X-Men: Days of Future Past

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took an older article and a recent article to show you it was being developed, and even back in 2007 the word was Singer wanted to make other films instead of focus on the SR sequel, but you thought I was just making stuff up because I liked the film, and you were proven wrong. I don’t know whats wrong with the sites I gave, most of the news posted here are from superhero based sites, but I guess that just another one of your dumb excuses to try and discredit my post.

Please explain to me what I was actually wrong about? Where was I supposedly making something up? I expect you to deviate around this question.

I know they need to make a lot of money, but you said they needed to make a billion dollars to make profit, which is just stupid, like your last 3 posts.

C'mon boys, cheer up!

Party Time!

:rotfl :rotfl

This should make this Phantom idiot feel a bit better.

These are my kind of twinkie

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 143
Still haven’t had the chance to see it, did he do a better job with Ender’s Game?

Origins is one of the worst movies ever created in my opinion :lol
My wife rented it, and I was watching it off and on. Felt extremely mediocre to me, and I was a fan of the book as a youngster. Tension wasn't built up effectively, drama felt flat, and so the story didn't seem like it mattered as much as it should have. Having said that, I think Ford put on one of the better performances I've seen from him in years, but he's so good that he still could have been phoning it in a bit.

https://badassdigest.com/2014/04/18...in-child-abuse-doc-from-oscar-nominated-film/

As the lawsuit claiming Bryan Singer sexually assaulted a man named Michael Egan in 1999 grabs the gossip headlines, truly shocking movie news comes out of it: Amy Berg, an Oscar-nominated documentary, has been working for two years on an expose of child sexual abuse in Hollywood, and Egan is part of her film.

Berg's 2006 movie Deliver Us From Evil covered similar ground but within the Catholic Church, and it sent shockwaves that continue to shake the Vatican.That means this is familiar territory, and depending on what she has dug up a lot of people in Hollywood could be feeling very, very nervous about this.

It's unclear if Berg's film covers the SInger allegations (although it seems like it will now). Egan was involved in a 2000 lawsuit that led to the eventual conviction of Marc Collins-Rector - a founder of the failed Hollywood dotcom DEN - for child enticement and luring minors across state lines for sexual purposes. Egan claims that Singer sexually assaulted him at a Collins-Rector party, but that's new information - it's likely that Berg is just including the original story and lawsuit, which didn't include Singer.

Berg is debuting her first narrative film, Every Secret Thing, at Tribeca this week. That film apparently also includes child abuse, and I imagine that Berg's going to get swamped by the press trying to find out more about her doc and what secrets she might have uncovered in two years of investigation. Hollywood contracts with scandals every few years and behavior that had been widespread suddenly becomes secret or simply shunned. This scandal and this doc feel like they could potentially create a seismic change in Hollywood's party culture.

Yeah, right. Guys like Polanski and Woody Allen are still treated like royalty by the Hollywood community.

even Scarlett Johansson and a bunch of others were defending Woody Allen. so yeah, royalty

"they create great art and are rich, therefore they Must be innocent"

I took an older article and a recent article to show you it was being developed, and even back in 2007 the word was Singer wanted to make other films instead of focus on the SR sequel, but you thought I was just making stuff up because I liked the film, and you were proven wrong. I don’t know whats wrong with the sites I gave, most of the news posted here are from superhero based sites, but I guess that just another one of your dumb excuses to try and discredit my post.

Please explain to me what I was actually wrong about? Where was I supposedly making something up? I expect you to deviate around this question.

I know they need to make a lot of money, but you said they needed to make a billion dollars to make profit, which is just stupid, like your last 3 posts.

You didn't prove anyone wrong pal, not by a long shot.

Singer may have been developing MOS (just like he's doing with AOA), but the movie won't be made until the studio green lights it, and they weren't going to green light a sequel to SR. Not only did the film "underperform", but it's story and reputation was bad. So BS could plan all he wants, that doesn't mean he's going to get to make it.

He went to work on Valkerie because he knew they weren't going to use him on MOS.

They didn't even do another Superman movie for 6 years, because they knew he was toxic. They didn't even develop a Superman film right away, they did GL instead, and The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises in between.

Bottom Line: Bryan Singer was never going to make a sequel to Superman Returns. You act like that was his decision; it wasn't.

And yes, Superhero based sites are nonsense.
Those guys don't know anymore than anyone else on the internet. How many of them are actually proven right? Who would even take them seriously? I guess I should because one from 7 years ago somehow proves your point? Not likely.

You don't think these movies need to make a billion at the box office, who's being stupid now? The biggest superhero budget (which already average around 180-225 million) is going to make a profit by making 400 million. Yeah, as long as you don't factor in silly things like prints and advertising. I guess that doesn't count because that's all free.

Just so you know, I'm using 400 million because that's the average box office that the Xmen movies make. But hey, let's be generous and say it makes what MOS made or what the Amazing Spider-man made. Will that make it a hit? No, because their bloated budgets didn't allow for it.

Fox is out of their minds to let Singer spend that kind of money.

AOA is probably never going to happen, and it won't have anything to do with Singer's transgressions.

So keep resorting to name calling because that's all you got in your holster boy.

My wife rented it, and I was watching it off and on. Felt extremely mediocre to me, and I was a fan of the book as a youngster. Tension wasn't built up effectively, drama felt flat, and so the story didn't seem like it mattered as much as it should have. Having said that, I think Ford put on one of the better performances I've seen from him in years, but he's so good that he still could have been phoning it in a bit.

I might give it a watch, I was a fan of the book also, but I saw Gavin Hood attached to the film and I lost all interest after that.

You didn't prove anyone wrong pal, not by a long shot.

Singer may have been developing MOS (just like he's doing with AOA), but the movie won't be made until the studio green lights it, and they weren't going to green light a sequel to SR. Not only did the film "underperform", but it's story and reputation was bad. So BS could plan all he wants, that doesn't mean he's going to get to make it.

He went to work on Valkerie because he knew they weren't going to use him on MOS.

They didn't even do another Superman movie for 6 years, because they knew he was toxic. They didn't even develop a Superman film right away, they did GL instead, and The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises in between.

Bottom Line: Bryan Singer was never going to make a sequel to Superman Returns. You act like that was his decision; it wasn't.

And yes, Superhero based sites are nonsense.
Those guys don't know anymore than anyone else on the internet. How many of them are actually proven right? Who would even take them seriously? I guess I should because one from 7 years ago somehow proves your point? Not likely.

You don't think these movies need to make a billion at the box office, who's being stupid now? The biggest superhero budget (which already average around 180-225 million) is going to make a profit by making 400 million. Yeah, as long as you don't factor in silly things like prints and advertising. I guess that doesn't count because that's all free.

Just so you know, I'm using 400 million because that's the average box office that the Xmen movies make. But hey, let's be generous and say it makes what MOS made or What the Amazing Spider-man made. Will that make it a hit? No, because their bloated budgets didn't allow for it.

Fox is out of their minds to let Singer spend that kind of money.

AOA is probably never going to happen, and it won't have anything to do with Singer's transgressions.

So keep resorting to name calling because that's all you got in your holster boy.

Your argument is something you can’t prove, my argument was that I wasn’t just making things up, so I posted links to reinforce my statement, because you claimed I was making things up due to some sort of bias. I think you might have forgotten why we’re arguing :lol

Either way who cares now, back to DOFP.

Yeah, right. Guys like Polanski and Woody Allen are still treated like royalty by the Hollywood community.

While I don't think it absolves him of any blame, by any means, I can kind of see why they might be a little more lenient on Polanski. He did something absolutely terrible, but I don't really know who could come away from something like he did without being a few fries short of a happy meal; particularly the way that it happened. It doesn't excuse what he did, but it might go a ways toward explaining it. I don't know what the hell is up with Allen, though; maybe he's really a Lannister.:lol

even Scarlett Johansson and a bunch of others were defending Woody Allen. so yeah, royalty

"they create great art and are rich, therefore they Must be innocent"

Yeah, I think she even gave a quote that pretty much called Woody Allen's daughter Dylan Farrow "irresponsible" for calling out actors who didn't have the courage to tell the truth. ****ing idiot.

Back