Confirmed Upcoming 1/6 Star Wars Releases: Hot Toys & Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Confirmed Upcoming Sideshow Star Wars Releases: 1/6 Figures and Accessories

Yea, Malgus got way too much attention..Am I the only Quinlan Vos fan?

I really.... really... Would love to see a movie edition of Quinlan Vos from TPM.:drool

Last edited:

Gotta say I'm pretty happy with all the OT 1/6 figures we'll see at SDCC this year. Fingers crossed we get one or two more before it's all said and done :rock

Fingers crossed we get one or two more before it's all said and done :rock

Someone's rockin a huge bonus at work no doubt. ;)

I love seeing the new stuff, I hate to think about fitting too many into the collection and finances.

Taking a look at the list, if there is another announced figure, my guess it will be Dooku. I'm betting Talon will be scrapped since she is not a canon character.

Maybe a Tarkin with the exclusive version including a mouse droid.

Taking a look at the list, if there is another announced figure, my guess it will be Dooku. I'm betting Talon will be scrapped since she is not a canon character.

Maybe a Tarkin with the exclusive version including a mouse droid.
I'm good with my repainted Hasbro Dooku headsculpt and new body.

Someone's rockin a huge bonus at work no doubt. ;)

I love seeing the new stuff, I hate to think about fitting too many into the collection and finances.

Not me... one of the sucks of working for a University no bonuses :lol

But, I can always find more room for OT goodness. Just means some other lesser property needs to get the boot :lol

I guess the HT announcement will change this a bit.

Yeah I would expect to see a list of cancellations at this point. No way will they be able to match the amazing detail and likeness Hot Toys can provide.

And SideShow I love you guys, but the Star Wars lines have suffered a lot in recent years in the human characters department.

Will we ever see the confirmed 1/6 Max Rebo Band?

Now I know why SSC has finally made some big OT wants, Speeder bike and Scout for example, Hot Toys is in the game with their own Star Wars license...Let the games begin. Maybe the competition will mean discounts for us.

Now I know why SSC has finally made some big OT wants … Hot Toys is in the game with their own Star Wars license...

No. That's not the case. Hot Toys and Sideshow are partners, and Hot Toys releasing a new Star Wars character (which has yet to be announced) simply shows that partnership is going strong. Look at the space dedicated to Hot Toys at SSC's booth too.

Last edited:

Have to agree... I don't think HT will try and directly compete with Sideshow like they've done with Enterbay and Medicom. I think they will primarily focus on releasing the heavy hitters Sideshow has already done and both will likely try to release figures on a schedule that allows the other to sell w/o interference.

LFL doesn't want licensees competing. Hasbro, sideshow, Hot Toys, and all other collectable toy producers submit product plans to LFL. This kind of thing is standard practice so the IP owner can ax ideas that might harm the property.

LFL coordinates the activities of its license holders. 2013 was intentionally low key. The shelves at Wal-Mart and other major retail outlets were intentionally dull. Next year is a different story.

Still waiting for Count Dooku....

They showed his head once... so he's being worked on. No idea what it is taking so long, with Jango in the queue Dooku is the last PT figure I have any interest in.

They showed his head once... so he's being worked on. No idea what it is taking so long, with Jango in the queue Dooku is the last PT figure I have any interest in.

Yea, noticed no sith at all were previewed..But SS also didn't even display the bomb disposal clone trooper so I have some hope that Dooku and maybe Mechanical Maul are at least in the prototype phase.

It's certainly possible. Sideshow does not share as much info as they once did. And zero solid 1/6 teases this year, but a few in the statue realm.

Who was the last sixth scale force user they did? Vader? And upcoming is Luke, right? I kind of want a revamp of the OT. Smuggler Han, Chewie, Knight Luke, Slave Leia ♥, Old Yoda

Back