troopers and Republic commandos would be great.

Back