X-Men: Days of Future Past

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oooooh, you want a fair treatment instead of just talking about Fox? Well I've got lovely news for you, and on these boards I know this is very dangerous territory, so I hope you appreciate that I'm risking life and limb for you (I'm joking... a bit:lol): I LOATHE RDJ as Iron Man (boom, there it is, oh yeah, I said it) apart from Tropic Thunder, in which he's brilliant, I don't like him in general, and I loathe that there is no Iron Man character, RDJ literally IS Iron Man – or his arrogant alcoholic performing side is anyway. I actually don't really like Marvel Studios formulaic and childishly simplifying approach at all. But overall they are truer to the CB than any X-men film we've had. Only reason I mentioned them. X2 is still a better film than anything Marvel Studios has made as far as I'm concerned, it's just that, relatively X2 is a worse X-MEN film than say Captain America is a Captain America film, you know what I'm saying? That's what I meant. The only Marvel Studios movies thus far that I genuinely liked as films were Avengers and Winter Soldier, I mean for real, those are the only two. And it's all stuff for 12 year olds in my eyes (not that there's anything wrong with that in and of itself, kids need entertainment too – well, I'll throw it up to 15 for Winter Soldier). No I'd take X1, X2, FC and probably DoFP over anything Marvel Studios has made any day. But MS still makes better CB adaptations from an adaptation pov and that's what the discussion was about.

And here I continue, because believe it or not, I also loathe the original Spider-man films (why do I have a red dot on my chest and head?). Oh yes, all aboard the hate-train nerds and gentleman, because I genuinely hated Wussy MacGuire as spider-man. I do love Garfield though, even if ASM1 was mediocre, I did see the spider-man I hoped to see for a long time. And I'm very curious to see AMS2. SO that's why I never mentioned Sony, they happen to finally do something right for me.

I can't help it that I loved Nolan's trilogy and love Man of Steel (what a surprise) so I can't hate much on WB concerning comics, although they are utterly assraping any happy association I had with the LotR franchise (because twhat Jackson is doing to the LotR franchise is a thousand times more terrible than anything Singer could do to this franchise), so let's take that as a substitute for DC (and we all know Green Lantern was boring).

Is that hate across the board enough for you?:lol

EDIT: although 2013 proved even Marvel Studios can fail on X-men 3 level (looking at you Mandarin). It's just that I don't care nearly enough about Iron Man to follow any Iron Man thread. And I do think Singer has done a lot of great things for the CB genre. But when I add every pro and every con up, I arrive at the conclusion that I'd just rather see a reboot than stick with what we have.

I may not agree with it all entirely, but all I can say is bravo. Bravo sir!

As much as I like RDJ as Tony Stark, I feel as though he's getting more and more stale. I'm not sure if it's him or the quality of the IM films. Thought he was great in the first. He was written the best in IM and Avengers, but Avengers 2 he wasn't as sharp and IM3 he bored me to death.

I actually was quite surprised that I kinda did appreciate him in Avengers because Whedon had a good balance of dialog where he bounced him off against characters that can handle him. And I came to the conclusion that it's him in his solo franchise that I dislike – he plays too fast and loose with the character and other characters imo and so does his entire side of the franchise. I just, I can't in any way connect with it except that the armour is awesome. Who I do like is Don Cheadle as War Machine and I do look forward to seeing both of them in Avengers 2. Somehow it works more for me within a team setting.

love this post how i feel exactly about the spidey movies hope to like the new one .just need to see something different with the Xmen films we got a glimpse of it in Fc now we are back to Nonsense.
I may not agree with it all entirely, but all I can say is bravo. Bravo sir!
I actually agree with everything you said in that epic post and I appreciate your bravery for calling RDJ. Thats blasphemous on here :lol

I recommend TASM2 by the way, I thought it was awesome. It has its problems, but it nails Peter/Spidey’s character.

Ha, thanks. Love the responses.:lol I don't begrudge anyone liking RDJ, ftr, but there you are. I felt I owed you (Pturtle) an honest broader opinion after giving you so much lip.:lol And it's not like I'm on an Iron Man thread here. I don't like him but I'm not a party crasher and not at all out to spit it into the faces of fans of his. If having Man of Steel as one of your all time favourite CB movies teaches you anything, it's to live and let live.:lol

I'm really worried about AMS2 because initially I assumed it was gonna be my favourite CB film of the year, but some reviews have made me a little worried. But I'll see for myself. Nice that you liked it in any case. I love the entire cast though, so, can't believe I'd not like it. At least I love Zimmer's score so far, fantastic SPider-man theme.

But this is going off topic. One thing about DoFP in the positive: Magneto raising that arena is one of the most epic X-men visuals I've seen in a long time. Really looking forward to that scene.

I still don't get that Beast is looking human half the time. If he can voluntarily shift now I am gonna be pissed about that, it defeats the point of the whole character.

I still don't get that Beast is looking human half the time. If he can voluntarily shift now I am gonna be pissed about that, it defeats the point of the whole character.

Yeah I don't understand that. I thought his change was permanent. And if you count X3 (which this film does) then its even more puzzling.

This and how Charles can walk are kind of just odd choices. You have a set continuity where these things exist, and the actors signed up for those parts. Why mess with it?

Well Singer's elaborated on Charles walking. Apparently it will come to some "other cost" that he's able to. And eventually he'll embrace being crippled and doesn't have to pay that cost anymore. I actually kinda like that idea.

And personally I've always loved it that beast has the appearance of, well, a beast, but is actually a very kind and intelligent soul underneath it.

In this film though, for Beast it undermines his entire arc of FC, because that was in fact all about him having to accept his appearance. Otherwise the whole arc of his cure backfiring is made utterly pointless.

He made a serum that allows him to stay in his human appearance, but whenever he gets…excited I guess, he changes into Beast.

A few months ago it was posted here, most of the members here were upset that they “Hulked” him out.

After Jackman is done his run as Wolvie, I'd love to see a proper X-Men movie with the original core members first and save Wolvie for a Giant-Sized sequel. No Cyclops for two X films in a row is ridiculous. :cuss

Fine by me. I had Marsden. If they recast, then maybe.

Funny because Marsden is probably the only actor I would want to be carried over in a reboot. I thought he did a great job with what he was given (which wasn't much).

He made a serum that allows him to stay in his human appearance, but whenever he gets…excited I guess, he changes into Beast.

A few months ago it was posted here, most of the members here were upset that they “Hulked” him out.

Yea it's Known knowledge it's been for months now.

Back